Palladio Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Normal

3.8

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Should've trusted my gut on this one. I thought I would experiment with using a cream to powder foundation, but it just didn't work out for me. I can see why so many people have written glowing reviews of this product -- it applies easily & smoothly, it doesn't cake, the packaging is fantastic, and the formula is lightweight and silky. But that's where the love stops for me. First, I couldn't really find a good shade (I'm fair/warm, NC20-25). I bought the Laurel Nude shade, but I was left with a darkish pinky-peachy cast all over my face. It also made my face itch (and I don't even have sensitive skin). Must be the talc? I ended up washing it all off because I couldn't stand it. Too bad for me -- I love the concept of this product and was hoping I could make the switch from using messy liquid foundation.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Love this foundation. I use it dry and have not used it wet but will definitely give it a try soon. This foundation is dirt cheap yet work wonderfully. Evens skin tone, does not cake and gives a natural airbrush look. Can look powdery depending on your tools so BE CAREFUL. If you use a brush that is not stiff enough, then it just sits on skin. However, with the right brush (I use bareminerals flawless application face brush) you will be in love.

It only comes in 6 shades but the beige one is perfect for my skin tone. If you can find a match, get this product!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

When I first bought this product, I loved it. I used it as the final step in my makeup routine, in certain areas like spots or under the eyes, on top of my full coverage liquid foundation and concealer. It gave me a nice finish and was great for touch ups but it made my face breakout really bad. I never had acne-prone skin so for my face to suddenly start breaking out was not normal. It was a great product from the start and I wanted to love it but unfortunately, it gave me acne and I am now having to deal with that so I will definitely not purchase this product again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

If you are considering a foundation, contour, bronzer, or concealer this is worth a look.
This is lightweight , but can be made darker if you wet the sponge before applying. The sponge itself is soft, and has rounded angles making it an okay option for applying the powder. There are a wide variety of shades that can cover almost all skin tones except very dark. Upon application the area looks shadowed and natural.
To my knowledge most of the ingredients were pretty beneficial and consisted mostly of anti-inflammatory, and sunscreen.
The one problem with it is the texture can feel grainy at times.

BREAKOUT city! Buy this if you like pimples and clogged pores. I went on Accutane and I literally never break out except when I switched to this foundation from my beloved Purminerals.. bad mistake.
Purminerals, I love you and will forever stay faithful. Besides the breakouts, this foundation isn't horrible. Good coverage and I liked the natural shade (lightest one). However, it did not last throughout the day, purminerals lasts me literally all day. Also I didnt really like how it sat on my face. I dont know. I guess I'm just in love with my pm fdtn, its my hg, baby. Anyway, I really dont recommend this for an acne prone face.. or for anyone for that matter honestly.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have received several compliments on how good my makeup looked and asked what I used. Actually the very first day I used it. I used the wet application and then dry powder over. I felt I looked a bit over done. However, other people seemed to think i looked great and that my skin was smooth and even. However I need to use a primer with it or else my pores become accentuated and my skin looks dry. I've been using the Revlon photo ready primer interchanged with a monistat chafing relief product. I know it sounds weird, but check out the reviews on it. I definately do not want to use this without a primer. My pores look larger and it doesn't apply as evenly.
Also, I switched to using a cosmetic sponge that max factor used to sell (they still might). I use the enclosed sponge for powder application. I appreciate the fact that the sponge has a seperate compartment for the sponge with venting holes that allow the sponge to dry out. I am also gonna try a foundation brush next time I apply. I'll update with my results later. I bought this a Sally's Beauty Supply for around $10.

This product is absolutely amazing!! I recently picked this up at sallys beauty supply for around 9 dollars. I apply with my elf powder brush and I have applied this wet and dry. I love the coverage for my Nc 25-30 skin color I use Cypress beige. It matches my skin tone perfectly and the coverage is amazing. My skin feels and looks flawless, I keep finding myself staring in the mirror, my skin has never looked better. I have used mac studio fix and recommend this product over the mac one. I love it. Definitely worth a try, you won't regret it!

Okay, I recently wrote a review praising MAC Studio Tech. The only issue I had with it was that even though it initially felt smooth, it didn't leave my skin with that silky to the touch feel that powder foundations do. After a few hours, it would feel tacky. It never seemed to get to that "powder" stage of "cream to powder".

