Palladio Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Other

4.2

I find this powder foundation short of perfect but ahead of all the others, and never paid more than $12. Time was could only buy white or pink block of rice powder, and being combo, this was a blessing, so was super excited to see expansion of options. Coverage is achievable building with brush, off our DAMP sponge and buffs out well. Neither matte nor luminous finish, but simply natyral and diffused. Color selection is boon for my pink tones, but probably inadequate. I use light primer well set before application, and find stays color true and in place for office/indoor worker. Screw the high dollar hype. I've tried them all and this feels good, looks great and nominal price.

I bought some of this due to some recommendations from here and I hate this makeup. I have oily skin but within about 5mins my face looked like the dessert and it also made by pores open up and look huge. I for sure will be taking this back and sticking with what im using now. I rather deal with good looking skin with some oil vs the desert and huge pores.

I really wanted to like this foundation. It made my skin look amazing and lasted for a good 5 hours without any need for blotting on my super oily skin. And it was so easy to apply too. However, it broke me out so I unfortunately won't be buying again :(

This would have been my go to foundation....better than MAC in my opinion, except ....my face broke out. I am soooo dissapointed. It covers awesome and my skin felt like silk. Tragic really.

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

This is just a preliminary review, as I am just wearing this for a couple days now...

I picked this up since the hot hot weather were not being kind to my usual choice of NARS SG with some loose powder to set. I used to treat Aveda Dual Base as my HG until it was so unkindly discontinued earlier this year (and I'll be damned if I'm going to buy it on ebay for triple the original price!) Anyway - this stuff is so cheap at Sally Beauty - I have a club card and it was on sale this week, so it came out to just $7.99. The compact is so-so, I mean it serves its purpose, not cute or flashy, but it's basic and houses the sponge away from the product which is nice. A mirror is right in with the product too, unlike some other brands that put it with the applicator on the underside (I hate that).

Color selection is pretty minimal - I consulted the foundation matrix and it suggested "ivory myrrh" for my NW20 skin - of course I went out and swiped it up immediately. However I wore it the next day and felt like a slightly tanned oompa loompa... it was too warm/a shade too dark for me. Perhaps it's a better shade for -25 girls, in my opinion. I loved the texture though, it totally reminded me of that Aveda powder foundation. So I went back for the lightest shade (Laurel Nude, I believe) and WHAMMO it's perfect. I'm going to exchange the too-dark selection for a 2nd compact to keep in my bag at all times, I think, in Laurel Nude.

I think this stuff has excellent wear! Good oil control and I still look normal, like I haven't been running around in a car without A/C or hanging out on a humid, hot hot day. In my opinion - it does not oxidize either - if it does it is not noticeable anyway.

Will update if my skin winds up disliking this...so far, so good.

Silky smooth, not sparkly. Does not cake or or dry out skin like some powders. I love it.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

What a wonderful product! Blended perfectly with my skin and did NOT look cakey! Couldn't believe how amazing my skin looked. Amazing powder.

I am on my second compact and still loving this stuff. Such nice natural looking results. Will definitely continue to buy.

I am just amazed by this product. It provides medium, very natural looking coverage and superior oil-control. My skin is super-oily, but I only saw a little oiliness peaking through after an 8-hour work day. A little pat with a Palladio blot paper took care of that in a snap and I was good to go for another 6-8 hours.

I wear the lightest color, Laurel Nude (Chanel DPC Vanilla, Clinique Perfectly Real Compact 102, MAC Studiofix N4), and it is a perfect match. I have not seen this change color on me, and it has not irritated my sensitive skin in the least.

I highly recommend it to oily-skinned ladies who are looking for an affordable powder foundation. At under $10, this just can't be beat. I prefer it to all the other foundations I've spent an arm and a leg on.

I have very sensitive skin , but the Zinc Oxide in this foundation helps prevent my skin from breaking out. You can use it dry if you want a more natural look or wet if you want maximum coverage. The best thing is the price. You can get it at Sally's for US$10.

This is my absolute holy grail of foundations/powders. I have used this product for about 2 years now. I have tried Stila, MAC, Clinique, and lots of drugstore brands, but this is absolutely IT. I was originally searching for a replacement for my beloved and discontinued Oil of Olay Complete Radiance powder foundation. The Palladio foundation has been an outstanding substitute. It applies like silk, feels absolutely weightless (unlike every other powder/powder foundation I've used), and evens out imperfections/blotchy skin. I also apply concealer under it. I have to reapply several times during the day, but I don't mind b/c it looks and feels so perfect. I have gotten so many compliments on my skin since using this; people actually think I have perfect skin, even when I have breakouts/redness! (Inside, I secretly laugh as I think about how wonderful the powder is.) If I'm looking for EXTRA long-lasting coverage, such as when I'm going out at night, I might dust a loose powder over it.

The only problem I've had with it is that SOMETIMES, when I have flaky skin, it will emphasize the flakies. However, this is a problem I've had with all powders. What I do in that situation is just apply a good AHA moisturizer (like Alpha Hydrox's) at night, and by next day, the flakies are banished.

If this were ever to be discontinued, I would probably stockpile about 50 extra compacts.