Palladio Beauty Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

3.9

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I don't even know where to start with this freaking sexy work of art! It has taken me years to find something as great as the Maybelline mineral power pressed powder which was sadly discontinued and left me heartbroken. This stuff has exceeded my expectations dramatically. It is better than the Maybelline I mentioned above and I never thought I would be able to say that! If you use this dry and alone you get medium coverage. On top of foundation dry you get full coverage. And finally if you use this wet you get full coverage. I'm on my fourth compact and just tried it wet a couple weeks ago. It worked so well dry that I didn't feel the need to until I was running late for work and forgot my foundation at home. I was amazed at how great it looks wet! It's not heavy or cakey and covers every blemish or imperfection I have. I use the lightest shade (laurel nude) and it matches well. I wouldn't say exact because I'm fair & cool and this has some warmth to it but it's dangerously near perfect! It's matte but if I'm needing some shimmer or looking too warm I will dust some Maybelline fit me powder in porcelain 110 on and I'm good to go. This will last me all day at work (8 hours typically) but staying power is different for everyone. I touch up depending on my oil and sweat production that day. It controls oil very well and will last through sweat. This is about $12 bucks at Sally's Beauty Supply but I get it a little cheaper because I have a pro card. So worth the money! Definitely try this and if you don't like it for some reason you can return it just keep the receipt! Packaging is awesome and the sponge is incredible unlike most that come with powders. It has air holes in the bottom of the container to prevent bacteria growth and let the sponge dry which is fab. Hope I helped!

I've been using this powder foundation for almost a decade! And though I've bought MUFE, Lancome, and Armani powder foundations, I prefer Palladio. It's easy and fast to use with a wet or dry brush, puff, or sponge. Using a damp sponge takes a little longer, but to me it seems quicker than liquid foundation. You get different coverage depending on how you apply it and whether you use it dry, damp, or wet. My normal way is to apply it dry with a big brush, buff it with the brush, and then lightly spritz with water to give a non-powdery look. You can pat dry after the water spray, or just let it air dry.

I also use it lightly over liquid foundation, because it absorbs oil really well. My skin is combination with a very, very oily t-zone.

It doesn't come in many shades. My skin tone is closer-to-neutral NC20-25, and Laurel Nude (the lightest), is a good shade for me.

The compact is quite sturdy, but kind of clunky-looking. It has a separate, ventilated chamber for the sponge, so the sponge can dry between uses. This is the perfect makeup to use before going to the gym: it looks completely natural, and it fights shine.

I'm marking it down to 4 because of the narrow range of shades. But if they do have a shade for you, definitely try it if you want a reasonably priced powder or powder foundation. It's available at Sally's and also from the Palladio web site.

I agree with jackieskies. I'm in the UK and bought laurel nude from Amazon and loved it. My second purchase a few weeks ago and it's turned horribly pink on my face and sponge. It was so bad that I thought that my previously excellent American retailer had slipped me a fake.

Thanks to Jackie I now know that's not the case, but I can't wear it any more as it looks like I'm trying add a fake tan!

Bitterly disappointed. This quickly became my HG foundation and I feel that it's been snatched away from me. :(

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Wow. Honestly, that's all I can say about this foundation. I'm NC/W15 (basically I can wear cool or warm shades). I have used this product wet and dry. I use the retractable kabuki brush from Ecotools to apply dry. I mainly wear it dry because my skin is good and this gives you a more sheer coverage. It lets my freckles shine through :) My skin looked as if it had been airbrushed and it stayed that way for hours. However, I did a makeover on my sister who has really bad, ruddy skin and used this wet with the sponge included. I have pics in my profile of her before and after. Seriously, check them out. Used wet, the coverage is medium-heavy but it doesn't look like she's wearing makeup. It's amazing. I have this in shade 400 Laurel Nude and it is a perfect match. This has replaced ALL of my other foundations, including Bobbi Brown Skin and the entire MAC line of foundations. There is nothing better. For $9.99, you can't go wrong. You can buy this at Sally's or ULTA. I don't know of any other stores that carry this brand.

