Palladio Beauty Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Medium

4.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I sooooo wanted to love this foundation. This is one time when the great reviews burned me. I was looking for a cheaper alternative to MAC studio fix. I'm NC35 and I first chose CYPRESS BEIGE. Well, I liked the coverage, but I could tell it was a little too dark for me. Then, about an hour later it turned severely orange on me! I'm very oily, so that may have made it worse. So, I returned it to Ulta and exchanged it for IVORY MYRRH thinking that since it was lighter, it would not turn orange on me. Well, when I first put it on it seemed like a pretty good match, but once again, an hour later, I turned orange. :(
The only think I liked was the packaging. I'm returning this one.

Gosh, I wanted to love this as much as everyone else seems to...here's my rundown:

MY SKIN: Oily combination, medium-dark, warm-yellow undertones. My main skin concerns are redness around my nose, acne scars, the occasional pimple from Satan (you know what I'm talking about), and sun spots.

PRICE: $10 at Ulta.

APPLICATION: I tried this so many different ways - wet and dry with a sponge, using my sephora HD foundation brush, with a primer, without a primer, you name it - I really tried hard to make this foundation work.

RESULTS: Coverage is admittedly very good, it covered all of my concerns. I did not, however, seem to experience this "glow" everyone is talking about. My face looked ashy and dead - the very obvious "powder" look. I even gave it a half hour to settle in and checked back. Well, the powder look went away some, but I suddenly found fine lines on my face that I didn't know I had! This settled right into every nook and cranny, and I'm only 22! It made me look years older. Also, wet application (w/ a dampened sponge) made the foundation a whole shade darker! On the plus side, no breakouts.

OVERALL: Disappointed. I wish I could've added to the glowing reviews on this product, but sadly, I have to disagree :(. Good luck to others out there!

this oxidized and had no oil control. i looked orange and shiney : (

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

It covers nicely, but there were a few cons: doesn't last very long, broke me out, and only comes in a few shades and is hard to match to skin.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I really wanted to like this powder, the coverage is great whether its dry or wet, I find applying it dry covers more. It gives a medium to full coverage. The lasting power is amazing if its used alone with no foundation under it. I have a really oily t zone with my nose being the oiliest.I have acne scars on my forehead, and it covers. And I only have to blot after 8 hours. If used with foundation I have to blot after the first 4 hours once. I feel as the day goes on it just slowly wears off. It also broke me out. This is why I will not be purchasing it again. But I did buy the loose powder hopefully it will work out for me.

This is an ok powder foundation. I have it in Cypress Beige. I took a lippie off because despite this being a pretty good powder foundation I think you're better off getting Maybelline's Dream Matte powder which is cheaper and has a smoother texture.

I liked how they ad my shade but for allot of other people from the little shade selection it's hard for some people to find there shade . WIth that aside I think that it's a nice foundation but I wish they would come out with a medium coverage foundation because if you try layering it on it looks cakey and when you wet it it goes on a lil dark .

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Yes, I jumped on the bandwagon... which is something that I don't normally do with foundations (hair products are an entirely different story). Basically, I am just sick of applying gloopy, messy liquid foundations. I have never before worn a powder foundation and at $10 + 30+ positive reviews, I couldn't resist.

I purchased my Palladio foundation at Sally Beauty Supply for $9.99. I picked up Cypress Beige for my FFF/MMM complexion (I also wear Px Traceless in 3 and I am a Stila C/D or 30/40 Watts). The color is actually just about a perfect match. When I apply it, I can barely even see it (even before smoothing it out) so I guess that's a good thing.

The texture is very soft, silky, and well... creamy feeling. The coverage is light, but I would say that it's also quite buildable to medium coverage. The BEST part of this foundation is that I can't really feel it on. Unlike liquids, which I feel right away... after I apply this, my skin still feels naked. :o)

I haven't used this long enough to say whether or not it will break me out (I'll report back in a few weeks), but so far, it's a keeper!

UPDATE: I am bringing my review down from 5 lippies to 3 lippies simply b/c after a few uses, I began to feel and look like I had a mask on. The powder began slipping into my lines and it gave me somewhat of a chalky look. I still think this is a decent powder, but not HG material for me. continued >>

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Having looked high and low for a good powder foundation (see all my past reviews) I *finally* *finally* found this little gem. My coloring is NC30/35 and Cypress Beige was an excellent match. While I don't think this would be a longer lasting powder (8-10 hrs), it has worked for me for the duration of 5-6 hours. I have very oily & fickle skin, and many oil-free and shine-free products that others rave about do nothing for me. I do wear a shine-controlling primer with sunscreen as a base for this, and it might be the reason why it has worked for me but not for other reviewers. I found the coverage to be very good, although shade selection is limited. You can't beat $10 for this, while higher end powder foundations sell for more than twice. This one's a keeper!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!! before i was using this i was using the maybelline powder foundation that had spf15 i really liked it but it was to white for me and had horrible packaging.I didnt like carring it around in my backpack it was so bulky. i found thhis product by my mom she started using it and i loved how it looked on her so i went out iand bought it it works amazingly it covers my redness all over my face and my dark circuls especialy when used with water or a moisterizer. WILL BUY AGAIN!!LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!