Palladio Beauty Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination

4.2

Palladio's wet/dry foundation is brilliant considering the price. I was looking for a wet/dry foundation & read the great reviews here, so decided to try it. I have oily/combo skin & sometimes just don't feel like wearing a liquid foundation, plus a wet-dry foundation is so much quicker and foolproof when it comes to application.

This product really surprised me - it goes on easily, evens out my complexion very nicely & makes my skin feel incredibly smooth! The trick to a flawless application is to wet the sponge sufficiently, but not too much. If the sponge is too wet, you get streaky, uneven and insufficient coverage. If you wet the sponge and then dip into the powder and you leave wet patches on the powder, then it means you've wet the sponge too much - squeeze it a bit more & re-dip. Once you've applied the foundation wet, you can then dip into the powder with a large powder brush and dust over the face to set the foundation, or just use your regular powder or Palladio's rice powder.

I first bought the colour Laurel Nude, which is absolutely perfect for my NC20-25 complexion. This is actually the lightest colour in the range, and although I normally am not suited to the lightest colour in most foundation ranges - this is perfect. My complexion is evened out nicely & I don't even look like I have makeup on. After Laurel Nude, I tried Ivory Myrrh, but it was too dark and too pink for me. So as a guide for colour selection, I would say : Fair & Light complexion - go for Laurel Nude; Medium complexions (with pink undertones) - go for Ivory Myrrh; and Medium complexions (yellow undertones) - go for Cypress Beige. If you are light to medium, I guess your safest bet would be to go for Laurel Nude & if necessary, use bronzer & blush on top, or go for Laurel Nude in winter & Ivory Myrrh/Cypress Beige in summer if you tend to tan.

Although this isn't the longest wearing foundation (compared to my HG longwearing foundation Estee Lauder Double Wear), it still wears for some time. It contains rice powder in it, so does help somewhat with controlling the oilies. Having said that, I recommend having properly exfoliated and moisturised skin underneath, as I find that any product which is 'oil controlling' tends to accentuate any dry spots.

Definitely my HG wet/dry foundation at the moment & will keep repurchasing. It's unfortunate it's no longer stocked here in Australia though :(

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Thanks to all the rec's & good reviews here on MUA, I decided to give this a try. I love it so far. This is the only full coverage foundation that makes my skin look flawless and conceals my large pores on my cheeks. I swear, this is a foundation where you look in your rear view mirror and go "Damn, I look good." A few hours later, you look again and say "Damn, I still look good." LOL, it is that good! I was on the market for a powder foundation that is a bit more full cover to go out in and this hit the nail on the head. I tried this both wet and dry.
Wet: Full coverage with a matte finish, Applying it wet can cling into some dry patches so I rec putting on a moisturizer first even if you get oily like me. When wet, don't over do it because it can become cakey. A concealer may not be needed for wet application. Doesn't oxidize when wet-color stays true all day. Wet does keep my oiliness at bay and my skin appears flawless. Staying power lasted 7 hours until I washed it off.
Dry: Light to Medium coverage with a matte finish. I need to use a concealer on my blemishes and undereyes with the dry application. Dry also does a great job keeping my oiliness at bay. With dry, it's easier to layer than wet. Staying power is good, lasted all day even during a walk outside in the sun.
Sensitivity: I've used this foundation exclusively for a while and noticed no additional clogged pores or breakouts.
Color Reference: I'm currently NW20 and use Natural Clary
Additional Comments: A setting/blotting powder is not needed unless you are extremely oily. I'm combo/oily and didn't need one. Available at Ulta and Sally Beauty Supply stores.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I don't even know where to start with this freaking sexy work of art! It has taken me years to find something as great as the Maybelline mineral power pressed powder which was sadly discontinued and left me heartbroken. This stuff has exceeded my expectations dramatically. It is better than the Maybelline I mentioned above and I never thought I would be able to say that! If you use this dry and alone you get medium coverage. On top of foundation dry you get full coverage. And finally if you use this wet you get full coverage. I'm on my fourth compact and just tried it wet a couple weeks ago. It worked so well dry that I didn't feel the need to until I was running late for work and forgot my foundation at home. I was amazed at how great it looks wet! It's not heavy or cakey and covers every blemish or imperfection I have. I use the lightest shade (laurel nude) and it matches well. I wouldn't say exact because I'm fair & cool and this has some warmth to it but it's dangerously near perfect! It's matte but if I'm needing some shimmer or looking too warm I will dust some Maybelline fit me powder in porcelain 110 on and I'm good to go. This will last me all day at work (8 hours typically) but staying power is different for everyone. I touch up depending on my oil and sweat production that day. It controls oil very well and will last through sweat. This is about $12 bucks at Sally's Beauty Supply but I get it a little cheaper because I have a pro card. So worth the money! Definitely try this and if you don't like it for some reason you can return it just keep the receipt! Packaging is awesome and the sponge is incredible unlike most that come with powders. It has air holes in the bottom of the container to prevent bacteria growth and let the sponge dry which is fab. Hope I helped!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Running late for work? Errands to run, kids to look after, little time to spare on makeup but you still want to look put together" for the day? This product is your friend then! I've used this powder foundation over 1- plain moisturized face 2- a BB cream (I use Lorea'l), and it comes out beautiful. I've used it wet and dry but I prefer dry because it covers all that I need covered and it evens out my complexion to my satisfaction. You can apply it with the sponge that comes in the compact or with a foundation brush, either way it works great. This gem has saved the day for me when I'm in a hurry and barely have time to put my shoes on before locking the front door :) If you get the wrong shade no problem! take it back to Ulta or Sally's and they'll gladly exchange it for you. I no longer pay department store prices for powder foundation!