I've heard others say they love the foundation but they had a hard time finding a good color match and that it could possibly oxidize on oily skin, so if you're oily, you may want to use a mattifying primer underneath. I use it over Weleda Skin Food and Neutrogena Healthy Defense Liquid Sunscreen. Thank God for Makeup Alley, otherwise I would've never found this gem. GET IT!!! :)

I'm in love!
I bought this based solely on the positive reviews on MUA. Had never heard of this or noticed it in store before. I have been a devout powder foundation user for over five years, usually Sephora brand. I decided to give this a try since it was half the cost of the Sephora compact, and I am so glad I did!
I am using the shade Laurel Nude (I am very fair and warm-toned). So far I have only used the compact dry.
Pros:
The finish - Medium coverage. This foundation looks so smooth, so natural, so soft and pretty; it makes my skin look perfect. Never cakey, never mask-like.
The formula - I love the natural/herbal ingredients. The Sephora compact irritated my skin and I highly suspect it made me break out as well. I have been using this for a week and have not had a single new blemish - and I swear my old marks have even started to fade. I do not have any more irritation either! This gentle, natural formula makes my skin happy.
The price - I got it at Ulta for $10. The compact looks kind of small/shallow when you open it but I think it will probably last a good month.
Color - matches almost perfectly (ever-so-slightly pink for my warm-neutral tone but it is really not an issue) and there are several different shades to choose from.
Lasting power - Stays all day and night! I never really need to touch up, it is incredible. I wore it all day long yesterday going off-roading, out on a boat, in the sun and heat, etc. - and then took a nap in it! - and I woke up and it still looked good!
How it feels - Feels great on. Weightless, natural, never like you have makeup on your face. Doesn't itch or irritate.
How it plays with others - Works perfectly well with my bronzer and blush. Nothing turns orange or funny colors.
Cons?
There are none! Seriously, this foundation is AMAZING. Totally an HG for me. If you are considering trying it, do it - you won't regret it!

Update 5/29/12: Still using, and loving, this foundation. I have tried it wet, but prefer it dry (although the difference in coverage is minimal) and would recommend that anyone using it dry applies it with a kabuki/bronzer brush, rather than with the sponge it comes with. This gives it a softer finish and makes it last even longer than applying with the included sponge.

Update 8/21/13: My review is so deeply buried among them on here I doubt anyone will ever read this update, but I just want to say that I am still loyally using and loving this phenomenal foundation! It's still the best I've ever tried (I've tried a few new ones since I started using this - just to see, you never know - but always come back to it!) and I really think anyone who loves powder foundations should try it because you will probably fall in love too.

Updated Dec. 2013: I'm sad to report that either my skin has changed or their shade formulation has been tweaked, as this is now showing up a little too pink for my liking on my skin. The lightest shade was never a perfect match for me, but it was close enough. Nowadays though, after years of use, something has changed. I still think this is a great foundation, but I wish their color selection was broader and had more tone options. I've moved on to something else.

This is the kind of foundation I have been looking for! Lite on the skin, coverage looks smooth & natural & can be applied with the damp or dry sponge. A powder & foundation in one step! You can also use this over your favorite foundation for added oil control. Packaged like a pressed powder with a sponge in the bottom compartment. This makes your skin appear smooth, pore less & even toned. Bought it at Sally's Beauty Supply.

