Palladio Beauty Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Bought this because I needed a powder foundation for my oily skin. The lightest shade was too dark for me and I'm NC35! The packaging and sponge is ok, mirror should be bigger and square shaped like the shape of the compact. There should be sponge refills included for hygienic reasons. Sponge refills for all brands such as MAC shouldn't be so expensive. MAC charges $10 for 2 sponges. It should be a pack that will last until the makeup in the compact finishes. Speaking of MAC, MAC Studio fix powder is better though not the best powder foundation because it oxidizes and I become greasy and oily in less than an hour or so. That's my skin though so it might be better for someone else. As with this product. They need to make more shades and perhaps give more coverage because it didn't cover my discoloration and acne. All powder compacts should have better, bigger, clearer mirrors so you can see your face and apply the product perfectly and evenly and include sponge refills that last and apply the makeup beautifully and evenly and does not fall apart. MAC's Studio Fix Powder Sponge is a good example of a good sponge but could still be a little better and not be so expensive!

So I just hit pan on my Paula's Choice Healthy Finish Pressed Powder Makeup in Neutral and decided to try this powder because it's only $10.99 and I had a 20% off coupon from Ulta. I matched myself with Luarel Nude which closely matched my Paula's Choice shade. The next best was Cypress Beige but that was too beige. Too --- I don't know. The colors in this line are weird. All the colors in the pan looked the same. I had to test all of them to get my color just right. Good thing Ulta has such great service. The problem is, the powder has glitter in it. It didn't make any sense to me because it's supposed to be matte. I guess they changed their formula recently. It used to be ( and as of today, it's still on their website as the old formula -- Rated a BEST by Beautypedia) :Talc, Mica, Lauroyl Lysine, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Nylon-12, Magnesium Stearate, Boron Nitride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Squalane, Zinc Oxide, Dimethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, ............ I won't bore you with the rest. Here is the new formula : Mica, Talc, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch,Kaolin,Nylon-12, Boron Nitride, Zinc Oxide, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Squalane...........SO, NOW, instead of a matte finish, you get this weird, glittery finish that is not AT ALL long lasting and slips off oily skin. It's awful. This company -- instead of focussing their efforts on customer complaints from Makeupalley, etc. like their bulky packaging and awkward colors that are too pink or too light, or no colors for darker skin tones, decided to change the only good thing they had going for them. Anyway, I ended up returning the makeup. It didn't go on evenly and wasn't long lasting and you could see the sparkles on my face. Horrible.

BREAKOUT city! Buy this if you like pimples and clogged pores. I went on Accutane and I literally never break out except when I switched to this foundation from my beloved Purminerals.. bad mistake.
Purminerals, I love you and will forever stay faithful. Besides the breakouts, this foundation isn't horrible. Good coverage and I liked the natural shade (lightest one). However, it did not last throughout the day, purminerals lasts me literally all day. Also I didnt really like how it sat on my face. I dont know. I guess I'm just in love with my pm fdtn, its my hg, baby. Anyway, I really dont recommend this for an acne prone face.. or for anyone for that matter honestly.

Bought this as an alternative to MAC Studiofix and utterly hated it. Super unnatural looking, cakey and dry. Oh, and if you apply it wet, it is an utter nightmare. I wouldn't reccommend this to my worst enemy.

I will have to jump off this bandwagon. This foundation was horrible on me! Not only are the color choices very limited (and made only for pink toned skin- not yellow) but it provides no coverage. Maybe if you have great skin, you will like it but I have uneven combination skin and this foundation not only didn't make my skin flawless looking, it accentuated my few lines and dry spots, didn't keep my nose un-shiny and worse of all, it faded by lunch time and I looked like I had no makeup on (not a good thing with me). I tried it both dry and wet with no luck. Glad it works for some....just didn't for me. Don't know how there could be such a difference...maybe I got a bad batch? LOL

something is off with this product lately, the laurel nude was a natural tone and now it has a horrifically pink unnatural cast, which I only noticed too late to change at work. Sad as product was perfect before.......

