Palladio Beauty Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Other

3.7

I bought some of this due to some recommendations from here and I hate this makeup. I have oily skin but within about 5mins my face looked like the dessert and it also made by pores open up and look huge. I for sure will be taking this back and sticking with what im using now. I rather deal with good looking skin with some oil vs the desert and huge pores.

I really wanted to like this foundation. It made my skin look amazing and lasted for a good 5 hours without any need for blotting on my super oily skin. And it was so easy to apply too. However, it broke me out so I unfortunately won't be buying again :(

This would have been my go to foundation....better than MAC in my opinion, except ....my face broke out. I am soooo dissapointed. It covers awesome and my skin felt like silk. Tragic really.

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

This is just a preliminary review, as I am just wearing this for a couple days now...

I picked this up since the hot hot weather were not being kind to my usual choice of NARS SG with some loose powder to set. I used to treat Aveda Dual Base as my HG until it was so unkindly discontinued earlier this year (and I'll be damned if I'm going to buy it on ebay for triple the original price!) Anyway - this stuff is so cheap at Sally Beauty - I have a club card and it was on sale this week, so it came out to just $7.99. The compact is so-so, I mean it serves its purpose, not cute or flashy, but it's basic and houses the sponge away from the product which is nice. A mirror is right in with the product too, unlike some other brands that put it with the applicator on the underside (I hate that).

Color selection is pretty minimal - I consulted the foundation matrix and it suggested "ivory myrrh" for my NW20 skin - of course I went out and swiped it up immediately. However I wore it the next day and felt like a slightly tanned oompa loompa... it was too warm/a shade too dark for me. Perhaps it's a better shade for -25 girls, in my opinion. I loved the texture though, it totally reminded me of that Aveda powder foundation. So I went back for the lightest shade (Laurel Nude, I believe) and WHAMMO it's perfect. I'm going to exchange the too-dark selection for a 2nd compact to keep in my bag at all times, I think, in Laurel Nude.

I think this stuff has excellent wear! Good oil control and I still look normal, like I haven't been running around in a car without A/C or hanging out on a humid, hot hot day. In my opinion - it does not oxidize either - if it does it is not noticeable anyway.

Will update if my skin winds up disliking this...so far, so good.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Gave me cystic acne :(.

I've repurchased this. I normally prefer MUFE F&B foundation, but from time to time, especially when I'm feeling like my skin doesn't look great and I have very little time, I use this foundation.

I didn't think powder foundation was for me but loved the idea since it's so quick and easy, and no powder necessary. Studio Fix was just AWFUL on me. I read reviews here and thought it was worth a shot since the price is so good. I'm so glad I bought it! The lightest colour is just barely light enough for me. If you're extremely pale, you may not be able to find a match at all. I find when I use my Target beauty blender ko sponge, dampened, with this, it takes about thirty seconds to get the red areas around my nose, mouth and chin, plus the forehead, and I'm done. It looks pretty darn flawless (at first anyway - lol, I touch my face too much). I haven't noticed it oxidizing on me at all either. I don't usually use it dry as I don't find it gives enough coverage for me that way. (I use the MUFE on 'don't need as much coverage' days). I'm extremely breakout prone and this has never caused me any problems.

Really, this is a great product. Totally worth a shot.

This is a great find! I've tried just about all of them. I needed something to wear over my sunscreen that didn't look obvious, but blended in and took off some of the shine. This is a soft-focused matte finish that is sheer, not cakey and doesn't sit in my pores. I applied it dry. I picked cypress beige...the lightest color with warm tones and no pink. It's pretty close. I'm a neutral with warm undertones, so I'm not easy to match. The price is unbeatable. Edit: Liking the new Clinique better.

I think I'm very stoked with this product. I've only used it twice, so I'll have to reevaluate it at some point. I usually use Revlon's Colorstay - which is good - but recently I started hunting for something a bit lighter and a bit more natural looking, and I think I've found it. The best thing about this foundation is that it really doesn't look like foundation at all, but it makes your skin look good :) I think I'm becoming more and more enamored with this whole range.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this stuff...I'm on my 3rd compact. I like it much better than pricier wet-to-dry foundations. A lot of people here say it's too "orangey"--and if your undertone is pink/blue...then that may be true. But, if you have yellow undertones, Palladio's shades will work for you. The texture is wonderful, the packaging is very good. And the price cannot be beat. I love mineral makeup, but this gives coverage that MM can't.

UPDATE--> I adore this makeup even more if I use the MAC skunk brush, MAC brush No. 187. The coverage is amazing...almost "airbrushed" in quality. I dampen the skunk brush and then swirl the powder and then buff my face with it. Gorgeous!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have used this product for four years, sometimes as a foundation and sometimes just as a touchup for other face makeup. I really really love this product. It makes my skin smooth and covers up redness. I will definitely continue to repurchase this powder.