Palladio Beauty Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Medium

4.2

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Having looked high and low for a good powder foundation (see all my past reviews) I *finally* *finally* found this little gem. My coloring is NC30/35 and Cypress Beige was an excellent match. While I don't think this would be a longer lasting powder (8-10 hrs), it has worked for me for the duration of 5-6 hours. I have very oily & fickle skin, and many oil-free and shine-free products that others rave about do nothing for me. I do wear a shine-controlling primer with sunscreen as a base for this, and it might be the reason why it has worked for me but not for other reviewers. I found the coverage to be very good, although shade selection is limited. You can't beat $10 for this, while higher end powder foundations sell for more than twice. This one's a keeper!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

It covers nicely, but there were a few cons: doesn't last very long, broke me out, and only comes in a few shades and is hard to match to skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

HG! Beautiful medium coverage, covers acne scars well. No need for concealer. I use it dry over boots beautifully matte makeup base and it not only lasts all day but looks just as amazing as when I first put it on. That has never happened with my old HG colorstay. The finish is so natural, no one can tell I have makeup on. Cypress beige is a great match for my NC 25 face. I've always used liquid foundation and am glad I switched to this great powder, it just looks so much better and it feels like I don't have anything on my face. And my pores look so much smaller! Woo!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

After reading the positive raves about this powder, I finally gave it a try. Texture is silky smooth and actually creates an airbrush effect on the skin. Though the coverage is light to medium, it still covers most of the acne marks and the redness of my skin. It is also good in controlling the oiliness. I remember using a blotting paper only during my coffee break in the afternoon. My skin did not negatively react to the powder and still remain pimple-free. Overall, this powder is a cheap alternative to the expensive powders of well known brands and will definitely re-purchase.

UPDATE: I adored this powder foundation when used dry, but HOLY COW...when used wet, it's even better. Gives such a flawless finish to my face without looking cakey or dry (not that it did this dry) and lasts much longer without having to blot away oil. AMAZING.

Ever since I fell in love with powder foundation, I've been on the hunt for new ones to try. I heard good things about this one so I gave it a go. I believe I got the color Everlasting Tan and it is a pretty good match for my NC35 skintone.

The powder is very finely milled, with little fall-out when you swirl your brush into the pan.

It's medium-full coverage and can look cakey if you apply it with a heavy hand. Lasts all day.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this on a whim at my Ulta a few days ago and I am very impressed! I was looking for something that could help my skin...I used Revlon's photoready foundation for a few weeks straight and my skin developed a horrible allergic reaction from prolonged exposure. I had ugly little bumps everywhere! They were not pimples, I have no idea what they were...but they were itchy. This has actually helped tremendously in clearing them up and i've only been using this for like 2 days! It's amazing! My boyfriend hates the smell of minerals so I can't use any kind of mineral based face products, this takes the cake for a "good for you" foundation. I actually like this stuff better than Photoready, it makes my skin look even more flawless AND it stays put longer! Our car broke down on the side of the road and we were in 100+ texas heat for several hours. I was sweaty and I was expecting to look like a wreck...my skin looked amazing! I decided to give this the true test today and wore it to work out...I was super sweaty and again I was expecting a melty face...but...my face looked perfect! I was sad to take my after-workout shower because my face still looked so pretty! This not only makes my face look great all day, my face feels nice to the touch and this doesn't transfer. This is great used either wet or dry, with the sponge, or with a brush. However you apply, it is just dreamy all over. I hate to say anything negative about the photoready foundation...but this is just so much better. I don't even need primer. I have oily skin by the way!
EDIT: 6/30/2012: My skin started to adjust to this makeup from wearing it everyday, and I wasn't getting the amazing results I was used to! This works best if you switch up your foundation routine every couple of days so your skin can't adjust to it! Still love this, just thought this would help!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I really wanted to like this powder, the coverage is great whether its dry or wet, I find applying it dry covers more. It gives a medium to full coverage. The lasting power is amazing if its used alone with no foundation under it. I have a really oily t zone with my nose being the oiliest.I have acne scars on my forehead, and it covers. And I only have to blot after 8 hours. If used with foundation I have to blot after the first 4 hours once. I feel as the day goes on it just slowly wears off. It also broke me out. This is why I will not be purchasing it again. But I did buy the loose powder hopefully it will work out for me.

This is an ok powder foundation. I have it in Cypress Beige. I took a lippie off because despite this being a pretty good powder foundation I think you're better off getting Maybelline's Dream Matte powder which is cheaper and has a smoother texture.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I picked this up at Sally's for about $9 as I wanted a powder foundation for a date. My liquids are kind of letting me down in this late summer weather, nothing wants to stay on my face and they all make me look greasy and awful within a couple hours (or minutes, depending on the humidity here in Chicago!). I ordered the one from Dior but it didn't ship in time so I scanned reviews and headed out to get one.

I got the shade 402 Cypress Beige. It is a neutral medium beige color with some pink in it and suits my NW30 skin perfectly. It goes on so smooth with my Kabuki brush and gives light to medium coverage when dry. I haven't tried it wet however. It really made my face look amazingly glowy and my skin like silk. It lasted almost all day in the 80 degree weather with only a couple touch up's needed. It never made me look older or my normal/dry skin look mask-like or flaky. It looks like natural, good skin.

I am really shocked at how wonderful this is and how relatively easy it is to get. Also the price is a steal. I recommend this highly and would definitely buy this again! Let's see if this one makes me return the one by Dior - I will definitely update!

UPDATE: Yes, this is definitely similar too - if not better than - the Dior powder foundation.

MY HG CHEAP POWDER FOUNDATION!!!

Pros: (I always apply this stuff wet)
-Covers well - I have small redness here and there and this stuff gives me a natural finish look. Matte too and I LOVE IT!
-Staying power is long! Primer your face and apply this stuff wet. It will last 5-6 hours. Touch up with blotting sheets once a day and I'm good for 12 hours.
-Bronze is a good color for my NC42 or MUFE Face & Body #34 skin.
-Touch up when it dry would provide a sheer oil absorbing coverage.
-Use with ELF flat top powder brush for flawless finish. That brush is like made for this powder foundation. It buffs into your skin really well.
-Cheap and good for on the go days.

Cons:
-I wish there were more yellow/warm undertones for this line. I think all of the shades are either pink or neutral. So it sort of washes out my face color. I have to use a really yellow light, very sheer milani pressed powder on top to put some life back into my face. If i'm not using that, i'd use bronzer.

I love this stuff!