Palladio Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 25-29

3.9

I wanted to use this product for a little bit before I gave a review to see what it could do for me. I love it! It's officially my new powder. You can just tell its non-comedogenic and made with fine, natural products. It never breaks me out, and isn't cakey. One complaint I have is at Sally's, it's hard to test our your color. At the store, the colors all looked very similar which was odd. Finally, I settled on Cypress beige 402 and it works perfect for me and blends in my Asian skin! For around $10, you really can't beat it and I'm recommending it to all my friends.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a really good wet/dry foundation. I am in between NC15-NC20 MAC, I got Lauren Nude 400 and it works perfect! Most dual powder foundations don't work this well! The surface of the powder never hardens when you use a damp sponge on it repeatedly, which is my first kudos. You get as much coverage applying this dry as you do when applying wet, so it's pretty impressive. I find the staying power, is obviously better when applying wet. It feels masky for a split second when applied damp, but this dries to a soft powdery, lightweight finish. When you apply this damp it appears a bit orange or pink for a few seconds, but it dries down so soft and blends into my neckline. This is full coverage, and looks great in natural lighting, & photos. Much better then the previous dual powder foundation I used in the past (Lancome) at a fraction of the price, without the stinky rose smell. This keeps me pretty matte all day, doesn't look cakey, doesn't have any weird smell. I have combo/oily /acne prone skin, my mom has normal/dry skin and we both can wear it with positive results. I did notice a few pimples in areas I normally don't get with this foundation, but it could be because I used the same sponge for 2 weeks without washing. I ordered this online from sallys, it was packed well, and cost like $8. I am so happy with the results, this is my first "natural rice" foundation as the compact says. Laurel Nude is a very flattering shade! In person, the boxes trick you with the powder's color. They have generic stickers that represents each color, and 3 boxes of the same color could have 3 very different undertones/colors on the sticker swatch. Don't go by the sticker, open up the box or get mua color recs. A must try. I don't even wear under eye concealer when I use this powder dry or wet. Full coverage for under $10 is a steal! 1 step product right here, and I love it!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

MY HG concealer. I have been using this compact for the last three years. It's herbal and contains zinc which is great for acne prone skin. You have the option of wet for more coverage and dry for a lighter finish. Helps fight breakouts and has great coverage. Strongly recommend!

I purchased this product recently on quest to find my HG foundation. I wasn't expecting much; the only product from Palladio that I previously used was the rice paper blotting sheets (love these!). What a pleasant surprise this foundation is! I wish I had found it earlier because I've spend a lot of money over the years trying to find something that didn't make my sensitive skin breakout and looked "natural." This foundation allows me to get a natural "airbrushed" (I NEVER thought I'd achieve that with any product, by the way) finish. This product also helps to minimize my pores, which aren't overly large but are certainly not as small as they used to be. I prefer to use this foundation "wet" to get a more medium coverage look and could certainly build it for full coverage. I would say that it masks my imperfections quite well, although I do feel the need to follow up with at least a little bit of concealer for problem areas (under eyes, a pimple here and there, etc). When I first wore this foundation I was in the middle of a major breakout, and this did a good job covering everything. I do not use the sponge that comes with it; rather, I use my Ecotools kabuki brush sprayed with a little of Mac's Fix + and then I apply the foundation. I also set the foundation (and my concealer) with the Palladio loose rice powder (I am doing a review of that next!). It has been humid where I live lately, but I have not been oily at all (I also never thought this would be possible either). My one pet peeve for just about any foundation I've ever used is that they all seemed to settle into the fine lines around my mouth. This doesn't, which is what really solidified this product's wow factor for me. I know some people have been having trouble with getting this to last all day. I haven't had a problem with this, although I do use the Palladio Herbal Primer (another fabulous product). The color selection is limited and colors do seem to have a pink undertone. I am the lightest shade, and I find this matches up quite well (as a reference, I am a NC20 in MAC). Everyone's skin is different, but I would encourage you to at least try it if you are in the market for a new foundation. I've used Bare Minerals, Mineral Hygenics, MAC Mineralize SPF Foundation, Rimmel Stay Matte, Cover Girl Simply Ageless, Revlon Photo Ready (nice finish & coverage, but I'm not into the shimmery look for everyday) and Sally Hansen Your Skin (my favorite LIQUID foundation). In addition to the rice powder, this also works well under my MAC MSF and Cargo Blu Ray powders. I purchased this foundation at Sally Beauty Supply but I believe it is also carried at Ulta stores. I had read these reviews on MUA and a couple on youtube before purchasing.

