Palladio Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily

3.7

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Bought this because I needed a powder foundation for my oily skin. The lightest shade was too dark for me and I'm NC35! The packaging and sponge is ok, mirror should be bigger and square shaped like the shape of the compact. There should be sponge refills included for hygienic reasons. Sponge refills for all brands such as MAC shouldn't be so expensive. MAC charges $10 for 2 sponges. It should be a pack that will last until the makeup in the compact finishes. Speaking of MAC, MAC Studio fix powder is better though not the best powder foundation because it oxidizes and I become greasy and oily in less than an hour or so. That's my skin though so it might be better for someone else. As with this product. They need to make more shades and perhaps give more coverage because it didn't cover my discoloration and acne. All powder compacts should have better, bigger, clearer mirrors so you can see your face and apply the product perfectly and evenly and include sponge refills that last and apply the makeup beautifully and evenly and does not fall apart. MAC's Studio Fix Powder Sponge is a good example of a good sponge but could still be a little better and not be so expensive!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

So last week I saw Makeup Alley come out with a Dupe List for high-end brands and this was compared to as a dupe for Lancome's Dual Finish. Since Lancome Dual Finish has been on my wishlist for months, I decided to read the reviews on the Palladio powder. Some of the reviews mentioned that the formula seems to have changed and the shading is a bit off and/or darker than the previously purchased versions. Keeping this in mind, I went to the closest Sally Beauty Supply store and found Cypress Beige which appeared to be a close match but based on reviews I knew it may show up darker. I had a feeling that the Laurel Nude might be a better match but I would start with Cypress. It turned out exactly as it was described, having a bit of an off-shade and if I had to describe it best, I would say that it is almost a bit of a muted beige having some slightly grey undertones. I can see how this would be off-putting to someone with warm tones but work for someone with neutral to cool tones. I decided to re-purpose it into a contouring powder and I am actually pleased with the results. Usually when I contour, shades tend to have a bit of a bronzey brownish-orange hue to them and if I wear blush with it, the combination of bronze and pink tends to give off a bit of an unnatural and overly done cheek. I decided to use Palladio's muted greyish tones to give off a more naturally shaded than made up appearance. For the most natural look, I apply the powder alone to the contour areas and this has become my everyday office look. For my heavier contoured looks, I apply my regular contour shades and then blend it out with this powder to soften it a bit and the lines become undetectable. The consistency of the powder itself is actually nice as it doesn't show up chalky on the skin and it's just the right amount of matte without being too matte. I tried it wet and it dries so fast that it went on streaky and didn't give me enough play time to blend it out. My face ended up looking dirty so I just stick to applying it dry. I'm going to try the Laurel Nude next and will follow-up with a review on that later.

**UPDATE JUNE 15, 2015: I bought the Laurel Nude over the weekend and tried it out. It's actually very nice and natural but it has some slightly pink tones that are not so bad but would look more amazing on pinkish/reddish skin tones. I don't think I would compare it to a high coverage powder foundation like Lancome Duo Mat (not that I have tried it) but I would actually closely compare it to being an almost bang-on dupe for the M.A.C. Mineralize Skin Finish. It doesn't go on heavy so it's a perfect finishing touch over foundation. It's actually great for going to the store to run an errand or going to the gym where you don't want to look made up but just enough coverage to look natural. It seems to cover just enough without looking like I'm wearing makeup. If only Palladio could come up with a yellow based shade this would be a perfect 10 for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I just got this today and I'm pretty excited about it. I'm trying to find a replacement for my beloved Maybelline Dream Matte powder and I think this may be a hit. It blurs all my imperfections and makes me look flawless! I'm not sure it holds up well against my extremely oily skin but when I get oily with this powder, it only looks like my natural skin but better. This has beautiful, natural looking, almost completely matte coverage and finish. So far, I'm loving this and the loose powder version.
EDIT- This isn't my shade and there isn't one to match my skin tone. Also, this doesn't control my oils well.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I was hoping I would like this foundation but I just couldn't make it work for me.
Pros: not cakey, easy to apply, really nice packaging
Cons: It's pretty expensive, it doesnt control oil, it melts off my face easily (because of my oil), the coverage isnt too great, the lightest color looked orange on me, and it oxidized. Whew, I sure sound like a Debbie Downer!

