Palladio Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Powder foundations are something of an oddity and for me they're either HG or DR (Death Rattle - go with me on this). There's no middle ground; it's one or t'other. My skin - never the most cooperative entity in the universe to start with - sometimes likes foundation and sometimes doesn't like foundation but instead prefers a powder which provides a touch of coverage.

(My skin also runs the gamut from extremely dry and flaky to oily and greedy but still very sensitive in about 5 seconds flat. Needless to say, we've had our "awkward" moments)

This was an impulse buy by (can I really use "buy by" in a sentence? That just seems so very wrong) my husband who had - bless him - tried to find the Physician's Formula thingy I'd added to the list, failed, and in desperation asked the closest human for advice.

She recommended this powder; she is clearly a Goddess of some sort because without even seeing me she knew what I needed.

The shade is "Ivory Myrrh" and, despite the completely nonsensical name (shockingly nonsensical), it's actually a very pretty light almost-beige shade. It seemed to be a teeny bit more yellow than I'd usually select, but in broad daylight it was actually very natural-looking. When you add a bit of bronzer to the mix your skin looks like it's glowing from the inside out.

Once again though, shades for darker ladies are completely missing and it loses a lippie for that.

In terms of coverage I'd call it medium. It doesn't layer too well, but if you start out with just a touch you can build it up a little bit without it becoming cement cake. Just a little bit.

It does last a decent amount of time too, even without a primer. It's really a handy little option if you want light to medium coverage.

(I can't really categorize this properly because it's neither HG or DR and that flummoxes me)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Makes your skin look worse than it did before! I really found nothing good in this foundation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is my favorite powder foundation but I also like to use it as a setting powder/a powder to wear over foundations/BB creams with lighter coverage. I am on the oilier side, especially in my t-zone, and this keep the oil at bay when I wear it. I don't find the finish very matte. It's very natural and skin-like. The packaging is wonderful, with a mirror and a separate compartment for a sponge. It's nice to travel with and to keep it your purse for touch-ups.

I did not give it a fifth lippie for two reasons: I found it confusing to figure out my shade (the names are really deceiving as well) and I don't think there are enough lighter shades. Also, the pan isn't very deep, so I hit pan on this after only a few weeks of continual use.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is my current favorite foundation. I use it dry, because using it wet seems to make my skin feel weird, like it can't breath as well. But since I have changed up my skin care routine and have started birth control, my skin is not as oily and I may need to start wearing it wet to avoid the flaky look. When I use it wet, it seems to use up more of the product, though, which makes me sad ): I like to conserve it as much as possible. I got this when I was mega-breaking out. It doesn't seem to irritate my skin much or cause break outs. I was getting pimples on my forehead and nose, which never happens, with the old foundation I was trying out. Then when I switched to this, those went away. So that's progress. My skin didn't really start healing until I began using Clean and Clear Deep Action Exfoliating Scrub, Stridex Maximum Strength Alcohol Free pads, and Tri-Sprintec, though. But like I said, this doesn't seem to irritate me and that in itself is something awesome. I am fair and use "laurel nude" (or something like that) and it's a terrific match. I have used "buff" in Revlon Colorstay, if that helps. I went through one package of this so far and am on my second one, so maybe I will stay with this for a while. What I do is I use a small, very densely packed make up brush, swirl it around on the powder, and then swirl it around over each individual acne scar on my face as well as on my under-eye circles. I do this to avoid putting make up on skin that doesn't need it, as I feel make up is very irritating for one's skin. Think about it, when did your skin start NEEDING to be covered up? After you got into wearing foundation a lot, I predict. Was your face very bad before you began using foundation a lot? Probably not. I realize there are exceptions to what I am proposing, but I know a lot of people that were that way and I know that I was. People who don't wear make up have phenomenal skin most of the time. Anyway, that's my routine. Hope it helps!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Excellent product. No irritation. Applied dry flawlessly, not powdery, adequate coverage but the lightest color "Laurel Nude" looked muddy on my fair, pink-cheeked NW20 skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Awesome product! Super-easy to apply, and coverage can be adjusted as necessary. If I have a "blemish", I dampen a corner of the sponge, dab it in the powder and apply to that spot, then blend. So for me, it's really a foundation/powder/concealer all in one. Oh, and it has never irritated my very sensitive (mild rosacea) skin. HG!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Add me to the list of people that LOVE this foundation! I got Laurel Nude for my NW20 skin. I have used MAC mineral foundation, Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse, Revlon ColorStay, Alima Pure and by far this is my favorite. I apply the foundation dry with my kabuki brush, and can get amazing coverage that way without looking too over the top (essential for my conservative workplace). I am sold on this!!

Changing my review to a 3. After wearing this for a while, I notice that it settles into my lines, and I don't like that! Will keep for weekend wear when I want a lighter foundation, or even just powder. But I am going back to my Alima foundation for the work week...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

The shades in this line are all pinky... too pinky for my pale olive skin. Other than that, I like the nice quality packaging and the option to purchase refills for less money than an entire compact. Talc is the first ingredient which scares me off a bit since that's been known to cause clogged pores for me in the past. Nice dupe for Lancome Dual Finish.

EDIT: the talc in this did in fact cause issues for my skin. It's no longer in my collection :(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Just bought this foundation. Best i've ever use. Easy to apply with sponge and doesn't cake at all. I'm an NC30 and bought the medium, which is a perfect shade. Give me a sheer - medium coverage. Good thing about this is the price. I bought it overseas and found its still resemble to aussie prices.

I really like the fact that this has no fragrance and has a very smooth texture--I haven't used it wet, just dry over primer or foundation (I've used the Palladio herbal foundation primer, Philosphy's the Present, Smashbox's SPF 15 primer, and others, and Tarte ReCreate Foundation in Porcelain), and it covers well on the initial pass of the sponge (about a medium coverage). My complaint, like others, is the shade variety...the lightest, Laurel Nude, is just a touch too dark for my liking, but when I use it as a powder alone without foundation underneath, it seems to blend in nicely. Like the coverage and minimizing of pores, has a velvety texture and doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything. I think this covers way better than MAC's Studio Fix (I'm NC15). I did have to touch up my t-zone midday (about 4-5 hours after applying), but I live in hot, humid South Florida, so I didn't expect otherwise. Like the case and the sponge, unlike others. Pleased and will likely repurchase and will try with a brush to see if that changes anything.