Update: I actually ended up having contact/conversation with this brand, and they suggested I try it again. I recently did in March 2017, and it seems the laurel nude has much less of a pinkish cast, it seems they may have adjusted it. In its current form I find it really useful as a setting powder for Boots No, 5 foundation in ivory (lift and luminize) and whatever concealer I use....blends edges and keeps face shine free. Also good for quick "all I have time for" face for informal days.

***UPDATE 2015 May 6*** I've had to shelve this because it oxidizes when I use sunscreen. I don't know if this varies depending on the sunscreen, but this turns unsightly over the ones I've used: LaRoche-Posay, Lancome Gn-Shield Make-Up Base, and Coppertone Faces. Using a primer over the sunscreen before makeup application only delays the inevitable. After several mortifying incidents, I'm moving on.

[Original Review: 4 stars:
*HG* I love the convenience of a powder foundation. Sadly, mineral foundation is not for me; every brand I've tried magnifies my pores into full-on craters and looks caked on. I've had better luck with dual wet/dry formulas (used dry), but the ones I liked were rather inaccessible (from Korea) or just to pricey for the amount of product per package (Bobbi Brown).

The Palladio is a godsend in so many ways. It takes seconds to apply, evens out redness and mild discolorations, doesn't irritate my hypersensitive skin or clog my pores, and makes me look polished, not made-up. I use a kabuki brush to dust a small amount onto my face before using the included make-up sponge to press the powder into my skin. Then I use the sponge to pat on a little more onto areas that need more coverage. The finish is initially quite powdery, but after a while (15-30 mins, depending on humidity) the product seems to meld with the oils in my skin to produce a smooth, natural finish.

A few caveats:
1. Doesn't really do much in the way of oil control. I have always had really oily skin. Blotting frequently is just second nature, and I have yet to find a product that has made blotting unnecessary. I do have to say that this stands up well to oil and blotting -- meaning, the oil doesn't cause caking or unevenness in the overall finish. I use a sheet of kleenex then touch up if necessary--which is easy because the compact is portable, sturdy, and relatively compact.

2. I have several supersize pores on the sides of my nose, and when I put this on, the powder just seems to just sit around the edges without filling in/concealing. For me, it's usually sufficient to blend lightly with my fingers after about a half hour, and that's only if it occurs to me. Wet application may work for you, though I have never had much luck using dual/two-way cakes in wet form, and for me the beauty of this product is that it is so quick and low-maintenance. If I were as motivated as I used to be, I would probably use this with a good primer.

3. The biggest failing for me is the color selection. I fall somewhere in the NC25-NC30 range, Korean, yellow undertones. I've been using this for about two years in Cypress Beige, and while it's an ok match, this sometimes looks slightly pink. I switched to Everlasting Tan this summer and it's been a good match for my tan, but again, I wish it were more yellow-based.

4. I don't know if this is real or a fluke, but a few months ago I compared my near-empty pan of Cypress Beige to the new one I'd bought and the old one was significantly darker. Either this has a tendency to oxidize in the pan or this was a product inconsistency.

This costs 11-12 dollars, though I usually buy in twos at ulta when they have BOGO1/2 promotions. I think each one lasts me about 6-7 weeks. YMMV depending on how you use it. I _can_ say this lasts me significantly longer than the Bobbi Brown dual (illuminating something) for a fraction of the price.

This is my everyday foundation, for pretty but natural skin. When I need perfection, I still turn to my MUFE F&B, but seriously, I love not having to dirty my fingers putting on makeup every single day. ]

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

So after all the reviews, i finally decided to try this. I am Asian with very yellow undertones. I am a NC25 in MAC studio fix liquid foundation. I tried the Cypress beige, which was waay too dark and looked pink. I was then recommended Laurel nude by Palladio customer service...that was very light and had pink undertones. It seems like most of the makeup has cool (red/pink) undertones and hardly any for us warm toned (yellow) girls. I returned it back to Sally Beauty Supply.

I have tried almost every powder foundation.Drugstore,high end,mineral makeup and i find this one to be the best im acne prone and almost every other powder even b.m broke me out and this one did not it gives good coverage stays on all day it looks flawless in any light i love it

update-This was severly cakey looking and made me look ashy tried b.m matte and love it

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really wanted to like this product because of all the great reviews.. but the product broke me out :( I've been trying to find a really good powder foundation and no luck :(