Palladio Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 30-35

4.2

I've never written a review before but this is the best foundation I've ever used! It covers all of my blemishes and yet it still looks natural. It also controls my oil throughout the entire day. My favorite part is how quickly is takes to apply!

I just bought my fourth pan of this foundation - it is the best. I have pale skin with cool undertones and almost nothing matches, but this does. I also agree with other reviewers who say this goes on a little powdery. It does, but if you buff it in a little with a good flat-topped brush it will set to a really nice finish in about 30 minutes - just about the time it takes to finish up your face, grab breakfast, take out the dog, and leave for work! I hate the way liquid foundations feel and this is such a nice alternative - my HG.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Wow. Honestly, that's all I can say about this foundation. I'm NC/W15 (basically I can wear cool or warm shades). I have used this product wet and dry. I use the retractable kabuki brush from Ecotools to apply dry. I mainly wear it dry because my skin is good and this gives you a more sheer coverage. It lets my freckles shine through :) My skin looked as if it had been airbrushed and it stayed that way for hours. However, I did a makeover on my sister who has really bad, ruddy skin and used this wet with the sponge included. I have pics in my profile of her before and after. Seriously, check them out. Used wet, the coverage is medium-heavy but it doesn't look like she's wearing makeup. It's amazing. I have this in shade 400 Laurel Nude and it is a perfect match. This has replaced ALL of my other foundations, including Bobbi Brown Skin and the entire MAC line of foundations. There is nothing better. For $9.99, you can't go wrong. You can buy this at Sally's or ULTA. I don't know of any other stores that carry this brand.

I've heard others say they love the foundation but they had a hard time finding a good color match and that it could possibly oxidize on oily skin, so if you're oily, you may want to use a mattifying primer underneath. I use it over Weleda Skin Food and Neutrogena Healthy Defense Liquid Sunscreen. Thank God for Makeup Alley, otherwise I would've never found this gem. GET IT!!! :)

EDIT: This used to be my HG powder but the recent change in formula is causing me to update my review. I've repurchased this many times over the last few years and I grieve to report it is not what it once was. My shade was "Laurel Nude", the lightest available (I'm NW20). This powder was the old reliable workhorse in my makeup bag. I recently hit pan again and bought a new one at Ulta, as I'd done many times before, only to discover that they had altered the formula and the same Laurel Nude shade is now MUCH darker!! I returned it to Ulta with a heavy heart, but thought perhaps I had gotten a mislabeled compact or something, so I purchased another Laurel Nude from Sally's. Sadly, I found the shade was again much too dark. I compared the new one to the old ones I still had and the difference was almost a full 2 shades darker! I checked the Palladio website and found dozens of unhappy reviews complaining about the same thing. WHY would you do this Palladio??? WHYYY? This no longer works for fair skintones. It's a great loss.

Original review 2011: This is my current HG powder foundation, and I have tried several from all price ranges: Lancome, Dior, Clinique, Smashbox, Illamasqua, CoverFX, Gosh, BE, L'Oreal, Body Shop, Sephora, Nyx, MAC, and probably a few others. I am fair with pink undertones and NOTHING is ever pink/fair enough with full coverage for me. I found this Palladio powder at Ulta for $9.99; the shade Laurel Nude is an excellent match with full and buildable coverage, long-lasting and not cakey (not unlike the texture of the $46.00 dior powder foundation which had a lovely texture and coverage but terrible shade selection for me). It could be a touch pinker for me but I am not complaining. It does not oxidize either, which some of the others I tried did (Lancome and Clinique especially). I have only used it dry, but I like the vented chamber for the little sponge that would allow it to dry if it was used wet. Very happy and have already purchased a 2nd compact so I can have one at home and one in my purse. LOVE.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Merle Norman's Luxiva Lasting Foundation has always been the HG foundation for my ultra-oily, acne-prone skin. Unfortunately, it carries a hefty price tag and has become more than my budget can handle, so I trolled the MUA boards in search of a cheaper alternative.

I am delighted to have found this incredible product. I purchased it in Laurel Nude and iIt matches my NW20 skin perfectly. I prefer to use it wet, which allows me to build coverage without ever looking cakey or fake. Unlike almost every other foundation I've wasted money on, it does not oxidize at all, even at the end of a 9-hour workday. I set it with Palladio's translucent rice powder, which helps to keep the oil at bay and the makeup looking fresh all day long. I do still have to blot mid-afternoon, but with my skin, that's inevitable with any foundation.

So far I have only used it wet. Using it wet seems to provide thicker coverage, which I need for my blemished skin and redness. As much as I love Merle Norman's Luxiva, this is just as good and costs less than half the price. Thanks to all of you on MUA for the great recommendation!

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love this.

I honestly never wear liquid foundations anymore. I've found, though, that on days I want a bit more coverage than I typically get out of BE Matte, this is my HG. It's cheap, too, which is nice.

The packaging is sturdy and I like that there's a separate compartment for the sponge. I only ever use it for random mid-day touchups, though.

I have used this dry for the most part, but I'll ocassionally wet a bit of the sponge and use it wet as a concentrated concealer. It's fantastic.

My one gripe is that there just aren't a ton of shades. I'm lucky that I fit into the very narrow selection of shades fairly well, but I'd love to see a full span of colours become available for such an awesome product.

I just bought this product and I love it! I was looking for a powder/foundation that is light but covers well. I have oily skin which breaks out once in a while. I am also very sensitive to a lot of products out there, so I have to read the ingredients every time i purchase something for my face or hair.This product took care of the shine and did not irritate my skin!

I love this powder. I only use it in the dry form over my other makeup. I have a naturally oily T-zone and it helps to absorb without making my face all chalkey or cakey.

I was looking for a reasonably priced substitute for my beloved Shiseido Smoothing powder foundation, which I reserve for special occasions because of the high price. I read the rave reviews for Palladio here and ran out to Sally's to give it a try. I'm not disappointed. The coverage is very good. The shade selection leaves something to be desired, but I found a decent match in the lightest shade for winter and the third lightest for summer. The second lightest shade is way too pink for my fair, yellow-toned complexion. I apply this with my Sonia Kashuk powder brush and achieve a great natural look with light to medium coverage. If I need additional coverage, I use the sponge included in the compact. Once this "sets," it gives a nice, dewy finish without being oily on my combination skin. If I do notice too much shine, I dust with a bit of silica powder. I often still use a bit of concealer on my stubborn red spots, but I typically do that no matter what foundation I use. I find the staying powder of this foundation to be pretty good. Overall I consider this a great find. It's a suitable everyday foundation.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Broke me out and accentuated my already gigantic pores! Oily-skinned folks beware!