Palladio Beauty Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by age: 36-43

4.2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Powder foundations are something of an oddity and for me they're either HG or DR (Death Rattle - go with me on this). There's no middle ground; it's one or t'other. My skin - never the most cooperative entity in the universe to start with - sometimes likes foundation and sometimes doesn't like foundation but instead prefers a powder which provides a touch of coverage.

(My skin also runs the gamut from extremely dry and flaky to oily and greedy but still very sensitive in about 5 seconds flat. Needless to say, we've had our "awkward" moments)

This was an impulse buy by (can I really use "buy by" in a sentence? That just seems so very wrong) my husband who had - bless him - tried to find the Physician's Formula thingy I'd added to the list, failed, and in desperation asked the closest human for advice.

She recommended this powder; she is clearly a Goddess of some sort because without even seeing me she knew what I needed.

The shade is "Ivory Myrrh" and, despite the completely nonsensical name (shockingly nonsensical), it's actually a very pretty light almost-beige shade. It seemed to be a teeny bit more yellow than I'd usually select, but in broad daylight it was actually very natural-looking. When you add a bit of bronzer to the mix your skin looks like it's glowing from the inside out.

Once again though, shades for darker ladies are completely missing and it loses a lippie for that.

In terms of coverage I'd call it medium. It doesn't layer too well, but if you start out with just a touch you can build it up a little bit without it becoming cement cake. Just a little bit.

It does last a decent amount of time too, even without a primer. It's really a handy little option if you want light to medium coverage.

(I can't really categorize this properly because it's neither HG or DR and that flummoxes me)

I have used this for years and found this to be a reliable everyday foundation that offered good fast coverage didn't break me out or the bank. I recently bought a new one and was extremely disappointed! Its dark blotchy ugly. A coworker even asked what is on my skin that it looks dark lol. I guess it's time to say goodbye!
Update : because of my stubbornness I baught a lighter shade to see if the would work. Laurel nude is better but not very good coverage. Old formula was matte and had good coverage. Also oxidizes and turns orange.

***UPDATE 2015 May 6*** I've had to shelve this because it oxidizes when I use sunscreen. I don't know if this varies depending on the sunscreen, but this turns unsightly over the ones I've used: LaRoche-Posay, Lancome Gn-Shield Make-Up Base, and Coppertone Faces. Using a primer over the sunscreen before makeup application only delays the inevitable. After several mortifying incidents, I'm moving on.

[Original Review: 4 stars:
*HG* I love the convenience of a powder foundation. Sadly, mineral foundation is not for me; every brand I've tried magnifies my pores into full-on craters and looks caked on. I've had better luck with dual wet/dry formulas (used dry), but the ones I liked were rather inaccessible (from Korea) or just to pricey for the amount of product per package (Bobbi Brown).

The Palladio is a godsend in so many ways. It takes seconds to apply, evens out redness and mild discolorations, doesn't irritate my hypersensitive skin or clog my pores, and makes me look polished, not made-up. I use a kabuki brush to dust a small amount onto my face before using the included make-up sponge to press the powder into my skin. Then I use the sponge to pat on a little more onto areas that need more coverage. The finish is initially quite powdery, but after a while (15-30 mins, depending on humidity) the product seems to meld with the oils in my skin to produce a smooth, natural finish.

A few caveats:
1. Doesn't really do much in the way of oil control. I have always had really oily skin. Blotting frequently is just second nature, and I have yet to find a product that has made blotting unnecessary. I do have to say that this stands up well to oil and blotting -- meaning, the oil doesn't cause caking or unevenness in the overall finish. I use a sheet of kleenex then touch up if necessary--which is easy because the compact is portable, sturdy, and relatively compact.

2. I have several supersize pores on the sides of my nose, and when I put this on, the powder just seems to just sit around the edges without filling in/concealing. For me, it's usually sufficient to blend lightly with my fingers after about a half hour, and that's only if it occurs to me. Wet application may work for you, though I have never had much luck using dual/two-way cakes in wet form, and for me the beauty of this product is that it is so quick and low-maintenance. If I were as motivated as I used to be, I would probably use this with a good primer.

