Palladio Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 36-43

3.9

This is the kind of foundation I have been looking for! Lite on the skin, coverage looks smooth & natural & can be applied with the damp or dry sponge. A powder & foundation in one step! You can also use this over your favorite foundation for added oil control. Packaged like a pressed powder with a sponge in the bottom compartment. This makes your skin appear smooth, pore less & even toned. Bought it at Sally's Beauty Supply.

the lightest color Laurel Nude is perfect for me. using it wet gives a nice finish but i find it that using it dry is great for everyday wear. so far it hasn't looked cakey or too powedery and I'm pretty happy with it.

I really like the fact that this has no fragrance and has a very smooth texture--I haven't used it wet, just dry over primer or foundation (I've used the Palladio herbal foundation primer, Philosphy's the Present, Smashbox's SPF 15 primer, and others, and Tarte ReCreate Foundation in Porcelain), and it covers well on the initial pass of the sponge (about a medium coverage). My complaint, like others, is the shade variety...the lightest, Laurel Nude, is just a touch too dark for my liking, but when I use it as a powder alone without foundation underneath, it seems to blend in nicely. Like the coverage and minimizing of pores, has a velvety texture and doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything. I think this covers way better than MAC's Studio Fix (I'm NC15). I did have to touch up my t-zone midday (about 4-5 hours after applying), but I live in hot, humid South Florida, so I didn't expect otherwise. Like the case and the sponge, unlike others. Pleased and will likely repurchase and will try with a brush to see if that changes anything.

This is a really, really nice powder. It has a creamy, finely milled texture. I tried it wet with the sponge that came with it - awesome. I have been using it as a setting powder and it adds an extra layer of coverage that makes everything look even and smooth. It is pretty transfer resistant and lasts. It has not been the least bit drying.

It beats everything else I have sampled lately from Laura Mercier to Estee Lauder and I believe it is better than the Merle Norman Ultra Powder Foundation I used once upon a time. The best part is the price. The color selection is super limited. I have a have this in Cypress Beige and feel it is a hair dark but as least I don't look washed out. I have only been using this a few days and unless it breaks me out I will continue to purchase. The quality is astounding regardless of the price but it is this type of product that makes me think I should be able to find an amazing foundation without spending upwards of $40.

One word: gross.

This looked like orange mud on my skin. Cakey as all get out and didn't even cover well. Apparently some peeps really love this foundation so if you decide to give it a try just be sure to keep your receipt so you can take this sucker back to Sally's if it looks like ass on you like it did on me.

I've been using this product for years. I can't find around here anymore so I have to order it online. The price is reasonable. I use it dry and it does a nice job of matting my face. I hope the company continues to make it.

This is a wonderful product all around. Shiseido should be ashamed that it can't make a powder foundation as good as this one which is only $10 max. Luckily the Laurel Nude is perfect for me most of the year. If I have a bit of tan it is too light and the next shade down is too pink. That is my one complaint: the color selection. Also, I'm not sure if it has sunscreen but I'm always using a minimum of spf 30 during the winter and use a 50 or 80spf in the summer so it's probably okay. This goes on very smoothly and is a must to keep on hand to cover blemishes, even if you are using a liquid foundation. Just use the sponge to pat some of the powder on top of a pimple/scar and watch it disappear. The packaging is very good and you get a good amount of product for your money. I've repurchased this often and Shiseido has been returned.

UPDATE: I hate this when applied damp w/ a sponge but I LOVE this when used as a setting powder over foundation. It doesn't break me out like it did when I applied wet.

In order to get the coverage I need I had to use alot of this. I dampened the sponge first and applied. It went on very sheer at first. It is definately buildable but can look cakey! The only color that was in my range was laurel nude and it was a tad too dark. There is very narrow color selection. This did help control some oil but is no miracle product. I can't say I am impressed. I do like the blotting papers and the rice powder however. When I bought this I went in looking for the concealer but my Ulta didn't carry that product so I figured I'd try this. It was only $10 so I don't feel too ripped off. I'll finish what I have but won't repurchase.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Turns orange.

This is a really good pf. I use the lightest color and it isn't as good as my hg smashbox petal, but the price is soooooo good and the color isn't bad. I use this as my everyday pf. I use a brush to apply. Covers nicely. No problems.