I can see this working a heck of a lot better for ladies with more normal skin, but for me with my oil slick of a face it just didnt work. Ive only ever worn it dry so i might try applying it wet and update. But for now I'm sticking with my Maybelline Purestay!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

HG! Beautiful medium coverage, covers acne scars well. No need for concealer. I use it dry over boots beautifully matte makeup base and it not only lasts all day but looks just as amazing as when I first put it on. That has never happened with my old HG colorstay. The finish is so natural, no one can tell I have makeup on. Cypress beige is a great match for my NC 25 face. I've always used liquid foundation and am glad I switched to this great powder, it just looks so much better and it feels like I don't have anything on my face. And my pores look so much smaller! Woo!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The color selection is horrible. I'm pretty pale and the lightest shade is orangey-pinkish. It looks like I'm wearing powder and doesn't cover that well. It looks very un natural. I wouldn't buy again.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral

I've tried quite a few foundation powders out there, from drugstore to lux brands. I decided to give this one a try after seeing the lovely reviews about this product. I dropped by at my local Sally Beauty Supply and found it there, although the color that I was looking for (Everlasting Tan) was sold out -.- I ended up going with 'Neroli Bronze' which was one shade darker. I tried it both wet and dry format and it seemed a little bit dark =/ So I ended up going back to Sally's and exchanged it since they had 'Everlasting Tan' finally. The coverage was amazing both wet and dry. I use it with 'Philosophy's The Present' primer, buff it on with a kabuki brush, then take my beauty blender and wet it with water then seal it with the dampness. The finish is amazing! Lasts all day too! I didn't have to touch up as much either! Only complaint is the color range, not that many choices for all you ladies out there. It was a tiny bit lighter on my but I just slap on my bronzer and i'm good to go for the day! Love it!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm impressed. I haven't used a powder foundation in years, and I've never used a wet/dry one. I read reviews online before purchasing, and I figured I wouldn't have much luck with it, like I don't seem to have much luck with ANY foundation these days. I went to Sally's, picked a few things up - including this - and I used it the next day.

I apply it wet, and have never tried applying it dry (so I can't comment on that). The coverage is pretty damn good, and I'm a real stickler for that. This covers as well as or better than my usual go-to heavy coverage foundation: Simply Ageless. I don't need to use concealer anywhere but under my eyes. Keep in mind, though, if you have a huge, red, and inflamed zit... this isn't going to cover it completely. The oil control is meh, hence the 4 not the 5, but I just blot as usual and it's fine. I use the sponge it comes with and haven't had a problem yet. The compartment where the sponge is held is ventilated, so the sponge is always dry the next time I go to use it.

Finding your match (especially if you're not usually on either end of most foundation lines) will probably be a little difficult, since you have no way of seeing the actual color of the foundation until you have it out of the box and opened. They have colors on the boxes, but they are hardly helpful. I am usually within the lightest 2 shades in any given foundation, so I picked the lightest one (laurel nude) and it matches quite well.

I will absolutely repurchase when I run out. I haven't been this impressed by a foundation in years, and I will never spend $20 on a foundation AGAIN!

Edit***

I just applied it dry for the first time, and it has the exact same coverage (maybe even more!!) than applying it wet. Yay! Next up I'll try applying it with a brush... dun dun dun.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really liked this at first because i thought it really helped with my oily skin, but after almost two months, it doesn't seem as good as it was. I thought it was a really good price but then i realized its like $10 for only .28 OZ. Youre better of getting the department store brand powders because they end up costing alot less and are better quality.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

this powder makeup gives good coverage, my exact color is laurel nude. Not bad for $ 9.99.can be purchased at Sally beauty supply or Ulta.