Palladio Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Straight

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Bought this because I needed a powder foundation for my oily skin. The lightest shade was too dark for me and I'm NC35! The packaging and sponge is ok, mirror should be bigger and square shaped like the shape of the compact. There should be sponge refills included for hygienic reasons. Sponge refills for all brands such as MAC shouldn't be so expensive. MAC charges $10 for 2 sponges. It should be a pack that will last until the makeup in the compact finishes. Speaking of MAC, MAC Studio fix powder is better though not the best powder foundation because it oxidizes and I become greasy and oily in less than an hour or so. That's my skin though so it might be better for someone else. As with this product. They need to make more shades and perhaps give more coverage because it didn't cover my discoloration and acne. All powder compacts should have better, bigger, clearer mirrors so you can see your face and apply the product perfectly and evenly and include sponge refills that last and apply the makeup beautifully and evenly and does not fall apart. MAC's Studio Fix Powder Sponge is a good example of a good sponge but could still be a little better and not be so expensive!

Love this foundation. It stays in place all day, and doesn't look too powdery when applied dry with a kabuki brush. I haven't used it wet. I use the shade Natural Clary.
I do wish that it came safety sealed. I was in Ulta, wanting to pick a new one up, and all of the boxes had been opened,and tested already. Gross!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

So last week I saw Makeup Alley come out with a Dupe List for high-end brands and this was compared to as a dupe for Lancome's Dual Finish. Since Lancome Dual Finish has been on my wishlist for months, I decided to read the reviews on the Palladio powder. Some of the reviews mentioned that the formula seems to have changed and the shading is a bit off and/or darker than the previously purchased versions. Keeping this in mind, I went to the closest Sally Beauty Supply store and found Cypress Beige which appeared to be a close match but based on reviews I knew it may show up darker. I had a feeling that the Laurel Nude might be a better match but I would start with Cypress. It turned out exactly as it was described, having a bit of an off-shade and if I had to describe it best, I would say that it is almost a bit of a muted beige having some slightly grey undertones. I can see how this would be off-putting to someone with warm tones but work for someone with neutral to cool tones. I decided to re-purpose it into a contouring powder and I am actually pleased with the results. Usually when I contour, shades tend to have a bit of a bronzey brownish-orange hue to them and if I wear blush with it, the combination of bronze and pink tends to give off a bit of an unnatural and overly done cheek. I decided to use Palladio's muted greyish tones to give off a more naturally shaded than made up appearance. For the most natural look, I apply the powder alone to the contour areas and this has become my everyday office look. For my heavier contoured looks, I apply my regular contour shades and then blend it out with this powder to soften it a bit and the lines become undetectable. The consistency of the powder itself is actually nice as it doesn't show up chalky on the skin and it's just the right amount of matte without being too matte. I tried it wet and it dries so fast that it went on streaky and didn't give me enough play time to blend it out. My face ended up looking dirty so I just stick to applying it dry. I'm going to try the Laurel Nude next and will follow-up with a review on that later.

**UPDATE JUNE 15, 2015: I bought the Laurel Nude over the weekend and tried it out. It's actually very nice and natural but it has some slightly pink tones that are not so bad but would look more amazing on pinkish/reddish skin tones. I don't think I would compare it to a high coverage powder foundation like Lancome Duo Mat (not that I have tried it) but I would actually closely compare it to being an almost bang-on dupe for the M.A.C. Mineralize Skin Finish. It doesn't go on heavy so it's a perfect finishing touch over foundation. It's actually great for going to the store to run an errand or going to the gym where you don't want to look made up but just enough coverage to look natural. It seems to cover just enough without looking like I'm wearing makeup. If only Palladio could come up with a yellow based shade this would be a perfect 10 for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was very excited about this powder foundation, because I love wearing powder makeup. After some good and some bad mineral foundations, I tried this. The first few minutes (dry application/powder brush) are weird with this, it is very chalky and obvious and awful. Give it five minutes and it soaks up natural oils and looks amazing. Nice evening of tone but light coverage. Loved this aspect.

However, this made me break out like CRAZY. I experimented on and off with this, and made sure I had super clean brushes, and still had just the most angry skin for the days following occasional usage. It's disappointing, because this is the finish and method I like, but this is causing way more problems than it can cover up.

***UPDATE 2015 May 6*** I've had to shelve this because it oxidizes when I use sunscreen. I don't know if this varies depending on the sunscreen, but this turns unsightly over the ones I've used: LaRoche-Posay, Lancome Gn-Shield Make-Up Base, and Coppertone Faces. Using a primer over the sunscreen before makeup application only delays the inevitable. After several mortifying incidents, I'm moving on.

[Original Review: 4 stars:
*HG* I love the convenience of a powder foundation. Sadly, mineral foundation is not for me; every brand I've tried magnifies my pores into full-on craters and looks caked on. I've had better luck with dual wet/dry formulas (used dry), but the ones I liked were rather inaccessible (from Korea) or just to pricey for the amount of product per package (Bobbi Brown).

The Palladio is a godsend in so many ways. It takes seconds to apply, evens out redness and mild discolorations, doesn't irritate my hypersensitive skin or clog my pores, and makes me look polished, not made-up. I use a kabuki brush to dust a small amount onto my face before using the included make-up sponge to press the powder into my skin. Then I use the sponge to pat on a little more onto areas that need more coverage. The finish is initially quite powdery, but after a while (15-30 mins, depending on humidity) the product seems to meld with the oils in my skin to produce a smooth, natural finish.