I just bought my fourth pan of this foundation - it is the best. I have pale skin with cool undertones and almost nothing matches, but this does. I also agree with other reviewers who say this goes on a little powdery. It does, but if you buff it in a little with a good flat-topped brush it will set to a really nice finish in about 30 minutes - just about the time it takes to finish up your face, grab breakfast, take out the dog, and leave for work! I hate the way liquid foundations feel and this is such a nice alternative - my HG.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

If you have uneven skin tone, scars or just want a nice cover, this is it. It even covers my red cheeks from rosacea. I first tried it wet with sponge, but kept rolling off my monistat primer in pieces. weird!
But I got out my kabuki foundation brush and applied it dry. Wow! wonderful coverage, not too oily or dry. I top with loreal soft glow mineral finish, and I am good for hours. even in the humid south.
I was really surprised, and at ulta, they have deals on this stuff all the time. I don't think you will be sorry. I actually bought two more and this is the first time I have used an entire foundation up in A LONG TIME!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm impressed. I haven't used a powder foundation in years, and I've never used a wet/dry one. I read reviews online before purchasing, and I figured I wouldn't have much luck with it, like I don't seem to have much luck with ANY foundation these days. I went to Sally's, picked a few things up - including this - and I used it the next day.

I apply it wet, and have never tried applying it dry (so I can't comment on that). The coverage is pretty damn good, and I'm a real stickler for that. This covers as well as or better than my usual go-to heavy coverage foundation: Simply Ageless. I don't need to use concealer anywhere but under my eyes. Keep in mind, though, if you have a huge, red, and inflamed zit... this isn't going to cover it completely. The oil control is meh, hence the 4 not the 5, but I just blot as usual and it's fine. I use the sponge it comes with and haven't had a problem yet. The compartment where the sponge is held is ventilated, so the sponge is always dry the next time I go to use it.

Finding your match (especially if you're not usually on either end of most foundation lines) will probably be a little difficult, since you have no way of seeing the actual color of the foundation until you have it out of the box and opened. They have colors on the boxes, but they are hardly helpful. I am usually within the lightest 2 shades in any given foundation, so I picked the lightest one (laurel nude) and it matches quite well.

I will absolutely repurchase when I run out. I haven't been this impressed by a foundation in years, and I will never spend $20 on a foundation AGAIN!

Edit***

I just applied it dry for the first time, and it has the exact same coverage (maybe even more!!) than applying it wet. Yay! Next up I'll try applying it with a brush... dun dun dun.

EDIT: This used to be my HG powder but the recent change in formula is causing me to update my review. I've repurchased this many times over the last few years and I grieve to report it is not what it once was. My shade was "Laurel Nude", the lightest available (I'm NW20). This powder was the old reliable workhorse in my makeup bag. I recently hit pan again and bought a new one at Ulta, as I'd done many times before, only to discover that they had altered the formula and the same Laurel Nude shade is now MUCH darker!! I returned it to Ulta with a heavy heart, but thought perhaps I had gotten a mislabeled compact or something, so I purchased another Laurel Nude from Sally's. Sadly, I found the shade was again much too dark. I compared the new one to the old ones I still had and the difference was almost a full 2 shades darker! I checked the Palladio website and found dozens of unhappy reviews complaining about the same thing. WHY would you do this Palladio??? WHYYY? This no longer works for fair skintones. It's a great loss.

Original review 2011: This is my current HG powder foundation, and I have tried several from all price ranges: Lancome, Dior, Clinique, Smashbox, Illamasqua, CoverFX, Gosh, BE, L'Oreal, Body Shop, Sephora, Nyx, MAC, and probably a few others. I am fair with pink undertones and NOTHING is ever pink/fair enough with full coverage for me. I found this Palladio powder at Ulta for $9.99; the shade Laurel Nude is an excellent match with full and buildable coverage, long-lasting and not cakey (not unlike the texture of the $46.00 dior powder foundation which had a lovely texture and coverage but terrible shade selection for me). It could be a touch pinker for me but I am not complaining. It does not oxidize either, which some of the others I tried did (Lancome and Clinique especially). I have only used it dry, but I like the vented chamber for the little sponge that would allow it to dry if it was used wet. Very happy and have already purchased a 2nd compact so I can have one at home and one in my purse. LOVE.