Palladio Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

4.1

I have used this for years and found this to be a reliable everyday foundation that offered good fast coverage didn't break me out or the bank. I recently bought a new one and was extremely disappointed! Its dark blotchy ugly. A coworker even asked what is on my skin that it looks dark lol. I guess it's time to say goodbye!
Update : because of my stubbornness I baught a lighter shade to see if the would work. Laurel nude is better but not very good coverage. Old formula was matte and had good coverage. Also oxidizes and turns orange.

So I just hit pan on my Paula's Choice Healthy Finish Pressed Powder Makeup in Neutral and decided to try this powder because it's only $10.99 and I had a 20% off coupon from Ulta. I matched myself with Luarel Nude which closely matched my Paula's Choice shade. The next best was Cypress Beige but that was too beige. Too --- I don't know. The colors in this line are weird. All the colors in the pan looked the same. I had to test all of them to get my color just right. Good thing Ulta has such great service. The problem is, the powder has glitter in it. It didn't make any sense to me because it's supposed to be matte. I guess they changed their formula recently. It used to be ( and as of today, it's still on their website as the old formula -- Rated a BEST by Beautypedia) :Talc, Mica, Lauroyl Lysine, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Nylon-12, Magnesium Stearate, Boron Nitride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Squalane, Zinc Oxide, Dimethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, ............ I won't bore you with the rest. Here is the new formula : Mica, Talc, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch,Kaolin,Nylon-12, Boron Nitride, Zinc Oxide, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Squalane...........SO, NOW, instead of a matte finish, you get this weird, glittery finish that is not AT ALL long lasting and slips off oily skin. It's awful. This company -- instead of focussing their efforts on customer complaints from Makeupalley, etc. like their bulky packaging and awkward colors that are too pink or too light, or no colors for darker skin tones, decided to change the only good thing they had going for them. Anyway, I ended up returning the makeup. It didn't go on evenly and wasn't long lasting and you could see the sparkles on my face. Horrible.

I bought some of this due to some recommendations from here and I hate this makeup. I have oily skin but within about 5mins my face looked like the dessert and it also made by pores open up and look huge. I for sure will be taking this back and sticking with what im using now. I rather deal with good looking skin with some oil vs the desert and huge pores.

BREAKOUT city! Buy this if you like pimples and clogged pores. I went on Accutane and I literally never break out except when I switched to this foundation from my beloved Purminerals.. bad mistake.
Purminerals, I love you and will forever stay faithful. Besides the breakouts, this foundation isn't horrible. Good coverage and I liked the natural shade (lightest one). However, it did not last throughout the day, purminerals lasts me literally all day. Also I didnt really like how it sat on my face. I dont know. I guess I'm just in love with my pm fdtn, its my hg, baby. Anyway, I really dont recommend this for an acne prone face.. or for anyone for that matter honestly.

Okay I don't love to come on here and slam cosmetics but this truly deserves it. The concept of being able to use wet or dry is interesting and it would be good if it actually worked but this just wasn't doing it for me. I tried using it wet but it made my combination skin look super oily and gross. I tried to give it another chance by using it dry but it didn't provide any good coverage. I did not want to waste it since it was over ten dollars (I usually don't spend over eight bucks on foundation) so I tried to keep using it wet with the sponge provided. The makeup itself did a pretty sucky job and after several uses the sponge completely fell apart. So much for me joining the Palladio Wet/Dry foundation bandwagon. I do love Palladio's lip stains though, so those are worth a try if you haven't given them a chance yet. I will repurchase those but as for this foundation NEVER AGAIN!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Gave me cystic acne :(.

One word: gross.

This looked like orange mud on my skin. Cakey as all get out and didn't even cover well. Apparently some peeps really love this foundation so if you decide to give it a try just be sure to keep your receipt so you can take this sucker back to Sally's if it looks like ass on you like it did on me.

EDIT: This used to be my HG powder but the recent change in formula is causing me to update my review. I've repurchased this many times over the last few years and I grieve to report it is not what it once was. My shade was "Laurel Nude", the lightest available (I'm NW20). This powder was the old reliable workhorse in my makeup bag. I recently hit pan again and bought a new one at Ulta, as I'd done many times before, only to discover that they had altered the formula and the same Laurel Nude shade is now MUCH darker!! I returned it to Ulta with a heavy heart, but thought perhaps I had gotten a mislabeled compact or something, so I purchased another Laurel Nude from Sally's. Sadly, I found the shade was again much too dark. I compared the new one to the old ones I still had and the difference was almost a full 2 shades darker! I checked the Palladio website and found dozens of unhappy reviews complaining about the same thing. WHY would you do this Palladio??? WHYYY? This no longer works for fair skintones. It's a great loss.

Original review 2011: This is my current HG powder foundation, and I have tried several from all price ranges: Lancome, Dior, Clinique, Smashbox, Illamasqua, CoverFX, Gosh, BE, L'Oreal, Body Shop, Sephora, Nyx, MAC, and probably a few others. I am fair with pink undertones and NOTHING is ever pink/fair enough with full coverage for me. I found this Palladio powder at Ulta for $9.99; the shade Laurel Nude is an excellent match with full and buildable coverage, long-lasting and not cakey (not unlike the texture of the $46.00 dior powder foundation which had a lovely texture and coverage but terrible shade selection for me). It could be a touch pinker for me but I am not complaining. It does not oxidize either, which some of the others I tried did (Lancome and Clinique especially). I have only used it dry, but I like the vented chamber for the little sponge that would allow it to dry if it was used wet. Very happy and have already purchased a 2nd compact so I can have one at home and one in my purse. LOVE.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Turns orange.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I sooooo wanted to love this foundation. This is one time when the great reviews burned me. I was looking for a cheaper alternative to MAC studio fix. I'm NC35 and I first chose CYPRESS BEIGE. Well, I liked the coverage, but I could tell it was a little too dark for me. Then, about an hour later it turned severely orange on me! I'm very oily, so that may have made it worse. So, I returned it to Ulta and exchanged it for IVORY MYRRH thinking that since it was lighter, it would not turn orange on me. Well, when I first put it on it seemed like a pretty good match, but once again, an hour later, I turned orange. :(
The only think I liked was the packaging. I'm returning this one.