I've been using this powder foundation for almost a decade! And though I've bought MUFE, Lancome, and Armani powder foundations, I prefer Palladio. It's easy and fast to use with a wet or dry brush, puff, or sponge. Using a damp sponge takes a little longer, but to me it seems quicker than liquid foundation. You get different coverage depending on how you apply it and whether you use it dry, damp, or wet. My normal way is to apply it dry with a big brush, buff it with the brush, and then lightly spritz with water to give a non-powdery look. You can pat dry after the water spray, or just let it air dry.

I also use it lightly over liquid foundation, because it absorbs oil really well. My skin is combination with a very, very oily t-zone.

It doesn't come in many shades. My skin tone is closer-to-neutral NC20-25, and Laurel Nude (the lightest), is a good shade for me.

The compact is quite sturdy, but kind of clunky-looking. It has a separate, ventilated chamber for the sponge, so the sponge can dry between uses. This is the perfect makeup to use before going to the gym: it looks completely natural, and it fights shine.

I'm marking it down to 4 because of the narrow range of shades. But if they do have a shade for you, definitely try it if you want a reasonably priced powder or powder foundation. It's available at Sally's and also from the Palladio web site.

something is off with this product lately, the laurel nude was a natural tone and now it has a horrifically pink unnatural cast, which I only noticed too late to change at work. Sad as product was perfect before.......

Update: I actually ended up having contact/conversation with this brand, and they suggested I try it again. I recently did in March 2017, and it seems the laurel nude has much less of a pinkish cast, it seems they may have adjusted it. In its current form I find it really useful as a setting powder for Boots No, 5 foundation in ivory (lift and luminize) and whatever concealer I use....blends edges and keeps face shine free. Also good for quick "all I have time for" face for informal days.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Wow. Honestly, that's all I can say about this foundation. I'm NC/W15 (basically I can wear cool or warm shades). I have used this product wet and dry. I use the retractable kabuki brush from Ecotools to apply dry. I mainly wear it dry because my skin is good and this gives you a more sheer coverage. It lets my freckles shine through :) My skin looked as if it had been airbrushed and it stayed that way for hours. However, I did a makeover on my sister who has really bad, ruddy skin and used this wet with the sponge included. I have pics in my profile of her before and after. Seriously, check them out. Used wet, the coverage is medium-heavy but it doesn't look like she's wearing makeup. It's amazing. I have this in shade 400 Laurel Nude and it is a perfect match. This has replaced ALL of my other foundations, including Bobbi Brown Skin and the entire MAC line of foundations. There is nothing better. For $9.99, you can't go wrong. You can buy this at Sally's or ULTA. I don't know of any other stores that carry this brand.