I'm almost done with my first compact. I love this because it never broke me out nor gave me those tiny white bumps. Gives a great, not too matte finish. Medium coverage, but can be layered. Works best when used with a damp skunk / duo fibre / stippling brush -- gives it an airbrushed look.

i finally got this after passing by it several times in the past. i don't LIKE to wear foundation, but as i'm battling adult acne, i need something that will cover blemishes and scars without looking cakey or orange, that will still feel light, that won't contribute to more breakouts (and at best, will help heal them), and that i can still use once my skin clears...and THIS is IT! for $9.99, it's a steal. i got 400 Laurel Nude -- it's the lightest shade availabe. i love the packaging -- sleek and compact. i wore this when i went to Disney a few days ago, applied wet where i need the most coverage; the results were fabulous! the makeup never sweated off, the coverage was full but natural, and i never even felt like i was wearing makeup! i also invested in the rice powder blotting papers by the same company, but i didn't even need one while wearing this foundation! it absorbs oil so well, and my skin actually seems to be clearing up quicker than i expected! GO GET THIS STUFF!

EDIT: months later, and i STILL love this stuff! after getting a bit of sun on my face, though, i found that Laurel Nude was a little too pale for me (and that's odd, because i'm VERY fair), so i grabbed #401 Ivory Myrrh... which is slightly darker than i need if applied wet... but i apply the product with a big fluffy powder brush, and it's PERFECT! the effect is a lighter coverage, but with the same great benefits of applying it as an actual foundation.

for all the pale girls who've found Laurel Nude too dark: try applying it with a big huge fluffy powder brush, so the product doesn't go on quite so heavy. you might be pleasantly surprised continued >>

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I had a great experience with it today. I was at work running around from 7am-10pm and still feel like it had staying power. I could've used a quick touch-up, but I didn't look nearly as tired and icky as I felt! (for ONCE!) ha, ha.

I bought the lightest shade - 400 (Laurel Nude I think) I'm quite pale (PPP), Ivory in CG Aquasmooth, Warm Ivory/Porcelain in Bobbi Brown

Playing around when I first got it, I tried half my face with it dry and a brush and half wet with the sponge -I think it goes on sheer and you can build it, which is nice. I feel like my face is drier with each passing day so I get a little flaky putting it on dry with a sponge.

In the end, I ended up using it wet only on my nose, cheeks where I have some redness and then used it dry with a powder brush everywhere else. I don't like a really heavy makeup look, so i love that this gives me more coverage where I need it, but a more sheer look elsewhere if I want it. I've never had a HG foundation before... what a feeling!

I think the sponge that comes with it smells REALLY bad, and may just use another one. This is my only beef with the product - otherwise the compact is very nice.

Found mine at Sally's $9.99 - definitely try it! It would be nice to have had a tester, though.

LOVE THIS!!!! Very silky and light. Cypress Beige is perfect for summer when I get just a touch darker (even though I avoid the sun). Keeps oiles under control better than studiofix (C3), and it doesn't make me itchy. I have tried it damp with a foundation brush and found that I have to work quickly and it is a touch darker. I think I like it better dry. The packaging is good, with a separate compartment for the sponge. It doesn't seem very expensive at first ($9.00), but there is less than 0.3 oz of product, so I imagine that you'd go through it pretty fast. I do wish there were more shades, since the Cypress Beige will probably be too dark in winter, and Laurel Nude is too light. The Ivory shade is a bit too pink. All in all, I will continue to repurchase throughout the summer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is my favorite powder foundation but I also like to use it as a setting powder/a powder to wear over foundations/BB creams with lighter coverage. I am on the oilier side, especially in my t-zone, and this keep the oil at bay when I wear it. I don't find the finish very matte. It's very natural and skin-like. The packaging is wonderful, with a mirror and a separate compartment for a sponge. It's nice to travel with and to keep it your purse for touch-ups.

I did not give it a fifth lippie for two reasons: I found it confusing to figure out my shade (the names are really deceiving as well) and I don't think there are enough lighter shades. Also, the pan isn't very deep, so I hit pan on this after only a few weeks of continual use.