Palladio Beauty Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Normal

3.8

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Love this foundation. I use it dry and have not used it wet but will definitely give it a try soon. This foundation is dirt cheap yet work wonderfully. Evens skin tone, does not cake and gives a natural airbrush look. Can look powdery depending on your tools so BE CAREFUL. If you use a brush that is not stiff enough, then it just sits on skin. However, with the right brush (I use bareminerals flawless application face brush) you will be in love.

It only comes in 6 shades but the beige one is perfect for my skin tone. If you can find a match, get this product!

This product is absolutely amazing!! I recently picked this up at sallys beauty supply for around 9 dollars. I apply with my elf powder brush and I have applied this wet and dry. I love the coverage for my Nc 25-30 skin color I use Cypress beige. It matches my skin tone perfectly and the coverage is amazing. My skin feels and looks flawless, I keep finding myself staring in the mirror, my skin has never looked better. I have used mac studio fix and recommend this product over the mac one. I love it. Definitely worth a try, you won't regret it!

Okay, I recently wrote a review praising MAC Studio Tech. The only issue I had with it was that even though it initially felt smooth, it didn't leave my skin with that silky to the touch feel that powder foundations do. After a few hours, it would feel tacky. It never seemed to get to that "powder" stage of "cream to powder".

After reading raves here for Palladio, I picked some up at Sally's. I apply this damp and it works amazingly well. I'm 54 with skin that's on the dry side but not flakey dry. I load a kabuki type brush with the powder and then mist it with water (aquafina hydrating mist) then buff on. There's not enough water to make it streaky so this method works really well. I don't have much to cover aside from some age related discoloration and slight redness due to being dry but this really covers well.

Bare Escentuals and other powder foundations I've tried (BE, Merle Norman, Prescriptives to name a few) always end up looking dry on me. A huge plus was that I came home from the gym after dripping sweat and it was still on. I'm a NW20 in MAC in the winter. Right now with a tan Ivory Myrhh is a good match for me although I'm sure I'll have to go to Laurel Nude when my tan fades.

If you have this and haven't had luck using it "wet", try this method instead of the sponge and actually applying anything wet to the cake itself. It's a barely damp method I guess.... :o)

The MAC is going back...this is 1/3 the price and feels like silk to the touch.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I picked this up at Sally's for about $9 as I wanted a powder foundation for a date. My liquids are kind of letting me down in this late summer weather, nothing wants to stay on my face and they all make me look greasy and awful within a couple hours (or minutes, depending on the humidity here in Chicago!). I ordered the one from Dior but it didn't ship in time so I scanned reviews and headed out to get one.

I got the shade 402 Cypress Beige. It is a neutral medium beige color with some pink in it and suits my NW30 skin perfectly. It goes on so smooth with my Kabuki brush and gives light to medium coverage when dry. I haven't tried it wet however. It really made my face look amazingly glowy and my skin like silk. It lasted almost all day in the 80 degree weather with only a couple touch up's needed. It never made me look older or my normal/dry skin look mask-like or flaky. It looks like natural, good skin.

I am really shocked at how wonderful this is and how relatively easy it is to get. Also the price is a steal. I recommend this highly and would definitely buy this again! Let's see if this one makes me return the one by Dior - I will definitely update!

UPDATE: Yes, this is definitely similar too - if not better than - the Dior powder foundation.

First I want to start off by talking about the packaging. I both love it and hate it. I love that there's a breathable spot for the sponge (the vents are good for if you use this product wet, that way the sponge won't get all icky or moldy in it's container) And I think visually, it looks really nice. It's sleak, simple, and classy.

But what I hate about it is that the sponge area is massive yet the part of it that holds the product is incredibly skinny. So you look at it and think "darn, that's not a lot of product." But maybe it's just deceptive. I don't know that yet but maybe I'll come back and update when i've hit pan... just to post how long the product actually lasted in comparison to how it looks... which is like there's just not much there.

Anyway, as for the product itself, I think it's a little expensive for a cheap Sally Beauty Supply/Ulta brand but in the end, it's totally worth it.

Before this, I either used a loose mineral foundation or a liquid foundation. Good loose mineral makeup is expensive but looks amazing and is insanely easy to apply... when you can actually find the right shade. I started feeling so guilty about my poor Ulta because I kept buying all these BE loose minerals or Maybelline loose minerals and returning them. For some reason a product would look great in the store and then I'd get home and.... not so much.

Anyway, then I tried liquid foundation. I LOVE the Revlon Photoready stuff and the dewy look it gives my skin... but it also looked slightly cakey and was just too much darn work to apply.

Soooo that's where my first pressed powder comes into play. I did a lot of research and read many reviews here at MUA and decided to go with the Palladio powder. I am so happy I did.

