Palladio Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Powder foundations are something of an oddity and for me they're either HG or DR (Death Rattle - go with me on this). There's no middle ground; it's one or t'other. My skin - never the most cooperative entity in the universe to start with - sometimes likes foundation and sometimes doesn't like foundation but instead prefers a powder which provides a touch of coverage.

(My skin also runs the gamut from extremely dry and flaky to oily and greedy but still very sensitive in about 5 seconds flat. Needless to say, we've had our "awkward" moments)

This was an impulse buy by (can I really use "buy by" in a sentence? That just seems so very wrong) my husband who had - bless him - tried to find the Physician's Formula thingy I'd added to the list, failed, and in desperation asked the closest human for advice.

She recommended this powder; she is clearly a Goddess of some sort because without even seeing me she knew what I needed.

The shade is "Ivory Myrrh" and, despite the completely nonsensical name (shockingly nonsensical), it's actually a very pretty light almost-beige shade. It seemed to be a teeny bit more yellow than I'd usually select, but in broad daylight it was actually very natural-looking. When you add a bit of bronzer to the mix your skin looks like it's glowing from the inside out.

Once again though, shades for darker ladies are completely missing and it loses a lippie for that.

In terms of coverage I'd call it medium. It doesn't layer too well, but if you start out with just a touch you can build it up a little bit without it becoming cement cake. Just a little bit.

It does last a decent amount of time too, even without a primer. It's really a handy little option if you want light to medium coverage.

(I can't really categorize this properly because it's neither HG or DR and that flummoxes me)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Makes your skin look worse than it did before! I really found nothing good in this foundation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is my favorite powder foundation but I also like to use it as a setting powder/a powder to wear over foundations/BB creams with lighter coverage. I am on the oilier side, especially in my t-zone, and this keep the oil at bay when I wear it. I don't find the finish very matte. It's very natural and skin-like. The packaging is wonderful, with a mirror and a separate compartment for a sponge. It's nice to travel with and to keep it your purse for touch-ups.

I did not give it a fifth lippie for two reasons: I found it confusing to figure out my shade (the names are really deceiving as well) and I don't think there are enough lighter shades. Also, the pan isn't very deep, so I hit pan on this after only a few weeks of continual use.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is my current favorite foundation. I use it dry, because using it wet seems to make my skin feel weird, like it can't breath as well. But since I have changed up my skin care routine and have started birth control, my skin is not as oily and I may need to start wearing it wet to avoid the flaky look. When I use it wet, it seems to use up more of the product, though, which makes me sad ): I like to conserve it as much as possible. I got this when I was mega-breaking out. It doesn't seem to irritate my skin much or cause break outs. I was getting pimples on my forehead and nose, which never happens, with the old foundation I was trying out. Then when I switched to this, those went away. So that's progress. My skin didn't really start healing until I began using Clean and Clear Deep Action Exfoliating Scrub, Stridex Maximum Strength Alcohol Free pads, and Tri-Sprintec, though. But like I said, this doesn't seem to irritate me and that in itself is something awesome. I am fair and use "laurel nude" (or something like that) and it's a terrific match. I have used "buff" in Revlon Colorstay, if that helps. I went through one package of this so far and am on my second one, so maybe I will stay with this for a while. What I do is I use a small, very densely packed make up brush, swirl it around on the powder, and then swirl it around over each individual acne scar on my face as well as on my under-eye circles. I do this to avoid putting make up on skin that doesn't need it, as I feel make up is very irritating for one's skin. Think about it, when did your skin start NEEDING to be covered up? After you got into wearing foundation a lot, I predict. Was your face very bad before you began using foundation a lot? Probably not. I realize there are exceptions to what I am proposing, but I know a lot of people that were that way and I know that I was. People who don't wear make up have phenomenal skin most of the time. Anyway, that's my routine. Hope it helps!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Having looked high and low for a good powder foundation (see all my past reviews) I *finally* *finally* found this little gem. My coloring is NC30/35 and Cypress Beige was an excellent match. While I don't think this would be a longer lasting powder (8-10 hrs), it has worked for me for the duration of 5-6 hours. I have very oily & fickle skin, and many oil-free and shine-free products that others rave about do nothing for me. I do wear a shine-controlling primer with sunscreen as a base for this, and it might be the reason why it has worked for me but not for other reviewers. I found the coverage to be very good, although shade selection is limited. You can't beat $10 for this, while higher end powder foundations sell for more than twice. This one's a keeper!

