Palladio Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Oily

4.1

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Having looked high and low for a good powder foundation (see all my past reviews) I *finally* *finally* found this little gem. My coloring is NC30/35 and Cypress Beige was an excellent match. While I don't think this would be a longer lasting powder (8-10 hrs), it has worked for me for the duration of 5-6 hours. I have very oily & fickle skin, and many oil-free and shine-free products that others rave about do nothing for me. I do wear a shine-controlling primer with sunscreen as a base for this, and it might be the reason why it has worked for me but not for other reviewers. I found the coverage to be very good, although shade selection is limited. You can't beat $10 for this, while higher end powder foundations sell for more than twice. This one's a keeper!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This review is for the "dry" aspects of this foundation because I haven't and probably won't use it wet. My Ulta doesn't carry Palladio products so I waited for the price to drop online, and yay finally it did ... Come to mama! The reviews for this have been great and now I can say I totally agree. My skin is NC20-25/Dior 021/Laura Mercier Powder No. 3 and I matched Laurel Nude. Compared to LM foundation powder (also a wet/dry formula): this is less creamy, a touch more translucent, and much more economical. The staying power is the same (a few good hours) and the coverage is definitely a solid medium. Also, the Palladio powder feels very lightweight, similar to Revlon's Nearly Naked powder (which is great for setting but not coverage.)

I brush this over Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer (Nude) and just on its own for mid-day/evening touchups. (It's VERY effective if I'm too shiny.) Usually if I carry powder in my purse I have to stuff a retractable kabuki in there too, but I was happy to find that the applicator that comes with this compact isn't bad at all. Love this.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I've only worn this once, but WOW! Excellent coverage for a powder foundation. I only used concealer under my eyes & this powder & my skin looked flawless. It lasted a long time too. I had some oil break through after a few hours but that always happens to me. I have an olive complexion & was happy with the color selection, it didn't look grey/muddy on my skin. I will definitely repurchase!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

PROS:
-excellent, excellent, excellent oil control. Powders are always recommended to me for my oily skin but I honestly don't see most of them working much better than liquid foundations. Now this stuff is GOOD + long lasting
-Lightweight texture, doesn't look gross and cakey/heavy
-Can use wet or dry, I use dry to set my foundations and wet to wear on own. Looks AWESOME when applied wet and you get way more coverage
-Packing is cute with separate part for the poof poof. Yes i called it a poof poof.

CONS:
-color range is not the best, doesn't really cater to golden undertones, all in all will most likely repurchase!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

If you are considering a foundation, contour, bronzer, or concealer this is worth a look.
This is lightweight , but can be made darker if you wet the sponge before applying. The sponge itself is soft, and has rounded angles making it an okay option for applying the powder. There are a wide variety of shades that can cover almost all skin tones except very dark. Upon application the area looks shadowed and natural.
To my knowledge most of the ingredients were pretty beneficial and consisted mostly of anti-inflammatory, and sunscreen.
The one problem with it is the texture can feel grainy at times.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE LOVE LOVEEEE this powder! I get compliments on my skin tone every time I wear this. I'm an NC25 and I picked this up in cypress beige which is a good match for me and it has awesome coverage. I prefer to use it dry as I don't really like the look of full coverage foundations. It's quite matte and practically glides on. I use this over my Too Faced Primed and Poreless and my skin looks amazing. Definitely great at evening out skin tone in no time. Oil control is good and it doesn't oxidize. I got this for $7.50 (employee discount) at ulta and it was worth every penny. I haven't even hit pan yet. A little goes a long way as long as it's used with a brush and not a sponge but that's obvious.

I will def repurchase this! :D

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I tried this looking for something similar to Aveda's wet/dry powder. I've used it for about 3 days now & I love it! It really controls oil, I barely have to blot or reapply throughout the day. The price is much better than the Aveda powder. I chose Laurel Nude & it is just about perfect. I still have to use a separate concealer under my eyes but even with that I get almost no creasing or settling into the fine lines. Best powder I've ever used!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I really wanted to like this powder, the coverage is great whether its dry or wet, I find applying it dry covers more. It gives a medium to full coverage. The lasting power is amazing if its used alone with no foundation under it. I have a really oily t zone with my nose being the oiliest.I have acne scars on my forehead, and it covers. And I only have to blot after 8 hours. If used with foundation I have to blot after the first 4 hours once. I feel as the day goes on it just slowly wears off. It also broke me out. This is why I will not be purchasing it again. But I did buy the loose powder hopefully it will work out for me.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have really oily skin so i usually dont go for liquid or cream foundations, i bought this foundation in bronze wd405 which matched my skin great, though in the winter time i would probably have to get a lighter shade. The foundation went on smooth and the sponge it came with was pretty soft, it covers well and hides the shine on my face and even when i sweat alot, most of it stays on which is great considering that its summertime, it doesn't irritate my skin or make me breakout, palladio sells alot of great products including their rice powder which is great for going over foundation, so i wasn't suprised when this powder foundation worked for me, its about 10 dollars in a beauty supply store and the store i bought it at had testers, i would still google to see if you can catch a sale online or in certain drugstores. Overall its a great product!

UPDATE: had to buy a darker shade, for some reason after two weeks the shade seemed really light on me had to go one darker.

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I just may be on the something here. I do not think it is quite HG, but for the price it is far ahead of the pack.

In the past for foundation I have tried various medium and full coverage cream and liquids and I always feel like I have on makeup and every few hours it looks like its melting and fading and I'm worried it will rub on my clothes. It is a nightmare so I usually do not bother. What I want is basically MFBB and my previous experiences with foundation have pretty much left my face with this kinda "new me" look. My original color is gone, and I feel totally made up. Not ugly, just a little weird for me when I just want to look natural most of the time.

What I find with this Palladio is a nice, matte finish that allows my natural color to show through. It is buildable coverage and I have built it up to somewhere between light and medium using the wet technique. It takes a great deal of reapplication to get to medium, but I don't mind because it does not look mask-like. My acne scars get camouflaged, not completely hidden, but I still look my true skin color which I love. I am knocking off a lippie for a lack of color selection and very slight ashiness that goes away after a few minutes. If they had a few more, warmer color options on the dark side I would be better off. But I do like how this feels on my face. Basically I cannot feel it on my face and applying it wet leaves a nice cooling sensation.

I will come back with an update on how it lasts, but so far it has lasted everywhere, except my uncontrollably oily nose. It is now 11am and I applied at 7am. Generally by this time, my cream mouse foundation + primer + setting spray has started to kinda separate and settle into my large pores. But with this Palladio stuff I still look matte and, dare I say, airbrushed??

UPDATE+++++so excited to see you can order online from palladiobeauty.com where they have more colors including a color called toasted almond that looks warmer and better for me so I will be ordering soon and providing updated review UPDATE+++++so I ordered from Palladiobeauty.com where it says to expect 7 to 14 business days for delivery, BUT I just got an email and my order has already shipped...yea!!...the toasted almond color looks muddy when applied wet...ick! However the toasted almond color looks the same as dark mocha when applied dry

UPDATE++++215pm and still matte...only 1 dry touchup all day so far...i'm loving it!.....so this pretty much holds up to an 8 hour day with minimal touch up needed on combo skin...of course it was no match for my oiliest part, my nose.

This is a keeper to use on top of my liquid or cream. When applied heavier than medium it looks dreadfully ashy and mask-like so I will only use it for blotting and setting.