Palladio Beauty Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination age: 25-29

4.5

I have been using this product for the last couple of weeks, and I cant even express to you how much I love it, but I am going to try. First, the price was a tad bit more than you would spend on a product from the drug store (I got this from Sallys beauty supplies) it was around $12.00, which was comparable and nothing to complain about, especially after you try it and find out how well it works. The actual compact itself and the packaging has both pros and cons. Someone meantiomed that its a bit bulky, which is true, its square and a bit thicker than other powders. I also wished the sold a refill for the little put of product, because it seems like such a waste to have to buy a new one everytime, however- i would also want a new sponge after using all the product, so you may as well just keep re-buying the whole thing. Obviously, you can use this product wet and dry, and the sponge it comes with is another reason why i love this product so much. Its extremely soft, and way more well made than any other compact sponge that i have used. It washes very well, it doesnt fall apart and it goes back to the same soft well made sponge whether you are using it wet OR dry. Another clever and genious thing about this compact is that it splits into two different sections- one for the makeup, one for the sponge... and on the very bottom, there are holes in the compact, so when you put your wet sponge back into place, it allows it to breathe and dry, without staying damp and accruing all kinds of bactiria. I loved that, because I had never seen it before, most compacts after you wash your sponge you have to leave it sit and dry before putting it back in its place. Five stars for that. Onto the actual product, its amazing. It only comes in four or five colors so I was lucku enough to havr an exact match to one of the colors and i dont have to mess with it too much. You can use it wet or dry, so durring the summer when you sweat (which i have already done) that makeup doesnt get gross, and cakey because its made to use either way. I love that! It goes on smoothe, it looks natural, i dont have to use a ton of the product to get the coverage I want, because its a medium coverage already. Honesly, I have gotten away without putting any concealer on, and just applying this on top of my primer because it covers so well. This is my go to from now on, and I will reccomend this product to anyone who wants to use multi-purpose make up... and I will re buy as soon as I am done, and even before then so I can make sure I dont run out... yes! i love it THAT much! <3

I wanted to use this product for a little bit before I gave a review to see what it could do for me. I love it! It's officially my new powder. You can just tell its non-comedogenic and made with fine, natural products. It never breaks me out, and isn't cakey. One complaint I have is at Sally's, it's hard to test our your color. At the store, the colors all looked very similar which was odd. Finally, I settled on Cypress beige 402 and it works perfect for me and blends in my Asian skin! For around $10, you really can't beat it and I'm recommending it to all my friends.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Can't believe I haven't reviewed this before. Lovely smooth powder. Great value. Unfortunately, the lightest shade suits NW20 (Laurel Nude). Its a lovely neutral cool tone. Great coverage. Lasts well. Satin-matte finish.

UPDATE: Still amazed by this foundation. Looks SO NATURAL. medium to high coverage. I love using this under my eyes to conceal, because it is pigmented enough to conceal and the powder means the corrector underneath will not crease. I've used as a finishing powder to add coverage and matte, and I've also used as foundation alone. No complaints. Even the shade Laurel Nude looks natural on, even though it's slightly dark. It's a very soft neutral undertone.

UPDATE 12/15: They changed the shades on this, and now Laurel Nude is like NW25 dark. :/ I can't buy it again...

Wow, this stuff is actually really nice. It's the first powder I've ever used that is undetectable on my skin yet offers great coverage. And no breakouts! I'm about an nc 20 winter and nc 25 summer...the ivory myrrh color is good for summer. I might have to drop down to the lightest for winter. I use this to set my Hard Candy Glamoflage concealer (dont wear foundation). I apply with the Ecotools bronzer kabuki. Definitely recommend you give this one a try. I haven't tried it wet yet to comment on that.

This is my go to powder foundation! I have been using this a year and it doesn't break my skin out, it doesn't make my face feel like its being choked either. I have pretty clear skin that is acne prone and sensitive. If something irritates my face, it will let me know by freaking out and breaking out all over! This makes my skin look flawless. Even tho its a powder, it does not dry my skin out. it might look powdery the first few mins you put it on and then it just becomes one with your skin and looks awesome.

Using it wet for maximum coverage is tricky. wetting the spong and then going in directly in the pan makes the next time using it a pain in the behind. it gets all hard and almost starts to look grayish. So i dont directly add the water to the sponge and then to the pan. What i find that works best is putting a layer on with a dry sponge how you normally apply it, then using a spray bottle with just plain water, spray your face, then add another layer on top. keep doing that til you reached the level of coverage that you want. this way you dont have to wet the foundation itself in the pan causing it to get all hard to use next time.

anyways, i dont know what i would do without this powder, this is HG for me. i think its even better than MAC studio fix powder, i have that but i like this one alot more. =]

For reference, I am NC 25-30, jet black hair.. got Cypress beige for 9 usd in Ulta. As a dry powder, it kinda looked off when i first put it. but when I wet the sponge it made my skin look flawless.

