Palladio Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Powder foundations are something of an oddity and for me they're either HG or DR (Death Rattle - go with me on this). There's no middle ground; it's one or t'other. My skin - never the most cooperative entity in the universe to start with - sometimes likes foundation and sometimes doesn't like foundation but instead prefers a powder which provides a touch of coverage.

(My skin also runs the gamut from extremely dry and flaky to oily and greedy but still very sensitive in about 5 seconds flat. Needless to say, we've had our "awkward" moments)

This was an impulse buy by (can I really use "buy by" in a sentence? That just seems so very wrong) my husband who had - bless him - tried to find the Physician's Formula thingy I'd added to the list, failed, and in desperation asked the closest human for advice.

She recommended this powder; she is clearly a Goddess of some sort because without even seeing me she knew what I needed.

The shade is "Ivory Myrrh" and, despite the completely nonsensical name (shockingly nonsensical), it's actually a very pretty light almost-beige shade. It seemed to be a teeny bit more yellow than I'd usually select, but in broad daylight it was actually very natural-looking. When you add a bit of bronzer to the mix your skin looks like it's glowing from the inside out.

Once again though, shades for darker ladies are completely missing and it loses a lippie for that.

In terms of coverage I'd call it medium. It doesn't layer too well, but if you start out with just a touch you can build it up a little bit without it becoming cement cake. Just a little bit.

It does last a decent amount of time too, even without a primer. It's really a handy little option if you want light to medium coverage.

(I can't really categorize this properly because it's neither HG or DR and that flummoxes me)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Makes your skin look worse than it did before! I really found nothing good in this foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have pretty much the worst skin ever. Very acne-prone and extremely sensitive, so most foundations either break me out or give me a rash, which is no fun. This foundation is a godsend for me. It isn't full coverage but it evens out my redness and camouflages my breakouts while still letting my skin breathe. I've been using for 3 months now and I've completely thrown away ever other foundation I've tried. I go through it very quickly and am on my second compact in 3 months, but for $6, that isn't a problem at all. My only problem with it is the sponge, which can get really gross and germy fast, and is ineffective. I use a powder foundation brush instead and just flat out throw away the sponge.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I like this product. I don't wear make-up every day. But on the occasion to I need to "dress" up for a company dinner. I use this. It covers heavier when wet and lighter when dry. My lines and open pores don't show IF I use a primer first. Blends well when I highlithg and contour my face.

So let me start off with saying I have sensitive dry combo skin with a crazy oily t zone. Now with that out of the way I LOVE LOVE this foundation! It doesn't stick to the dry patches on my cheeks. It gives a matte but not flat finish. It gives your face a healthy glow (not dewy). If you use it dry it gives a light natural looking coverage. I really like using it on top of a BB cream then you get a medium coverage with a beautiful finish. I get so many compliments when I wear it like that with a little bronzer and blush. I haven't tried it wet and I don't really plan to. I like the finish when I wear it dry. I don't use the applicator it comes with I apply it with a kabuki brush. I can wear this all day at work and then go to the gym and when I clean my face with a cleansing cloth there is still product on there. I do have oil break through on my t zone about 6 hours after applying but there are no long lasting claims on this product. It also doesn't break my face out. I will definitely be buying this again and again in the future.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Excellent product. No irritation. Applied dry flawlessly, not powdery, adequate coverage but the lightest color "Laurel Nude" looked muddy on my fair, pink-cheeked NW20 skin.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

It covers nicely, but there were a few cons: doesn't last very long, broke me out, and only comes in a few shades and is hard to match to skin.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

When I first bought this product, I loved it. I used it as the final step in my makeup routine, in certain areas like spots or under the eyes, on top of my full coverage liquid foundation and concealer. It gave me a nice finish and was great for touch ups but it made my face breakout really bad. I never had acne-prone skin so for my face to suddenly start breaking out was not normal. It was a great product from the start and I wanted to love it but unfortunately, it gave me acne and I am now having to deal with that so I will definitely not purchase this product again.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really like this! I ended up getting this for free; I had a $5 off of $10 coupon at Ulta, and it was on sale for $4.99. I usually use Revlon Colorstay but its a little heavy for everyday, so I grabbed this remembering it got good reviews on here. Beautiful coverage and finish on my combo, extra sensitive skin, plus no irritation! I got it in cypress beige, and while it could be a bit more yellow, it still looks good in natural light. I think the neutrality of the foundation helps me pull off more colors too.

EDIT: This is my new HG. All of my little clogs that have plagued me forever are GONE. Liquid foundation was probably the culprit. No new big bumps either! I have gotten compliments on my skin for the first time in a while. This can go on a little powdery but in about half an hour it sets to the most natural, beautiful satiny finish while still covering!

UPDATE: I adored this powder foundation when used dry, but HOLY COW...when used wet, it's even better. Gives such a flawless finish to my face without looking cakey or dry (not that it did this dry) and lasts much longer without having to blot away oil. AMAZING.

Ever since I fell in love with powder foundation, I've been on the hunt for new ones to try. I heard good things about this one so I gave it a go. I believe I got the color Everlasting Tan and it is a pretty good match for my NC35 skintone.

The powder is very finely milled, with little fall-out when you swirl your brush into the pan.

It's medium-full coverage and can look cakey if you apply it with a heavy hand. Lasts all day.