After reading raves here for Palladio, I picked some up at Sally's. I apply this damp and it works amazingly well. I'm 54 with skin that's on the dry side but not flakey dry. I load a kabuki type brush with the powder and then mist it with water (aquafina hydrating mist) then buff on. There's not enough water to make it streaky so this method works really well. I don't have much to cover aside from some age related discoloration and slight redness due to being dry but this really covers well.

Bare Escentuals and other powder foundations I've tried (BE, Merle Norman, Prescriptives to name a few) always end up looking dry on me. A huge plus was that I came home from the gym after dripping sweat and it was still on. I'm a NW20 in MAC in the winter. Right now with a tan Ivory Myrhh is a good match for me although I'm sure I'll have to go to Laurel Nude when my tan fades.

If you have this and haven't had luck using it "wet", try this method instead of the sponge and actually applying anything wet to the cake itself. It's a barely damp method I guess.... :o)

The MAC is going back...this is 1/3 the price and feels like silk to the touch.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I picked this up at Sally's for about $9 as I wanted a powder foundation for a date. My liquids are kind of letting me down in this late summer weather, nothing wants to stay on my face and they all make me look greasy and awful within a couple hours (or minutes, depending on the humidity here in Chicago!). I ordered the one from Dior but it didn't ship in time so I scanned reviews and headed out to get one.

I got the shade 402 Cypress Beige. It is a neutral medium beige color with some pink in it and suits my NW30 skin perfectly. It goes on so smooth with my Kabuki brush and gives light to medium coverage when dry. I haven't tried it wet however. It really made my face look amazingly glowy and my skin like silk. It lasted almost all day in the 80 degree weather with only a couple touch up's needed. It never made me look older or my normal/dry skin look mask-like or flaky. It looks like natural, good skin.

I am really shocked at how wonderful this is and how relatively easy it is to get. Also the price is a steal. I recommend this highly and would definitely buy this again! Let's see if this one makes me return the one by Dior - I will definitely update!

UPDATE: Yes, this is definitely similar too - if not better than - the Dior powder foundation.

First I want to start off by talking about the packaging. I both love it and hate it. I love that there's a breathable spot for the sponge (the vents are good for if you use this product wet, that way the sponge won't get all icky or moldy in it's container) And I think visually, it looks really nice. It's sleak, simple, and classy.

But what I hate about it is that the sponge area is massive yet the part of it that holds the product is incredibly skinny. So you look at it and think "darn, that's not a lot of product." But maybe it's just deceptive. I don't know that yet but maybe I'll come back and update when i've hit pan... just to post how long the product actually lasted in comparison to how it looks... which is like there's just not much there.

Anyway, as for the product itself, I think it's a little expensive for a cheap Sally Beauty Supply/Ulta brand but in the end, it's totally worth it.

Before this, I either used a loose mineral foundation or a liquid foundation. Good loose mineral makeup is expensive but looks amazing and is insanely easy to apply... when you can actually find the right shade. I started feeling so guilty about my poor Ulta because I kept buying all these BE loose minerals or Maybelline loose minerals and returning them. For some reason a product would look great in the store and then I'd get home and.... not so much.

Anyway, then I tried liquid foundation. I LOVE the Revlon Photoready stuff and the dewy look it gives my skin... but it also looked slightly cakey and was just too much darn work to apply.

Soooo that's where my first pressed powder comes into play. I did a lot of research and read many reviews here at MUA and decided to go with the Palladio powder. I am so happy I did.

I don't even need to use it wet. I apply it while it's dry and the result is amazing. I hardly even recognize myself in the mirror... in a good way. It gives me an airbrushed porcelain doll kind of look which I was completely not expecting. I wear this, and a good liquid eye liner and maybe some red lip product and holy cow, is that Audrey Hepburn I see in the mirror?

And what's even more amazing, is that I wear this without any primer and it lasts forever on it's own PLUS it holds whatever blush or bronzer I'm wearing all day too. And the truly miraculous part... the longer i wear it throughout the day, the better my skin looks. It doesn't even make any sense!

So I highly recomment this product. I have it in the lightest shade now but as I get more tan this summer, will probably need a different one soon. The fact that there isn't a huge shade selection may be a turn off, but give it a shot anyway because it blends sooooo well. I didn't think the shade I got would look right on me at all but once i get it on my face, it could not be more perfect.

If you're interested in this, i say go to Ulta and give it a shot. I LOVE it.