Packaging could be better but at least it has a mirror and for the price, i'd definitely buy again! Wish they'd have more shades to choose from though.

The only time I found a better powder, was when I used a friends to cover up a scab I had and made it look almost invisible, but since the label on hers is worn off and she doesn't remember what it is, I bought Palladio.
This does accentuate wrinkles, however, it accentuates them much less than supposed "wrinkle minimizing" powders I've used. It doesn't accentuate fine lines really, but deeper lines, and if you have eye bags that are a bit lose and saggy it will accentuate those lines. This is the least wrinkle accentuating powder I have ever used. I never really used powders for this reason, except on T-Zones.
I do use this powder everywhere and it's awesome. It doesn't sit on those tiny hairs on the face like other powders do. But a huge bonus is that it minimizes pores! Even dry, it does have the capability of providing medium coverage, since it layers well. I use it on top of my Rimmel Colorstay foundation (medium coverage), and all together I have heavy coverage with a very minimal look!
Tip: For areas with wrinkles, I'll usually dab on water or a tiny amount of moisturizer with a q-tip on my wrinkles to "minimize" the look of them. It's seems to plump up or allow the make-up to settle naturally among them.
I wouldn't use this as the wet foundation on a daily basis. But I would for travelling (since the no-liquids rule! And to carry less). It does provide good coverage, it's just that my foundation stays better and provides better coverage.
BTW: I don't think this coverage will be smooth enough for people over 50, and some people over 40."

This is an ok powder foundation. I have it in Cypress Beige. I took a lippie off because despite this being a pretty good powder foundation I think you're better off getting Maybelline's Dream Matte powder which is cheaper and has a smoother texture.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Really like this product-I normally buy MAC studio fix powder foundation. I didn't want to go to the mall and decided to try this after reading reviews. I apply it wet with the E.L.F. wet & set misting spray on my kabuki brush. It works great! Has good coverage but looks natural, doesn't cake. I buy it @ sallys with my sallys card for about $8.00. Will definatly continue to buy instead of MAC!

I'm in love!
I bought this based solely on the positive reviews on MUA. Had never heard of this or noticed it in store before. I have been a devout powder foundation user for over five years, usually Sephora brand. I decided to give this a try since it was half the cost of the Sephora compact, and I am so glad I did!
I am using the shade Laurel Nude (I am very fair and warm-toned). So far I have only used the compact dry.
Pros:
The finish - Medium coverage. This foundation looks so smooth, so natural, so soft and pretty; it makes my skin look perfect. Never cakey, never mask-like.
The formula - I love the natural/herbal ingredients. The Sephora compact irritated my skin and I highly suspect it made me break out as well. I have been using this for a week and have not had a single new blemish - and I swear my old marks have even started to fade. I do not have any more irritation either! This gentle, natural formula makes my skin happy.
The price - I got it at Ulta for $10. The compact looks kind of small/shallow when you open it but I think it will probably last a good month.
Color - matches almost perfectly (ever-so-slightly pink for my warm-neutral tone but it is really not an issue) and there are several different shades to choose from.
Lasting power - Stays all day and night! I never really need to touch up, it is incredible. I wore it all day long yesterday going off-roading, out on a boat, in the sun and heat, etc. - and then took a nap in it! - and I woke up and it still looked good!
How it feels - Feels great on. Weightless, natural, never like you have makeup on your face. Doesn't itch or irritate.
How it plays with others - Works perfectly well with my bronzer and blush. Nothing turns orange or funny colors.
Cons?
There are none! Seriously, this foundation is AMAZING. Totally an HG for me. If you are considering trying it, do it - you won't regret it!

Update 5/29/12: Still using, and loving, this foundation. I have tried it wet, but prefer it dry (although the difference in coverage is minimal) and would recommend that anyone using it dry applies it with a kabuki/bronzer brush, rather than with the sponge it comes with. This gives it a softer finish and makes it last even longer than applying with the included sponge.

Update 8/21/13: My review is so deeply buried among them on here I doubt anyone will ever read this update, but I just want to say that I am still loyally using and loving this phenomenal foundation! It's still the best I've ever tried (I've tried a few new ones since I started using this - just to see, you never know - but always come back to it!) and I really think anyone who loves powder foundations should try it because you will probably fall in love too.

Updated Dec. 2013: I'm sad to report that either my skin has changed or their shade formulation has been tweaked, as this is now showing up a little too pink for my liking on my skin. The lightest shade was never a perfect match for me, but it was close enough. Nowadays though, after years of use, something has changed. I still think this is a great foundation, but I wish their color selection was broader and had more tone options. I've moved on to something else.