Palladio Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 25-29

3.9

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is my favorite powder foundation but I also like to use it as a setting powder/a powder to wear over foundations/BB creams with lighter coverage. I am on the oilier side, especially in my t-zone, and this keep the oil at bay when I wear it. I don't find the finish very matte. It's very natural and skin-like. The packaging is wonderful, with a mirror and a separate compartment for a sponge. It's nice to travel with and to keep it your purse for touch-ups.

I did not give it a fifth lippie for two reasons: I found it confusing to figure out my shade (the names are really deceiving as well) and I don't think there are enough lighter shades. Also, the pan isn't very deep, so I hit pan on this after only a few weeks of continual use.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was very excited about this powder foundation, because I love wearing powder makeup. After some good and some bad mineral foundations, I tried this. The first few minutes (dry application/powder brush) are weird with this, it is very chalky and obvious and awful. Give it five minutes and it soaks up natural oils and looks amazing. Nice evening of tone but light coverage. Loved this aspect.

However, this made me break out like CRAZY. I experimented on and off with this, and made sure I had super clean brushes, and still had just the most angry skin for the days following occasional usage. It's disappointing, because this is the finish and method I like, but this is causing way more problems than it can cover up.

I wanted to use this product for a little bit before I gave a review to see what it could do for me. I love it! It's officially my new powder. You can just tell its non-comedogenic and made with fine, natural products. It never breaks me out, and isn't cakey. One complaint I have is at Sally's, it's hard to test our your color. At the store, the colors all looked very similar which was odd. Finally, I settled on Cypress beige 402 and it works perfect for me and blends in my Asian skin! For around $10, you really can't beat it and I'm recommending it to all my friends.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Can't believe I haven't reviewed this before. Lovely smooth powder. Great value. Unfortunately, the lightest shade suits NW20 (Laurel Nude). Its a lovely neutral cool tone. Great coverage. Lasts well. Satin-matte finish.

UPDATE: Still amazed by this foundation. Looks SO NATURAL. medium to high coverage. I love using this under my eyes to conceal, because it is pigmented enough to conceal and the powder means the corrector underneath will not crease. I've used as a finishing powder to add coverage and matte, and I've also used as foundation alone. No complaints. Even the shade Laurel Nude looks natural on, even though it's slightly dark. It's a very soft neutral undertone.

UPDATE 12/15: They changed the shades on this, and now Laurel Nude is like NW25 dark. :/ I can't buy it again...

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm impressed. I haven't used a powder foundation in years, and I've never used a wet/dry one. I read reviews online before purchasing, and I figured I wouldn't have much luck with it, like I don't seem to have much luck with ANY foundation these days. I went to Sally's, picked a few things up - including this - and I used it the next day.

I apply it wet, and have never tried applying it dry (so I can't comment on that). The coverage is pretty damn good, and I'm a real stickler for that. This covers as well as or better than my usual go-to heavy coverage foundation: Simply Ageless. I don't need to use concealer anywhere but under my eyes. Keep in mind, though, if you have a huge, red, and inflamed zit... this isn't going to cover it completely. The oil control is meh, hence the 4 not the 5, but I just blot as usual and it's fine. I use the sponge it comes with and haven't had a problem yet. The compartment where the sponge is held is ventilated, so the sponge is always dry the next time I go to use it.

Finding your match (especially if you're not usually on either end of most foundation lines) will probably be a little difficult, since you have no way of seeing the actual color of the foundation until you have it out of the box and opened. They have colors on the boxes, but they are hardly helpful. I am usually within the lightest 2 shades in any given foundation, so I picked the lightest one (laurel nude) and it matches quite well.

I will absolutely repurchase when I run out. I haven't been this impressed by a foundation in years, and I will never spend $20 on a foundation AGAIN!

Edit***

I just applied it dry for the first time, and it has the exact same coverage (maybe even more!!) than applying it wet. Yay! Next up I'll try applying it with a brush... dun dun dun.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a really good wet/dry foundation. I am in between NC15-NC20 MAC, I got Lauren Nude 400 and it works perfect! Most dual powder foundations don't work this well! The surface of the powder never hardens when you use a damp sponge on it repeatedly, which is my first kudos. You get as much coverage applying this dry as you do when applying wet, so it's pretty impressive. I find the staying power, is obviously better when applying wet. It feels masky for a split second when applied damp, but this dries to a soft powdery, lightweight finish. When you apply this damp it appears a bit orange or pink for a few seconds, but it dries down so soft and blends into my neckline. This is full coverage, and looks great in natural lighting, & photos. Much better then the previous dual powder foundation I used in the past (Lancome) at a fraction of the price, without the stinky rose smell. This keeps me pretty matte all day, doesn't look cakey, doesn't have any weird smell. I have combo/oily /acne prone skin, my mom has normal/dry skin and we both can wear it with positive results. I did notice a few pimples in areas I normally don't get with this foundation, but it could be because I used the same sponge for 2 weeks without washing. I ordered this online from sallys, it was packed well, and cost like $8. I am so happy with the results, this is my first "natural rice" foundation as the compact says. Laurel Nude is a very flattering shade! In person, the boxes trick you with the powder's color. They have generic stickers that represents each color, and 3 boxes of the same color could have 3 very different undertones/colors on the sticker swatch. Don't go by the sticker, open up the box or get mua color recs. A must try. I don't even wear under eye concealer when I use this powder dry or wet. Full coverage for under $10 is a steal! 1 step product right here, and I love it!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Ladies DON'T BE FOOLED into thinking this is a DS item sold at Sally's/ulta for $10 because its really costing you $36---> WTH?!?! Its because this compact is ONLY = 0.28oz vs the average DS/HE foundation/powder that is almost ALWAYS =1.00 oz so to get the same amount ur essentially shelling out wayy more $$$.

For starters, I have normal to dry skin. I look to cover redness mainly, a zit or two & even out my complexion overall with foundations. I do not have acne/scars & still using this dry, gave me such sheer coverage as if I wore translucent powder only. Used wet, yes this covered everything & I was flawless for hrss!!!! Here comes the bad: CAKEY, even withoutt layering. I think the WET part of this foundation is meant for the sponge application to get ANY coverage, the DRY is what your left with--dry, cakey, powdery matte finish. So UN-natural & emphasized ALL my pores. Ofcourse all this was with me staring in the mirror; I checked indoors/outdoors, yellow/white lights, natural/car lights & yup same effects. A couple of feet away & dim lights could work but come on self satisfaction is important too! Why wear mu in the first place, if it isn't.

IF your still interested, for reference I'm NW20, Revlon CS-buff, Sally Hansen by Carmindy-Ecru Beige, L'oreal True Match W2, Maybelline Smooth Mousse-Creamy Natural, Maybelline Matte Mousse-Classic Ivory & matched Palladio-LAUREL NUDE which has pink undertones & is probably best for normal-oily skin IMO.

I'm in love!
I bought this based solely on the positive reviews on MUA. Had never heard of this or noticed it in store before. I have been a devout powder foundation user for over five years, usually Sephora brand. I decided to give this a try since it was half the cost of the Sephora compact, and I am so glad I did!
I am using the shade Laurel Nude (I am very fair and warm-toned). So far I have only used the compact dry.
Pros:
The finish - Medium coverage. This foundation looks so smooth, so natural, so soft and pretty; it makes my skin look perfect. Never cakey, never mask-like.
The formula - I love the natural/herbal ingredients. The Sephora compact irritated my skin and I highly suspect it made me break out as well. I have been using this for a week and have not had a single new blemish - and I swear my old marks have even started to fade. I do not have any more irritation either! This gentle, natural formula makes my skin happy.
The price - I got it at Ulta for $10. The compact looks kind of small/shallow when you open it but I think it will probably last a good month.
Color - matches almost perfectly (ever-so-slightly pink for my warm-neutral tone but it is really not an issue) and there are several different shades to choose from.
Lasting power - Stays all day and night! I never really need to touch up, it is incredible. I wore it all day long yesterday going off-roading, out on a boat, in the sun and heat, etc. - and then took a nap in it! - and I woke up and it still looked good!
How it feels - Feels great on. Weightless, natural, never like you have makeup on your face. Doesn't itch or irritate.
How it plays with others - Works perfectly well with my bronzer and blush. Nothing turns orange or funny colors.
Cons?
There are none! Seriously, this foundation is AMAZING. Totally an HG for me. If you are considering trying it, do it - you won't regret it!

Update 5/29/12: Still using, and loving, this foundation. I have tried it wet, but prefer it dry (although the difference in coverage is minimal) and would recommend that anyone using it dry applies it with a kabuki/bronzer brush, rather than with the sponge it comes with. This gives it a softer finish and makes it last even longer than applying with the included sponge.

Update 8/21/13: My review is so deeply buried among them on here I doubt anyone will ever read this update, but I just want to say that I am still loyally using and loving this phenomenal foundation! It's still the best I've ever tried (I've tried a few new ones since I started using this - just to see, you never know - but always come back to it!) and I really think anyone who loves powder foundations should try it because you will probably fall in love too.

Updated Dec. 2013: I'm sad to report that either my skin has changed or their shade formulation has been tweaked, as this is now showing up a little too pink for my liking on my skin. The lightest shade was never a perfect match for me, but it was close enough. Nowadays though, after years of use, something has changed. I still think this is a great foundation, but I wish their color selection was broader and had more tone options. I've moved on to something else.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

ugh. nice finish but turns orange. I think if there were just a few more color choices, perhaps one with a blue/green tone that neutralized the orange, this would be a great product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I purchased this following my stint with studio fix. I was looking for an alternative to mac because it was breaking me out and leaving my face greasy halfway through the day. So I did some researching online and came across makeupalley. I read that this was a good alternative to studio fix... And it was! I've been using the shade laurel nude on and off for five years before I discovered mineral makeup. This is a good powder. Mostly used it dry but I like that you can use it wet as well. Color selection is limited but luckily I found a good match in laurel nude. Coverage is medium but buildable and goes on silky and smooth. Covers well and I love the sponge but mostly use a powder brush to apply. My only gripe is you hit pan pretty quickly and touchups are required if you have combo skin like me. However I think a primer might fix that problem. All in all a decent makeup that's relatively unknown but a nice little product. I'll be seeing you in my future Palladio.