Palladio Beauty Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Blue

3.8

I agree with jackieskies. I'm in the UK and bought laurel nude from Amazon and loved it. My second purchase a few weeks ago and it's turned horribly pink on my face and sponge. It was so bad that I thought that my previously excellent American retailer had slipped me a fake.

Thanks to Jackie I now know that's not the case, but I can't wear it any more as it looks like I'm trying add a fake tan!

Bitterly disappointed. This quickly became my HG foundation and I feel that it's been snatched away from me. :(

I have been religiously using the 400 Laurel Nude compact ever since I started wearing makeup in high school, have ALWAYS loved it. This week, however, I went to purchase the same exact product and surprise, it is WAY darker this time around. Did the shades change? Did the formula change? I look ridiculous, all of my other pale skinned friends have noticed the same thing as well. I'm being forced to switch to ANYTHING else, as long as I don't look makeup illiterate every time I slap this incorrect shade on my face. Extremely disappointing, need more pale skin friendly shades out there.

If you happen to be blessed with more melanin than myself, this is a great, inexpensive, (previously) consistently great product. Hopefully they rethink whatever they're doing with their coloring.

Oh My God I love this product. I have acne prone combo skin, oily when it's hot and dry when it's cold. I use this with Cerave PM moisturizer (Put a small amount on a small area of powder and use a foundation brush, not the pad mainly just because it's dirty). I've tried tens of foundations in search of the one that won't make me break out and this is the one. I don't wear foundation everyday, usually just when breaking out badly or when I go out at night. THis doesn't make me break out at all (but maybe if i used it daily it might), it keeps me shine free AND moisturized (use with lotion.. not water if you're dry) and my skin looks beautiful! Matte, not really glowing. Coverage is medium, and alterable. It can go on heavy or light depending on your preference. At first it doesn't look great, but after it sets for ten or fifteen minutes it looks AMAZING for me. HG product!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is my current favorite foundation. I use it dry, because using it wet seems to make my skin feel weird, like it can't breath as well. But since I have changed up my skin care routine and have started birth control, my skin is not as oily and I may need to start wearing it wet to avoid the flaky look. When I use it wet, it seems to use up more of the product, though, which makes me sad ): I like to conserve it as much as possible. I got this when I was mega-breaking out. It doesn't seem to irritate my skin much or cause break outs. I was getting pimples on my forehead and nose, which never happens, with the old foundation I was trying out. Then when I switched to this, those went away. So that's progress. My skin didn't really start healing until I began using Clean and Clear Deep Action Exfoliating Scrub, Stridex Maximum Strength Alcohol Free pads, and Tri-Sprintec, though. But like I said, this doesn't seem to irritate me and that in itself is something awesome. I am fair and use "laurel nude" (or something like that) and it's a terrific match. I have used "buff" in Revlon Colorstay, if that helps. I went through one package of this so far and am on my second one, so maybe I will stay with this for a while. What I do is I use a small, very densely packed make up brush, swirl it around on the powder, and then swirl it around over each individual acne scar on my face as well as on my under-eye circles. I do this to avoid putting make up on skin that doesn't need it, as I feel make up is very irritating for one's skin. Think about it, when did your skin start NEEDING to be covered up? After you got into wearing foundation a lot, I predict. Was your face very bad before you began using foundation a lot? Probably not. I realize there are exceptions to what I am proposing, but I know a lot of people that were that way and I know that I was. People who don't wear make up have phenomenal skin most of the time. Anyway, that's my routine. Hope it helps!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Better than MAC studiofix and every other sun par foundation Ive wasted my money on over the years.After using this everything else sucks in comparison.It matches my pale yellow undertoned nc20 skin flawlessly.Its lightweight and has great coverage.An added bonus is my skim has cleared up immensely since using this.The price is perfect about $11 at Sallys.Just great stuff all around.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Should've trusted my gut on this one. I thought I would experiment with using a cream to powder foundation, but it just didn't work out for me. I can see why so many people have written glowing reviews of this product -- it applies easily & smoothly, it doesn't cake, the packaging is fantastic, and the formula is lightweight and silky. But that's where the love stops for me. First, I couldn't really find a good shade (I'm fair/warm, NC20-25). I bought the Laurel Nude shade, but I was left with a darkish pinky-peachy cast all over my face. It also made my face itch (and I don't even have sensitive skin). Must be the talc? I ended up washing it all off because I couldn't stand it. Too bad for me -- I love the concept of this product and was hoping I could make the switch from using messy liquid foundation.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love this for so many reasons:

-can fly with this & it's not a "liquid" that has to be drug out in Security
- this can be applied on my "lazy-I-don't-want-to put-on-makeup-today" days with a quck swipe of the Kabuki brush all over my face in like 30 seconds
- looks great & has great coverage applied wet with the sponge on pro-business days
- coverage lasts all day, with little touch ups
- just as good (or better coverage!) than Mac's Studio fix
- it's like 10 bucks at your local Sallys - keep one everywhere for that price! (purse, suitcase, makeup drawer)

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I don't even know where to start with this freaking sexy work of art! It has taken me years to find something as great as the Maybelline mineral power pressed powder which was sadly discontinued and left me heartbroken. This stuff has exceeded my expectations dramatically. It is better than the Maybelline I mentioned above and I never thought I would be able to say that! If you use this dry and alone you get medium coverage. On top of foundation dry you get full coverage. And finally if you use this wet you get full coverage. I'm on my fourth compact and just tried it wet a couple weeks ago. It worked so well dry that I didn't feel the need to until I was running late for work and forgot my foundation at home. I was amazed at how great it looks wet! It's not heavy or cakey and covers every blemish or imperfection I have. I use the lightest shade (laurel nude) and it matches well. I wouldn't say exact because I'm fair & cool and this has some warmth to it but it's dangerously near perfect! It's matte but if I'm needing some shimmer or looking too warm I will dust some Maybelline fit me powder in porcelain 110 on and I'm good to go. This will last me all day at work (8 hours typically) but staying power is different for everyone. I touch up depending on my oil and sweat production that day. It controls oil very well and will last through sweat. This is about $12 bucks at Sally's Beauty Supply but I get it a little cheaper because I have a pro card. So worth the money! Definitely try this and if you don't like it for some reason you can return it just keep the receipt! Packaging is awesome and the sponge is incredible unlike most that come with powders. It has air holes in the bottom of the container to prevent bacteria growth and let the sponge dry which is fab. Hope I helped!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I was hoping I would like this foundation but I just couldn't make it work for me.
Pros: not cakey, easy to apply, really nice packaging
Cons: It's pretty expensive, it doesnt control oil, it melts off my face easily (because of my oil), the coverage isnt too great, the lightest color looked orange on me, and it oxidized. Whew, I sure sound like a Debbie Downer!

I can see this working a heck of a lot better for ladies with more normal skin, but for me with my oil slick of a face it just didnt work. Ive only ever worn it dry so i might try applying it wet and update. But for now I'm sticking with my Maybelline Purestay!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm