Palladio Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

4.1

I agree with jackieskies. I'm in the UK and bought laurel nude from Amazon and loved it. My second purchase a few weeks ago and it's turned horribly pink on my face and sponge. It was so bad that I thought that my previously excellent American retailer had slipped me a fake.

Thanks to Jackie I now know that's not the case, but I can't wear it any more as it looks like I'm trying add a fake tan!

Bitterly disappointed. This quickly became my HG foundation and I feel that it's been snatched away from me. :(

something is off with this product lately, the laurel nude was a natural tone and now it has a horrifically pink unnatural cast, which I only noticed too late to change at work. Sad as product was perfect before.

To Read all 388 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Powder foundations are something of an oddity and for me they're either HG or DR (Death Rattle - go with me on this). There's no middle ground; it's one or t'other. My skin - never the most cooperative entity in the universe to start with - sometimes likes foundation and sometimes doesn't like foundation but instead prefers a powder which provides a touch of coverage.

(My skin also runs the gamut from extremely dry and flaky to oily and greedy but still very sensitive in about 5 seconds flat. Needless to say, we've had our "awkward" moments)

This was an impulse buy by (can I really use "buy by" in a sentence? That just seems so very wrong) my husband who had - bless him - tried to find the Physician's Formula thingy I'd added to the list, failed, and in desperation asked the closest human for advice.

She recommended this powder; she is clearly a Goddess of some sort because without even seeing me she knew what I needed.

The shade is "Ivory Myrrh" and, despite the completely nonsensical name (shockingly nonsensical), it's actually a very pretty light almost-beige shade. It seemed to be a teeny bit more yellow than I'd usually select, but in broad daylight it was actually very natural-looking. When you add a bit of bronzer to the mix your skin looks like it's glowing from the inside out.

Once again though, shades for darker ladies are completely missing and it loses a lippie for that.

In terms of coverage I'd call it medium. It doesn't layer too well, but if you start out with just a touch you can build it up a little bit without it becoming cement cake. Just a little bit.

It does last a decent amount of time too, even without a primer. It's really a handy little option if you want light to medium coverage.

(I can't really categorize this properly because it's neither HG or DR and that flummoxes me)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Makes your skin look worse than it did before! I really found nothing good in this foundation.

Love this foundation. It stays in place all day, and doesn't look too powdery when applied dry with a kabuki brush. I haven't used it wet. I use the shade Natural Clary.
I do wish that it came safety sealed. I was in Ulta, wanting to pick a new one up, and all of the boxes had been opened,and tested already. Gross!

I am continuing my review (typing this on the mobile app is tricky because it keeps stopping me from typing) Palladio is cruelty free and gluten free. Gluten makes a lot of people break out and they don't even know it. It has medium to full coverage and it best used with a bamboo kabuki brush. I got "everlasting tan "shade. It works!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

So last week I saw Makeup Alley come out with a Dupe List for high-end brands and this was compared to as a dupe for Lancome's Dual Finish. Since Lancome Dual Finish has been on my wishlist for months, I decided to read the reviews on the Palladio powder. Some of the reviews mentioned that the formula seems to have changed and the shading is a bit off and/or darker than the previously purchased versions. Keeping this in mind, I went to the closest Sally Beauty Supply store and found Cypress Beige which appeared to be a close match but based on reviews I knew it may show up darker. I had a feeling that the Laurel Nude might be a better match but I would start with Cypress. It turned out exactly as it was described, having a bit of an off-shade and if I had to describe it best, I would say that it is almost a bit of a muted beige having some slightly grey undertones. I can see how this would be off-putting to someone with warm tones but work for someone with neutral to cool tones. I decided to re-purpose it into a contouring powder and I am actually pleased with the results. Usually when I contour, shades tend to have a bit of a bronzey brownish-orange hue to them and if I wear blush with it, the combination of bronze and pink tends to give off a bit of an unnatural and overly done cheek. I decided to use Palladio's muted greyish tones to give off a more naturally shaded than made up appearance. For the most natural look, I apply the powder alone to the contour areas and this has become my everyday office look. For my heavier contoured looks, I apply my regular contour shades and then blend it out with this powder to soften it a bit and the lines become undetectable. The consistency of the powder itself is actually nice as it doesn't show up chalky on the skin and it's just the right amount of matte without being too matte. I tried it wet and it dries so fast that it went on streaky and didn't give me enough play time to blend it out. My face ended up looking dirty so I just stick to applying it dry. I'm going to try the Laurel Nude next and will follow-up with a review on that later.

**UPDATE JUNE 15, 2015: I bought the Laurel Nude over the weekend and tried it out. It's actually very nice and natural but it has some slightly pink tones that are not so bad but would look more amazing on pinkish/reddish skin tones. I don't think I would compare it to a high coverage powder foundation like Lancome Duo Mat (not that I have tried it) but I would actually closely compare it to being an almost bang-on dupe for the M.A.C. Mineralize Skin Finish. It doesn't go on heavy so it's a perfect finishing touch over foundation. It's actually great for going to the store to run an errand or going to the gym where you don't want to look made up but just enough coverage to look natural. It seems to cover just enough without looking like I'm wearing makeup. If only Palladio could come up with a yellow based shade this would be a perfect 10 for me.

I have used this for years and found this to be a reliable everyday foundation that offered good fast coverage didn't break me out or the bank. I recently bought a new one and was extremely disappointed! Its dark blotchy ugly. A coworker even asked what is on my skin that it looks dark lol. I guess it's time to say goodbye!
Update : because of my stubbornness I baught a lighter shade to see if the would work. Laurel nude is better but not very good coverage. Old formula was matte and had good coverage. Also oxidizes and turns orange.

I find this powder foundation short of perfect but ahead of all the others, and never paid more than $12. Time was could only buy white or pink block of rice powder, and being combo, this was a blessing, so was super excited to see expansion of options. Coverage is achievable building with brush, off our DAMP sponge and buffs out well. Neither matte nor luminous finish, but simply natyral and diffused. Color selection is boon for my pink tones, but probably inadequate. I use light primer well set before application, and find stays color true and in place for office/indoor worker. Screw the high dollar hype. I've tried them all and this feels good, looks great and nominal price.

I have been religiously using the 400 Laurel Nude compact ever since I started wearing makeup in high school, have ALWAYS loved it. This week, however, I went to purchase the same exact product and surprise, it is WAY darker this time around. Did the shades change? Did the formula change? I look ridiculous, all of my other pale skinned friends have noticed the same thing as well. I'm being forced to switch to ANYTHING else, as long as I don't look makeup illiterate every time I slap this incorrect shade on my face. Extremely disappointing, need more pale skin friendly shades out there.

If you happen to be blessed with more melanin than myself, this is a great, inexpensive, (previously) consistently great product. Hopefully they rethink whatever they're doing with their coloring.