A few caveats:
1. Doesn't really do much in the way of oil control. I have always had really oily skin. Blotting frequently is just second nature, and I have yet to find a product that has made blotting unnecessary. I do have to say that this stands up well to oil and blotting -- meaning, the oil doesn't cause caking or unevenness in the overall finish. I use a sheet of kleenex then touch up if necessary--which is easy because the compact is portable, sturdy, and relatively compact.

2. I have several supersize pores on the sides of my nose, and when I put this on, the powder just seems to just sit around the edges without filling in/concealing. For me, it's usually sufficient to blend lightly with my fingers after about a half hour, and that's only if it occurs to me. Wet application may work for you, though I have never had much luck using dual/two-way cakes in wet form, and for me the beauty of this product is that it is so quick and low-maintenance. If I were as motivated as I used to be, I would probably use this with a good primer.

3. The biggest failing for me is the color selection. I fall somewhere in the NC25-NC30 range, Korean, yellow undertones. I've been using this for about two years in Cypress Beige, and while it's an ok match, this sometimes looks slightly pink. I switched to Everlasting Tan this summer and it's been a good match for my tan, but again, I wish it were more yellow-based.

4. I don't know if this is real or a fluke, but a few months ago I compared my near-empty pan of Cypress Beige to the new one I'd bought and the old one was significantly darker. Either this has a tendency to oxidize in the pan or this was a product inconsistency.

This costs 11-12 dollars, though I usually buy in twos at ulta when they have BOGO1/2 promotions. I think each one lasts me about 6-7 weeks. YMMV depending on how you use it. I _can_ say this lasts me significantly longer than the Bobbi Brown dual (illuminating something) for a fraction of the price.

This is my everyday foundation, for pretty but natural skin. When I need perfection, I still turn to my MUFE F&B, but seriously, I love not having to dirty my fingers putting on makeup every single day. ]

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Should've trusted my gut on this one. I thought I would experiment with using a cream to powder foundation, but it just didn't work out for me. I can see why so many people have written glowing reviews of this product -- it applies easily & smoothly, it doesn't cake, the packaging is fantastic, and the formula is lightweight and silky. But that's where the love stops for me. First, I couldn't really find a good shade (I'm fair/warm, NC20-25). I bought the Laurel Nude shade, but I was left with a darkish pinky-peachy cast all over my face. It also made my face itch (and I don't even have sensitive skin). Must be the talc? I ended up washing it all off because I couldn't stand it. Too bad for me -- I love the concept of this product and was hoping I could make the switch from using messy liquid foundation.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This review is for the "dry" aspects of this foundation because I haven't and probably won't use it wet. My Ulta doesn't carry Palladio products so I waited for the price to drop online, and yay finally it did ... Come to mama! The reviews for this have been great and now I can say I totally agree. My skin is NC20-25/Dior 021/Laura Mercier Powder No. 3 and I matched Laurel Nude. Compared to LM foundation powder (also a wet/dry formula): this is less creamy, a touch more translucent, and much more economical. The staying power is the same (a few good hours) and the coverage is definitely a solid medium. Also, the Palladio powder feels very lightweight, similar to Revlon's Nearly Naked powder (which is great for setting but not coverage.)

I brush this over Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer (Nude) and just on its own for mid-day/evening touchups. (It's VERY effective if I'm too shiny.) Usually if I carry powder in my purse I have to stuff a retractable kabuki in there too, but I was happy to find that the applicator that comes with this compact isn't bad at all. Love this.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

HG! Beautiful medium coverage, covers acne scars well. No need for concealer. I use it dry over boots beautifully matte makeup base and it not only lasts all day but looks just as amazing as when I first put it on. That has never happened with my old HG colorstay. The finish is so natural, no one can tell I have makeup on. Cypress beige is a great match for my NC 25 face. I've always used liquid foundation and am glad I switched to this great powder, it just looks so much better and it feels like I don't have anything on my face. And my pores look so much smaller! Woo!

This is my go-to powder! I absolutely love this, plus it is reasonably priced.

I prefer using wet/dry foundations because it saves me the hassle of using concealer because it provides good coverage. I avoid liquid foundations because they make my face look greasy after some time. Plus, I have slightly acidic Asian skin which tends to make anything I put on slightly darker after a few hours.

I used to buy Guerlain's Parure powder foundation and while that product is excellent, it is quite expensive. This product costs less than half and yet delivers pretty well. Coverage is pretty good. I touch up after lunch and it looks well until the evening. It also complements my skin tone well. I have this in the Cypress Beige shade.

My only gripe is that there are no refills!! I have had to purchase 3 compacts over time and think that I could save $$$ if they only had refills.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

After reading the positive raves about this powder, I finally gave it a try. Texture is silky smooth and actually creates an airbrush effect on the skin. Though the coverage is light to medium, it still covers most of the acne marks and the redness of my skin. It is also good in controlling the oiliness. I remember using a blotting paper only during my coffee break in the afternoon. My skin did not negatively react to the powder and still remain pimple-free. Overall, this powder is a cheap alternative to the expensive powders of well known brands and will definitely re-purchase.