I've heard others say they love the foundation but they had a hard time finding a good color match and that it could possibly oxidize on oily skin, so if you're oily, you may want to use a mattifying primer underneath. I use it over Weleda Skin Food and Neutrogena Healthy Defense Liquid Sunscreen. Thank God for Makeup Alley, otherwise I would've never found this gem. GET IT!!! :)

I'm in love!
I bought this based solely on the positive reviews on MUA. Had never heard of this or noticed it in store before. I have been a devout powder foundation user for over five years, usually Sephora brand. I decided to give this a try since it was half the cost of the Sephora compact, and I am so glad I did!
I am using the shade Laurel Nude (I am very fair and warm-toned). So far I have only used the compact dry.
Pros:
The finish - Medium coverage. This foundation looks so smooth, so natural, so soft and pretty; it makes my skin look perfect. Never cakey, never mask-like.
The formula - I love the natural/herbal ingredients. The Sephora compact irritated my skin and I highly suspect it made me break out as well. I have been using this for a week and have not had a single new blemish - and I swear my old marks have even started to fade. I do not have any more irritation either! This gentle, natural formula makes my skin happy.
The price - I got it at Ulta for $10. The compact looks kind of small/shallow when you open it but I think it will probably last a good month.
Color - matches almost perfectly (ever-so-slightly pink for my warm-neutral tone but it is really not an issue) and there are several different shades to choose from.
Lasting power - Stays all day and night! I never really need to touch up, it is incredible. I wore it all day long yesterday going off-roading, out on a boat, in the sun and heat, etc. - and then took a nap in it! - and I woke up and it still looked good!
How it feels - Feels great on. Weightless, natural, never like you have makeup on your face. Doesn't itch or irritate.
How it plays with others - Works perfectly well with my bronzer and blush. Nothing turns orange or funny colors.
Cons?
There are none! Seriously, this foundation is AMAZING. Totally an HG for me. If you are considering trying it, do it - you won't regret it!

Update 5/29/12: Still using, and loving, this foundation. I have tried it wet, but prefer it dry (although the difference in coverage is minimal) and would recommend that anyone using it dry applies it with a kabuki/bronzer brush, rather than with the sponge it comes with. This gives it a softer finish and makes it last even longer than applying with the included sponge.

Update 8/21/13: My review is so deeply buried among them on here I doubt anyone will ever read this update, but I just want to say that I am still loyally using and loving this phenomenal foundation! It's still the best I've ever tried (I've tried a few new ones since I started using this - just to see, you never know - but always come back to it!) and I really think anyone who loves powder foundations should try it because you will probably fall in love too.

Updated Dec. 2013: I'm sad to report that either my skin has changed or their shade formulation has been tweaked, as this is now showing up a little too pink for my liking on my skin. The lightest shade was never a perfect match for me, but it was close enough. Nowadays though, after years of use, something has changed. I still think this is a great foundation, but I wish their color selection was broader and had more tone options. I've moved on to something else.

So I just hit pan on my Paula's Choice Healthy Finish Pressed Powder Makeup in Neutral and decided to try this powder because it's only $10.99 and I had a 20% off coupon from Ulta. I matched myself with Luarel Nude which closely matched my Paula's Choice shade. The next best was Cypress Beige but that was too beige. Too --- I don't know. The colors in this line are weird. All the colors in the pan looked the same. I had to test all of them to get my color just right. Good thing Ulta has such great service. The problem is, the powder has glitter in it. It didn't make any sense to me because it's supposed to be matte. I guess they changed their formula recently. It used to be ( and as of today, it's still on their website as the old formula -- Rated a BEST by Beautypedia) :Talc, Mica, Lauroyl Lysine, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Nylon-12, Magnesium Stearate, Boron Nitride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Squalane, Zinc Oxide, Dimethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, ............ I won't bore you with the rest. Here is the new formula : Mica, Talc, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch,Kaolin,Nylon-12, Boron Nitride, Zinc Oxide, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Squalane...........SO, NOW, instead of a matte finish, you get this weird, glittery finish that is not AT ALL long lasting and slips off oily skin. It's awful. This company -- instead of focussing their efforts on customer complaints from Makeupalley, etc. like their bulky packaging and awkward colors that are too pink or too light, or no colors for darker skin tones, decided to change the only good thing they had going for them. Anyway, I ended up returning the makeup. It didn't go on evenly and wasn't long lasting and you could see the sparkles on my face. Horrible.

This is the kind of foundation I have been looking for! Lite on the skin, coverage looks smooth & natural & can be applied with the damp or dry sponge. A powder & foundation in one step! You can also use this over your favorite foundation for added oil control. Packaged like a pressed powder with a sponge in the bottom compartment. This makes your skin appear smooth, pore less & even toned. Bought it at Sally's Beauty Supply.