Palladio Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have pretty much the worst skin ever. Very acne-prone and extremely sensitive, so most foundations either break me out or give me a rash, which is no fun. This foundation is a godsend for me. It isn't full coverage but it evens out my redness and camouflages my breakouts while still letting my skin breathe. I've been using for 3 months now and I've completely thrown away ever other foundation I've tried. I go through it very quickly and am on my second compact in 3 months, but for $6, that isn't a problem at all. My only problem with it is the sponge, which can get really gross and germy fast, and is ineffective. I use a powder foundation brush instead and just flat out throw away the sponge.

Oh My God I love this product. I have acne prone combo skin, oily when it's hot and dry when it's cold. I use this with Cerave PM moisturizer (Put a small amount on a small area of powder and use a foundation brush, not the pad mainly just because it's dirty). I've tried tens of foundations in search of the one that won't make me break out and this is the one. I don't wear foundation everyday, usually just when breaking out badly or when I go out at night. THis doesn't make me break out at all (but maybe if i used it daily it might), it keeps me shine free AND moisturized (use with lotion.. not water if you're dry) and my skin looks beautiful! Matte, not really glowing. Coverage is medium, and alterable. It can go on heavy or light depending on your preference. At first it doesn't look great, but after it sets for ten or fifteen minutes it looks AMAZING for me. HG product!

I've never written a review before but this is the best foundation I've ever used! It covers all of my blemishes and yet it still looks natural. It also controls my oil throughout the entire day. My favorite part is how quickly is takes to apply!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

After reading the positive raves about this powder, I finally gave it a try. Texture is silky smooth and actually creates an airbrush effect on the skin. Though the coverage is light to medium, it still covers most of the acne marks and the redness of my skin. It is also good in controlling the oiliness. I remember using a blotting paper only during my coffee break in the afternoon. My skin did not negatively react to the powder and still remain pimple-free. Overall, this powder is a cheap alternative to the expensive powders of well known brands and will definitely re-purchase.

I have barely used this product, but it looks wonderful so far. The main reason I'm writing this review now, so early in the product's initiation into my routine, is the exceptionally misleading reviews below.

Two MUAers have commented that the size of this powder foundation is smaller than most, and imply that either Palladio or Sally's is trying to pull one over on you.'

lol. No, those reviewers are doing bad math. I think they are comparing grams and ounces, but I'm not 100%

Philosophy Supernatural is .33 oz, Maybelline Minerals are .28 oz, AHAVA minerals are .30 oz, etc., etc.

All compare in size to Palladio's .28 oz. Let the purveyors of bad math and crushers of drugstore makeup dreams be silenced.

Onward my beauties, onward.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a really good wet/dry foundation. I am in between NC15-NC20 MAC, I got Lauren Nude 400 and it works perfect! Most dual powder foundations don't work this well! The surface of the powder never hardens when you use a damp sponge on it repeatedly, which is my first kudos. You get as much coverage applying this dry as you do when applying wet, so it's pretty impressive. I find the staying power, is obviously better when applying wet. It feels masky for a split second when applied damp, but this dries to a soft powdery, lightweight finish. When you apply this damp it appears a bit orange or pink for a few seconds, but it dries down so soft and blends into my neckline. This is full coverage, and looks great in natural lighting, & photos. Much better then the previous dual powder foundation I used in the past (Lancome) at a fraction of the price, without the stinky rose smell. This keeps me pretty matte all day, doesn't look cakey, doesn't have any weird smell. I have combo/oily /acne prone skin, my mom has normal/dry skin and we both can wear it with positive results. I did notice a few pimples in areas I normally don't get with this foundation, but it could be because I used the same sponge for 2 weeks without washing. I ordered this online from sallys, it was packed well, and cost like $8. I am so happy with the results, this is my first "natural rice" foundation as the compact says. Laurel Nude is a very flattering shade! In person, the boxes trick you with the powder's color. They have generic stickers that represents each color, and 3 boxes of the same color could have 3 very different undertones/colors on the sticker swatch. Don't go by the sticker, open up the box or get mua color recs. A must try. I don't even wear under eye concealer when I use this powder dry or wet. Full coverage for under $10 is a steal! 1 step product right here, and I love it!

I really began to have doubts about this foundation when I applied it with the dampened sponge, the shade looked way too dark, but in about 5 minutes it miraculously matched my skin tone. I was looking for something to replace my Hello Flawless by Benefit, because its stupid expensive. This fit the bill, since I have oily skin and some dryness when I occasionally have a pimple or scar. Moisturize and prime before using this and you should get decent results. Coverage is pretty good, and you can build up the layers in areas. I used to use loreal liquid infallible and revlon colorstay, but I think the powder foundations look much more natural and dont melt. Find it at Ulta/ Sally for $10

UPDATE:: I also wanted to say that this passed the kissing test, my nose is usually the first place where it rubs off, but this stuff stayed on VERY well, the natural look is soooo much nicer than liquid foundations. I really dont know why I ever used anything but this! This is one of those products that anyone with oily skin SHOULD have. It really looks flawless like you arent wearing anything at all. BUY IT BUY IT you will not regret it if you are fed up with liquid foundation and have oily skin and need coverage

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Palladio Wet/Dry is the only face product I've tried that has been able to cover my acne's redness. I can still see the bumps (under the skin...ugh!), but they're finally the same color as the rest of my face instead of still peeking out pink-red or ashy gray-purple. I use this powder dry, over a primer, and acne stays covered for the day. This doesn't control oil for me, so I touch up sometimes. I've tried it wet and feel that the finish is too done-up for day wear, but I like it under my eyes as a makeshift concealer. I'm about NW20 and use Laurel Nude. I'll repurchase this again and again.

Great powder foundation that lasts all day. I don't need a lot of coverage but this does a nice job of evening out my skin tone and doesn't break me out. I have it in everlasting tan and beige and love both colors. One for summer and one for winter.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

I purchased this product in WD407-Rich Mocha, I think it's a shade too light. I tried Merle Norman's Luxuvia Powder Foundation and really liked it, but the MUA reviews on this one was so good that I chose to go out and purchase it. The coverage is buildable, I've just applied it to my face(half wet & half dry). I have combo/oily(tzone), so I'm going to wear it for a few hours to see if it will settle & look closer to my complexion. I think it would wear well over my Revlon Colorstay Foundation in Cappucino, sometimes the red undertones can be a bit too much, so this would likely do well to tone that down. The finish is very nice & it wears lightly.