Palladio Beauty Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Black

3.8

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Bought this because I needed a powder foundation for my oily skin. The lightest shade was too dark for me and I'm NC35! The packaging and sponge is ok, mirror should be bigger and square shaped like the shape of the compact. There should be sponge refills included for hygienic reasons. Sponge refills for all brands such as MAC shouldn't be so expensive. MAC charges $10 for 2 sponges. It should be a pack that will last until the makeup in the compact finishes. Speaking of MAC, MAC Studio fix powder is better though not the best powder foundation because it oxidizes and I become greasy and oily in less than an hour or so. That's my skin though so it might be better for someone else. As with this product. They need to make more shades and perhaps give more coverage because it didn't cover my discoloration and acne. All powder compacts should have better, bigger, clearer mirrors so you can see your face and apply the product perfectly and evenly and include sponge refills that last and apply the makeup beautifully and evenly and does not fall apart. MAC's Studio Fix Powder Sponge is a good example of a good sponge but could still be a little better and not be so expensive!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

After reading the positive raves about this powder, I finally gave it a try. Texture is silky smooth and actually creates an airbrush effect on the skin. Though the coverage is light to medium, it still covers most of the acne marks and the redness of my skin. It is also good in controlling the oiliness. I remember using a blotting paper only during my coffee break in the afternoon. My skin did not negatively react to the powder and still remain pimple-free. Overall, this powder is a cheap alternative to the expensive powders of well known brands and will definitely re-purchase.

For reference, I am NC 25-30, jet black hair.. got Cypress beige for 9 usd in Ulta. As a dry powder, it kinda looked off when i first put it. but when I wet the sponge it made my skin look flawless.

Packaging could be better but at least it has a mirror and for the price, i'd definitely buy again! Wish they'd have more shades to choose from though.

I am so intensely thankful for MUA, because otherwise I would have never even considered picking this powder up.
At first I used W/D fdtn with the ELF flat top brush and buff it into my face. It lasted all day and provided light to medium coverage. The only thing was that it really emphasized my dry patches; and the color while matched my face nicely, was slightly more neutral compared to my neck. Then I tried the powder wet. I applied my moisturizer with a sponge, and then used the same sponge to apply the powder onto my skin. Perhaps the leftover moisturizer in the sponge made the powder creamier, but it blended so nicely into my skin. I get a super nice coverage, and this is when my skin reacted badly to a chemical I was working in lab at the time. It gave me this satiny matte finish, and you still can see my skin texture peeping through. Overall I was very pleased, even my boyfriend complimented on how nice my skin looked that day.
I am NC 25 -30 in MAC and I use Cypress Beige. Now the powder matches very nicely with both my face and my neck, probably because my skin can't keep a tan and I am getting paler. It also comes with a decent sponge for touch up and a nice mirror in a sturdy packaging, meaning that the powder won't shatter in my backpack. Yes and the powder doesn't break me out. I will buy the powder again when I am finish with this one :)

Edit 1/31/2013: Time for math!!! I am listing the price per ounces of several powder foundations that I have tried and why is this is a good choice if the moon and the stars align and the fdtn matches your skin color. All prices are calculated based on the brand websites or the websites of the store where I get them.

Palladio Wet/ Dry Foundation: $ 10.99/ 0.28 oz = $39.25/ oz
MAC Blot Powder: $ 25/ 0.40 oz = $59.52/ oz
MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation: $ 27/ 0.52 oz = $51.92/ oz
MAC Mineralised Skin Finish Natural: $ 30/ 0.35 oz = $85.71/ oz
MUFE Duo Mat Powder Foundation: $34/ 0.35 oz = $97.14/ oz
Lorac POREperfection Bake Powder $33/ 0.32 = $103.13/ oz
Milani The Multitasker: $6.99/ 0.37 oz = $ 18.89/ oz

No, Palladio Wet/ Dry foundation is not the cheapest among DS fdtn, actually it is probably the most expensive one but for the coverage, finish and ease of using I think it is absolutely worthy.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Ladies DON'T BE FOOLED into thinking this is a DS item sold at Sally's/ulta for $10 because its really costing you $36---> WTH?!?! Its because this compact is ONLY = 0.28oz vs the average DS/HE foundation/powder that is almost ALWAYS =1.00 oz so to get the same amount ur essentially shelling out wayy more $$$.

For starters, I have normal to dry skin. I look to cover redness mainly, a zit or two & even out my complexion overall with foundations. I do not have acne/scars & still using this dry, gave me such sheer coverage as if I wore translucent powder only. Used wet, yes this covered everything & I was flawless for hrss!!!! Here comes the bad: CAKEY, even withoutt layering. I think the WET part of this foundation is meant for the sponge application to get ANY coverage, the DRY is what your left with--dry, cakey, powdery matte finish. So UN-natural & emphasized ALL my pores. Ofcourse all this was with me staring in the mirror; I checked indoors/outdoors, yellow/white lights, natural/car lights & yup same effects. A couple of feet away & dim lights could work but come on self satisfaction is important too! Why wear mu in the first place, if it isn't.