I don't even need to use it wet. I apply it while it's dry and the result is amazing. I hardly even recognize myself in the mirror... in a good way. It gives me an airbrushed porcelain doll kind of look which I was completely not expecting. I wear this, and a good liquid eye liner and maybe some red lip product and holy cow, is that Audrey Hepburn I see in the mirror?

And what's even more amazing, is that I wear this without any primer and it lasts forever on it's own PLUS it holds whatever blush or bronzer I'm wearing all day too. And the truly miraculous part... the longer i wear it throughout the day, the better my skin looks. It doesn't even make any sense!

So I highly recomment this product. I have it in the lightest shade now but as I get more tan this summer, will probably need a different one soon. The fact that there isn't a huge shade selection may be a turn off, but give it a shot anyway because it blends sooooo well. I didn't think the shade I got would look right on me at all but once i get it on my face, it could not be more perfect.

If you're interested in this, i say go to Ulta and give it a shot. I LOVE it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Merle Norman's Luxiva Lasting Foundation has always been the HG foundation for my ultra-oily, acne-prone skin. Unfortunately, it carries a hefty price tag and has become more than my budget can handle, so I trolled the MUA boards in search of a cheaper alternative.

I am delighted to have found this incredible product. I purchased it in Laurel Nude and iIt matches my NW20 skin perfectly. I prefer to use it wet, which allows me to build coverage without ever looking cakey or fake. Unlike almost every other foundation I've wasted money on, it does not oxidize at all, even at the end of a 9-hour workday. I set it with Palladio's translucent rice powder, which helps to keep the oil at bay and the makeup looking fresh all day long. I do still have to blot mid-afternoon, but with my skin, that's inevitable with any foundation.

So far I have only used it wet. Using it wet seems to provide thicker coverage, which I need for my blemished skin and redness. As much as I love Merle Norman's Luxiva, this is just as good and costs less than half the price. Thanks to all of you on MUA for the great recommendation!

After reading the reviews, I decided to try this. I admit I like powder foundation (used dry) because it is so fast, neat, and easy. The challenge I have found in other formulas is that many of them really can look 'powdery' on the skin which I certainly do not like. Avon's Mark Powder Buff was the worst offender as far as looking heavy or chalky. Max Facor's is pretty good but you don't get a lot of product and there is no seperate area for the sponge to sit. Mineral makeups just look too matte and 'heavy' no matter how many other people swear otherwise. Also, I have decided to avaoid using cosmetics from companies that continue to animals test (which MF does though Avon doesn't).

This product is excellent in so many ways. The compact has a separate compartment for the sponge applicator and there is a good amount of product. The cost is fair at about $10 US at Sally's (but I realize all cosmetic prices have gone up and I have paid much, much more for higher end foundations of lesser quality). The product does not look powdery on my skin. It covers very well yet looks incredibly natural (you cannot see the makeup on my skin). And, it LASTS. I have Tzone combo skin and this stays on all day (even through a workout) without a touchup. The color selection isn't very extensive, but I am fair ( wear 'Buff' in Colorstay) and the Laurel Nude is perfect. I hope that going a tad deeper in the summer won't be a challenge. The product appears finely milled, so it doesn't seem to be withering down in the pan too quickly.
Bonuses: no animal testing.
Minuses: unsure if there is any SPF and I wish the top of the compact had no writing on it because it would look more elegant (unfortunately I am a packaging snob).

I love this product! I'd been searching for a new foundation for a long time and have spent way too much money on ones that I hate! I used to use BE and I liked it for awhile but it just seemed to dry out my skin. I switched to Color Stay, that broke me out and made my skin look flat and dull! This foundation makes my skin look flawless and matte but not too matte, just glowing! Love the packaging too! I've never used a wet/dry foundation before so I don't have much to compare it to but this is the best foundation I've ever used! Well I take that back actually I bought Studio Fix about 5 years ago and I guess it didn't leave much of an impression on me because I never bought it again! I found it at Sally's after doing some research online for a new foundation. Just for reference: I have light blonde hair and dark brown eyes with fair skin with olive/cool undertones. I bought the Laurel Nude in this foundation and it matches perfectly!

Like Indiana Jones, I've been searching for the Holy Grail. Of foundations, anyway. I think I may have found it. Lighter than MAC's Studio Fix, without the tendency to go grease slick on me by noon, Palladio Wet/Dry is everything I've been looking for in a foundation. It hasn't broken me out, coverage can be sheered out when applied dry with a big fluffy powder brush, or built up to cover zits & undereye darkness with the sponge the package comes with. My gigantic nose pores don't look like hell in the afternoon, like most foundations usually make them look. There's no settling into the enormous craters God gave me for nose pores. My skin doesn't look like I have makeup on with this foundation, it just looks like good skin. Isn't that what we want our foundations to do???

So happy I've found this!

I love this--- looks natural lasts pretty much all day -- have had my compact about 6 months use it once a day usually--so product lasts a long time too!! HG foundation for me.