So let me start off with saying I have sensitive dry combo skin with a crazy oily t zone. Now with that out of the way I LOVE LOVE this foundation! It doesn't stick to the dry patches on my cheeks. It gives a matte but not flat finish. It gives your face a healthy glow (not dewy). If you use it dry it gives a light natural looking coverage. I really like using it on top of a BB cream then you get a medium coverage with a beautiful finish. I get so many compliments when I wear it like that with a little bronzer and blush. I haven't tried it wet and I don't really plan to. I like the finish when I wear it dry. I don't use the applicator it comes with I apply it with a kabuki brush. I can wear this all day at work and then go to the gym and when I clean my face with a cleansing cloth there is still product on there. I do have oil break through on my t zone about 6 hours after applying but there are no long lasting claims on this product. It also doesn't break my face out. I will definitely be buying this again and again in the future.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Running late for work? Errands to run, kids to look after, little time to spare on makeup but you still want to look put together" for the day? This product is your friend then! I've used this powder foundation over 1- plain moisturized face 2- a BB cream (I use Lorea'l), and it comes out beautiful. I've used it wet and dry but I prefer dry because it covers all that I need covered and it evens out my complexion to my satisfaction. You can apply it with the sponge that comes in the compact or with a foundation brush, either way it works great. This gem has saved the day for me when I'm in a hurry and barely have time to put my shoes on before locking the front door :) If you get the wrong shade no problem! take it back to Ulta or Sally's and they'll gladly exchange it for you. I no longer pay department store prices for powder foundation!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

First off, this powder foundation can be worn alone or as a finishing powder. If used as a finishing powder, you'll get some extra coverage, too! So onto my experience: I've been using the shade Neroli Bronze for my medium/tannish skin. It gives a matte finish that looks natural. The coverage if light. If you have very slight discoloration, it will even it out nicely, however it will not work for people with acne or acne marks, because of the sheer coverage.
You'll have to use a concealer under it for coverage and you can set it with this powder and it'll look absolutely gorgeous! But if you like more fuller coverage foundations, this is not the one for you. It is for people with fairly good skin.
For me, I use concealer for my dark circles and spot marks and then I put this on top and my skin looks gorgeous and even.
You can use it wet if you want more coverage, but I don't like the idea of putting a damp sponge into the powder and then dipping it back in if I need more. Not too sanitary.
It doesn't last very long though, and my skin tends to feel a little bit greasy after a while, even though I do NOT have oily skin. I'd give it 6 hours till it starts looking bad. I took off a lippie for those two cons.
But, overall, it's a good powder foundation and I'd recommend it to anyone who needs a cheap powder that they don't need to wear all day long :) OH, AND DON'T FORGET TO PRIME! ^_^

Pros:
-makes skin look even
-wakes up the skin
-the coverage is good for a powder

Cons:
-doesn't last long
-skin gets greasy after a few hours of wear.

I have been using this product for the last couple of weeks, and I cant even express to you how much I love it, but I am going to try. First, the price was a tad bit more than you would spend on a product from the drug store (I got this from Sallys beauty supplies) it was around $12.00, which was comparable and nothing to complain about, especially after you try it and find out how well it works. The actual compact itself and the packaging has both pros and cons. Someone meantiomed that its a bit bulky, which is true, its square and a bit thicker than other powders. I also wished the sold a refill for the little put of product, because it seems like such a waste to have to buy a new one everytime, however- i would also want a new sponge after using all the product, so you may as well just keep re-buying the whole thing. Obviously, you can use this product wet and dry, and the sponge it comes with is another reason why i love this product so much. Its extremely soft, and way more well made than any other compact sponge that i have used. It washes very well, it doesnt fall apart and it goes back to the same soft well made sponge whether you are using it wet OR dry. Another clever and genious thing about this compact is that it splits into two different sections- one for the makeup, one for the sponge... and on the very bottom, there are holes in the compact, so when you put your wet sponge back into place, it allows it to breathe and dry, without staying damp and accruing all kinds of bactiria. I loved that, because I had never seen it before, most compacts after you wash your sponge you have to leave it sit and dry before putting it back in its place. Five stars for that. Onto the actual product, its amazing. It only comes in four or five colors so I was lucku enough to havr an exact match to one of the colors and i dont have to mess with it too much. You can use it wet or dry, so durring the summer when you sweat (which i have already done) that makeup doesnt get gross, and cakey because its made to use either way. I love that! It goes on smoothe, it looks natural, i dont have to use a ton of the product to get the coverage I want, because its a medium coverage already. Honesly, I have gotten away without putting any concealer on, and just applying this on top of my primer because it covers so well. This is my go to from now on, and I will reccomend this product to anyone who wants to use multi-purpose make up... and I will re buy as soon as I am done, and even before then so I can make sure I dont run out... yes! i love it THAT much! <3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Add me to the list of people that LOVE this foundation! I got Laurel Nude for my NW20 skin. I have used MAC mineral foundation, Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse, Revlon ColorStay, Alima Pure and by far this is my favorite. I apply the foundation dry with my kabuki brush, and can get amazing coverage that way without looking too over the top (essential for my conservative workplace). I am sold on this!!

Changing my review to a 3. After wearing this for a while, I notice that it settles into my lines, and I don't like that! Will keep for weekend wear when I want a lighter foundation, or even just powder. But I am going back to my Alima foundation for the work week...