3. The biggest failing for me is the color selection. I fall somewhere in the NC25-NC30 range, Korean, yellow undertones. I've been using this for about two years in Cypress Beige, and while it's an ok match, this sometimes looks slightly pink. I switched to Everlasting Tan this summer and it's been a good match for my tan, but again, I wish it were more yellow-based.

4. I don't know if this is real or a fluke, but a few months ago I compared my near-empty pan of Cypress Beige to the new one I'd bought and the old one was significantly darker. Either this has a tendency to oxidize in the pan or this was a product inconsistency.

This costs 11-12 dollars, though I usually buy in twos at ulta when they have BOGO1/2 promotions. I think each one lasts me about 6-7 weeks. YMMV depending on how you use it. I _can_ say this lasts me significantly longer than the Bobbi Brown dual (illuminating something) for a fraction of the price.

This is my everyday foundation, for pretty but natural skin. When I need perfection, I still turn to my MUFE F&B, but seriously, I love not having to dirty my fingers putting on makeup every single day. ]

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I like this product. I don't wear make-up every day. But on the occasion to I need to "dress" up for a company dinner. I use this. It covers heavier when wet and lighter when dry. My lines and open pores don't show IF I use a primer first. Blends well when I highlithg and contour my face.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Should've trusted my gut on this one. I thought I would experiment with using a cream to powder foundation, but it just didn't work out for me. I can see why so many people have written glowing reviews of this product -- it applies easily & smoothly, it doesn't cake, the packaging is fantastic, and the formula is lightweight and silky. But that's where the love stops for me. First, I couldn't really find a good shade (I'm fair/warm, NC20-25). I bought the Laurel Nude shade, but I was left with a darkish pinky-peachy cast all over my face. It also made my face itch (and I don't even have sensitive skin). Must be the talc? I ended up washing it all off because I couldn't stand it. Too bad for me -- I love the concept of this product and was hoping I could make the switch from using messy liquid foundation.

This is the kind of foundation I have been looking for! Lite on the skin, coverage looks smooth & natural & can be applied with the damp or dry sponge. A powder & foundation in one step! You can also use this over your favorite foundation for added oil control. Packaged like a pressed powder with a sponge in the bottom compartment. This makes your skin appear smooth, pore less & even toned. Bought it at Sally's Beauty Supply.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Awesome product! Super-easy to apply, and coverage can be adjusted as necessary. If I have a "blemish", I dampen a corner of the sponge, dab it in the powder and apply to that spot, then blend. So for me, it's really a foundation/powder/concealer all in one. Oh, and it has never irritated my very sensitive (mild rosacea) skin. HG!

the lightest color Laurel Nude is perfect for me. using it wet gives a nice finish but i find it that using it dry is great for everyday wear. so far it hasn't looked cakey or too powedery and I'm pretty happy with it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Add me to the list of people that LOVE this foundation! I got Laurel Nude for my NW20 skin. I have used MAC mineral foundation, Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse, Revlon ColorStay, Alima Pure and by far this is my favorite. I apply the foundation dry with my kabuki brush, and can get amazing coverage that way without looking too over the top (essential for my conservative workplace). I am sold on this!!

Changing my review to a 3. After wearing this for a while, I notice that it settles into my lines, and I don't like that! Will keep for weekend wear when I want a lighter foundation, or even just powder. But I am going back to my Alima foundation for the work week...

I dont even want to write this review in fear of having to do an update tomorrow that says it broke me out....cross my fingers that won't happen. This stuff is amazing, I mean WOW!!! I bought in cypress beige which is a perfect match for my 1.5 complexion which gets fairly tan in the summer. My complexion looks flawless, so simple to apply...hot hot hot here and no budging....I used it dry and love it so much I don't know what the advantage of wet would be, maybe I will try but for now I am completely satisfied. I am so tired of paying $$$$ for make up that only does an okay job. Read reviews on this last year and have put off buying until now. Really, I can't imagine someone being disappointed in this unless it breaks you out....