IF your still interested, for reference I'm NW20, Revlon CS-buff, Sally Hansen by Carmindy-Ecru Beige, L'oreal True Match W2, Maybelline Smooth Mousse-Creamy Natural, Maybelline Matte Mousse-Classic Ivory & matched Palladio-LAUREL NUDE which has pink undertones & is probably best for normal-oily skin IMO.

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I just may be on the something here. I do not think it is quite HG, but for the price it is far ahead of the pack.

In the past for foundation I have tried various medium and full coverage cream and liquids and I always feel like I have on makeup and every few hours it looks like its melting and fading and I'm worried it will rub on my clothes. It is a nightmare so I usually do not bother. What I want is basically MFBB and my previous experiences with foundation have pretty much left my face with this kinda "new me" look. My original color is gone, and I feel totally made up. Not ugly, just a little weird for me when I just want to look natural most of the time.

What I find with this Palladio is a nice, matte finish that allows my natural color to show through. It is buildable coverage and I have built it up to somewhere between light and medium using the wet technique. It takes a great deal of reapplication to get to medium, but I don't mind because it does not look mask-like. My acne scars get camouflaged, not completely hidden, but I still look my true skin color which I love. I am knocking off a lippie for a lack of color selection and very slight ashiness that goes away after a few minutes. If they had a few more, warmer color options on the dark side I would be better off. But I do like how this feels on my face. Basically I cannot feel it on my face and applying it wet leaves a nice cooling sensation.

I will come back with an update on how it lasts, but so far it has lasted everywhere, except my uncontrollably oily nose. It is now 11am and I applied at 7am. Generally by this time, my cream mouse foundation + primer + setting spray has started to kinda separate and settle into my large pores. But with this Palladio stuff I still look matte and, dare I say, airbrushed??

UPDATE+++++so excited to see you can order online from palladiobeauty.com where they have more colors including a color called toasted almond that looks warmer and better for me so I will be ordering soon and providing updated review UPDATE+++++so I ordered from Palladiobeauty.com where it says to expect 7 to 14 business days for delivery, BUT I just got an email and my order has already shipped...yea!!...the toasted almond color looks muddy when applied wet...ick! However the toasted almond color looks the same as dark mocha when applied dry

UPDATE++++215pm and still matte...only 1 dry touchup all day so far...i'm loving it!.....so this pretty much holds up to an 8 hour day with minimal touch up needed on combo skin...of course it was no match for my oiliest part, my nose.

This is a keeper to use on top of my liquid or cream. When applied heavier than medium it looks dreadfully ashy and mask-like so I will only use it for blotting and setting.

This stuff is great! And cheap (which makes it even more great)! I think ideally it is for combination-oily skin like mine; some have complained that it makes their skin feel tight, but for me, that feeling lasts very, very briefly. It gives light (dry) to medium (wet) coverage, and is portage. I don't look messy in the middle of the day. I don't need any big touch ups. I'm not usually a drug store makeup buyer, because there is a sephora across the street from me and several department stores closer to me than the nearest drug store - but I like this better than the Dior Airflash I recently bought, by far!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

So far so good! I bought this powder out of curiosity since it was on the ULTA shelf and I remember good things about it. Since I'm Asian and my skin is about as beige as you could possibly get, I have this in the Cypress Beige (I think I spelled that right...) shade.

Since I'm not a fan of using sponges for powder makeup, I used a kabuki brush and applied it with mineral powder technique (by swirling/bluffing it into my skin). My skin looked SPLENDID! This powder goes on super smooth, feels ultra light (you don't feel it at all), and doesn't settle into fine lines. You get flawless, airbrushed-like skin. The coverage (dry with a kabuki brush) is probably medium, which is perfect for work, school and hanging out with friends. To be honest, I think the coverage looks better and more natural than my BE Matte powder, although that one matches my skin tone more.

I haven't had much success trying this powder wet. The sponge is soft and feels high quality, but it seems to soak up the powder instead of putting it on my skin when it's wet. I may try using a wet brush later, but I'm happy with the coverage that I get while the powder is dry, so I think I'll stick to that. Overall, I am VERY impressed!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this in Cypress beige from Sally's after reading that it was a great MAC studio fix powder alternative and I've been using it for several weeks now.
It's been great so far, which makes me happy since warmer weather is coming in my neck of the woods and I hate using liq foundation during the summer.
This product takes away shine, doesn't break me out (MAC blot powder broke me out), and has pretty good coverage. It doesn't last the whole day, but long enough for my needs. I don't use the sponge it comes with and wish the packaging was a lil slimmer, but I just use an eco tools powder brush with it and deal with the size.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

iv only started wearing powder/ foundation recently because i found that wearing sunscreen on my face makes me shine a lot. this is my first ever compact and i loved it didn't last for too long though bec it i used it everyday. packaging wise, i really like that it has a separate compartment fot the sponge although id like it better if they tried to make the compact slimmer bec i carry this around and the packaging is a bit bulky. the powder itsef i have no problems with just add spf and this would be perfect. i tried using another powder after i used this up but it broke me out so now im back to my trustee palladio powder which i think i'll repurchase again and again.