Palladio Beauty Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily

3.7

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

HG! Beautiful medium coverage, covers acne scars well. No need for concealer. I use it dry over boots beautifully matte makeup base and it not only lasts all day but looks just as amazing as when I first put it on. That has never happened with my old HG colorstay. The finish is so natural, no one can tell I have makeup on. Cypress beige is a great match for my NC 25 face. I've always used liquid foundation and am glad I switched to this great powder, it just looks so much better and it feels like I don't have anything on my face. And my pores look so much smaller! Woo!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

this powder makeup gives good coverage, my exact color is laurel nude. Not bad for $ 9.99.can be purchased at Sally beauty supply or Ulta.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product has been around for a long time. I have used it on and off since the year 2000. In comparison with MAC's Studio Fix, this has better quality and performs much better. I do not use it wet although using it wet is recommended for oily skin. I use this with L'Oreal primer and it stays on until I wash it off. This is a huge deal for my very oily skin because every thing pretty much melts on me. I am NC30 and I use Cypress Beige, which is 402. This matches my yelow undertone very well. I then use a bit of Everlasting Tan or 404 as a bronzer. The combination looks natural and flawless. I highly recommend this also for people with acne and skin problems. It is much better than all the mineral makeup in the market. It is truly one of the purest products that I have used. I bought this in Sally's Beauty Supply for about $10. You can also find it on line.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my HG foundation. Besides providing great medium-full coverage, I swear it makes my skin clearer. I have always had acne-prone, super-oily skin, but ever since I started using this I have not had one pimple or as much of an oily t-zone.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this foundation in WD404 (everlasting tan) and WD405 (Neroli Bronze).

I bought this powder foundation because my skin cannot take a liquid foundation during the summer (and barely during the winter) because it is so oily. I decided to try this because it states right on the front that it is oil free (many powder founds aren't) and because of the color choice. I have olive toned skin and many are too pink. There was a tester available and these two colors matched my skin so well. The lighter is great for when i'm not tan, and the darker is wonderful for now when I am tan.

I have only tried the dry application. I use the sponge for night or for areas where I need heavier coverage, and I use a large (kabuki) brush for day or on areas that need lighter coverage. The application was flawless and the sponge has a wonderful soft texture. However, one came with a different textured sponge which I did not like so I am not sure which is newer. This powder kept my skin pretty shine free (and that is a big improvement for my oil slick skin-nothing could make it totally shine free all day).

Ingredients:Talc, Mica, Rice starch, nylon 12, magnesium stearate, boron nitride, lauroyl lysine, octyl palmitate, squalane, zinc oxide, dimethicone, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, octylmethoxycinnamate, yeast extract, lactic acid and citric acid and malic acid and green tea extract, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylpareben, ascorbyl palmitate. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, chromium oxide greens, ultramarines. continued >>

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is awsome powder/foundation. The colors are pink based but stable and don't change. I am very OILY especially in the morning but I did not have to blot until after lunch and even then I was still pretty matte. I wanted this to be my HG but because I'm yellow/olive toned I'll just use the Rice Powder in Natural until they come up with other colors. FYI, Palladio is also The Rice Powder Company who makes the same wet/dry and per customer service the RPC version is for oilier skins so if you can wear these colors but need more oil control try the other version. Is $12 plus ship @http:/www.palladiobeauty.com
Good Luck!!

UPDATE 7/27/04 This is my HG! Am so pleased as it has replaced my concealer and MAC SF... The pot is smaller (1/2) of MAC and softer in texture so it gets picked up easier on the sponge but looks GREAT and is healthier for your skin. Oilies are almost NIL which is hard to do on me. Am LOVING this!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I tried this compact foundation because of the rave reviews.

The reviews are right... this is an excellent foundation. As the instruction say, you can use it dry for light coverage or wet for full coverage. It feels very light on.

I gave it a 5 rating. Their lightest shade is Laurel Nude (400) and it eventually gives my face a pinkish tint. So, it's a great foundation and if they ever came out with a foundation with a yellow base... I would get it in a heartbeat. Just doesn't work for me right now.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Oooh, this stuff is so silky. It goes on great and you decide how much coverage you want. It also controled some of my oilies. The price isn't dirt cheap but it's inexpensive. Rave!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

So last week I saw Makeup Alley come out with a Dupe List for high-end brands and this was compared to as a dupe for Lancome's Dual Finish. Since Lancome Dual Finish has been on my wishlist for months, I decided to read the reviews on the Palladio powder. Some of the reviews mentioned that the formula seems to have changed and the shading is a bit off and/or darker than the previously purchased versions. Keeping this in mind, I went to the closest Sally Beauty Supply store and found Cypress Beige which appeared to be a close match but based on reviews I knew it may show up darker. I had a feeling that the Laurel Nude might be a better match but I would start with Cypress. It turned out exactly as it was described, having a bit of an off-shade and if I had to describe it best, I would say that it is almost a bit of a muted beige having some slightly grey undertones. I can see how this would be off-putting to someone with warm tones but work for someone with neutral to cool tones. I decided to re-purpose it into a contouring powder and I am actually pleased with the results. Usually when I contour, shades tend to have a bit of a bronzey brownish-orange hue to them and if I wear blush with it, the combination of bronze and pink tends to give off a bit of an unnatural and overly done cheek. I decided to use Palladio's muted greyish tones to give off a more naturally shaded than made up appearance. For the most natural look, I apply the powder alone to the contour areas and this has become my everyday office look. For my heavier contoured looks, I apply my regular contour shades and then blend it out with this powder to soften it a bit and the lines become undetectable. The consistency of the powder itself is actually nice as it doesn't show up chalky on the skin and it's just the right amount of matte without being too matte. I tried it wet and it dries so fast that it went on streaky and didn't give me enough play time to blend it out. My face ended up looking dirty so I just stick to applying it dry. I'm going to try the Laurel Nude next and will follow-up with a review on that later.

**UPDATE JUNE 15, 2015: I bought the Laurel Nude over the weekend and tried it out. It's actually very nice and natural but it has some slightly pink tones that are not so bad but would look more amazing on pinkish/reddish skin tones. I don't think I would compare it to a high coverage powder foundation like Lancome Duo Mat (not that I have tried it) but I would actually closely compare it to being an almost bang-on dupe for the M.A.C. Mineralize Skin Finish. It doesn't go on heavy so it's a perfect finishing touch over foundation. It's actually great for going to the store to run an errand or going to the gym where you don't want to look made up but just enough coverage to look natural. It seems to cover just enough without looking like I'm wearing makeup. If only Palladio could come up with a yellow based shade this would be a perfect 10 for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral

I've tried quite a few foundation powders out there, from drugstore to lux brands. I decided to give this one a try after seeing the lovely reviews about this product. I dropped by at my local Sally Beauty Supply and found it there, although the color that I was looking for (Everlasting Tan) was sold out -.- I ended up going with 'Neroli Bronze' which was one shade darker. I tried it both wet and dry format and it seemed a little bit dark =/ So I ended up going back to Sally's and exchanged it since they had 'Everlasting Tan' finally. The coverage was amazing both wet and dry. I use it with 'Philosophy's The Present' primer, buff it on with a kabuki brush, then take my beauty blender and wet it with water then seal it with the dampness. The finish is amazing! Lasts all day too! I didn't have to touch up as much either! Only complaint is the color range, not that many choices for all you ladies out there. It was a tiny bit lighter on my but I just slap on my bronzer and i'm good to go for the day! Love it!