Palladio Beauty Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination age: 19-24

4.3

I have been religiously using the 400 Laurel Nude compact ever since I started wearing makeup in high school, have ALWAYS loved it. This week, however, I went to purchase the same exact product and surprise, it is WAY darker this time around. Did the shades change? Did the formula change? I look ridiculous, all of my other pale skinned friends have noticed the same thing as well. I'm being forced to switch to ANYTHING else, as long as I don't look makeup illiterate every time I slap this incorrect shade on my face. Extremely disappointing, need more pale skin friendly shades out there.

If you happen to be blessed with more melanin than myself, this is a great, inexpensive, (previously) consistently great product. Hopefully they rethink whatever they're doing with their coloring.

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! It stays on all day. You can use it dry for light coverage or wet the sponge for a heavier coverage. I have used it every day for a little over 3 months and about ready for a new one. Sally Beauty and Ulta both carry it.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I don't even know where to start with this freaking sexy work of art! It has taken me years to find something as great as the Maybelline mineral power pressed powder which was sadly discontinued and left me heartbroken. This stuff has exceeded my expectations dramatically. It is better than the Maybelline I mentioned above and I never thought I would be able to say that! If you use this dry and alone you get medium coverage. On top of foundation dry you get full coverage. And finally if you use this wet you get full coverage. I'm on my fourth compact and just tried it wet a couple weeks ago. It worked so well dry that I didn't feel the need to until I was running late for work and forgot my foundation at home. I was amazed at how great it looks wet! It's not heavy or cakey and covers every blemish or imperfection I have. I use the lightest shade (laurel nude) and it matches well. I wouldn't say exact because I'm fair & cool and this has some warmth to it but it's dangerously near perfect! It's matte but if I'm needing some shimmer or looking too warm I will dust some Maybelline fit me powder in porcelain 110 on and I'm good to go. This will last me all day at work (8 hours typically) but staying power is different for everyone. I touch up depending on my oil and sweat production that day. It controls oil very well and will last through sweat. This is about $12 bucks at Sally's Beauty Supply but I get it a little cheaper because I have a pro card. So worth the money! Definitely try this and if you don't like it for some reason you can return it just keep the receipt! Packaging is awesome and the sponge is incredible unlike most that come with powders. It has air holes in the bottom of the container to prevent bacteria growth and let the sponge dry which is fab. Hope I helped!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this compact powder sooo very much!!! It definitely controls my oily skin and makes it look flawless! I also love the fact that you can buy refills for when you run out.(I'm gonna have to, because I've hit pan) This is my HG powder!

**Update*** Used this wet for the first time today, and boy oh boy does this stuff cover up imperfections! My skin stayed flawless and oil free for most of the day (I have suuper oily skin) I won't be going back to my other foundations!!!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this on a whim at my Ulta a few days ago and I am very impressed! I was looking for something that could help my skin...I used Revlon's photoready foundation for a few weeks straight and my skin developed a horrible allergic reaction from prolonged exposure. I had ugly little bumps everywhere! They were not pimples, I have no idea what they were...but they were itchy. This has actually helped tremendously in clearing them up and i've only been using this for like 2 days! It's amazing! My boyfriend hates the smell of minerals so I can't use any kind of mineral based face products, this takes the cake for a "good for you" foundation. I actually like this stuff better than Photoready, it makes my skin look even more flawless AND it stays put longer! Our car broke down on the side of the road and we were in 100+ texas heat for several hours. I was sweaty and I was expecting to look like a wreck...my skin looked amazing! I decided to give this the true test today and wore it to work out...I was super sweaty and again I was expecting a melty face...but...my face looked perfect! I was sad to take my after-workout shower because my face still looked so pretty! This not only makes my face look great all day, my face feels nice to the touch and this doesn't transfer. This is great used either wet or dry, with the sponge, or with a brush. However you apply, it is just dreamy all over. I hate to say anything negative about the photoready foundation...but this is just so much better. I don't even need primer. I have oily skin by the way!
EDIT: 6/30/2012: My skin started to adjust to this makeup from wearing it everyday, and I wasn't getting the amazing results I was used to! This works best if you switch up your foundation routine every couple of days so your skin can't adjust to it! Still love this, just thought this would help!

I have sensitive finicky skin. When I saw the first ingredient was talc, I was a little apprehensive. I looked up the reviews in store and found great things so I figured I would give it a shot. I hoped it wasn't like NYX's powder foundation since that caused the white bumpies and oxidized like crazy. To my surprise Laurel Nude was a perfect match 100%. I always have used more warm toned foundations/powders because of my yellowy undertone and was kind of on the fence because this looked slightly peachy. I was so happy with how good it looked, how nicely it covered, everything. It has yet to cause any negative effects on my face, but I'll update my review in about a week or so.

As of right now, this is neck and neck with my Urban Decay Surreal Skin for my HG. It actually is a tad bit higher on the scale since it seems to cover better. Who knows, this could be it!

EDIT: It's been five days! No cases of the white/red bumpies & no cystic acne spots! The only thing I've had here & there were the little oil bumps that all of us oily girls experience. After I washed my face at night & applied my witch hazel they were gone in the morning. I'm in love with this powder foundation. Today I buffed it on with my medium sized E.L.F powder brush, and went around my eyes with my E.L.F foundation brush; it looks awesome. Covered everything up that I needed to & still looks natural. I HAVE HIT THE PAN! In 5 days. But, it's just in one corner & there's still plenty left. I could see this powder lasting 1-1&1/2 months. I always thought I was allergic to talc, but clearly that's not true since this product works great & talc is the first ingredient. Learn something new everyday (:

If you can get your hands on it, BUY IT!

EDIT: This started to cause oil bumps on my chin, even though it's oil free... womp womp. I also noticed that the shade darkens throughout the day which leads me to believe that it oxidizes. About 2 hours after application my skin looked so pinky. I never really noticed before, but I had a zit (oil bump) so I was in the mirror 24/7 making sure it was hidden. I guess my search continues.

Love, love, love this powder! Been using this for about 3 yrs now. Coverage is absolutely perfect! I used to put concealer, but with this powder, you can just apply it on and you're good to go. Doesn't cake, and doesn't make me break out,too. I normally don't break out but whenever I get a pimple or two, this seems to make it go away much faster! This is waaaayyy better than MAC and all the other high end foundations I've tried.

I am far from a beauty product snob, but I would never think to buy makeup from Sally's. I buy lots of stuff there, but that'd never be it. However this is a damn good foundation. For one thing, the color "laurel nude" is a great match for my cool toned skin, I'm pretty pale but not white and it isn't too pale for me, nor too dark, and it's actually cool toned! When you have as cool skin as mine you have to fight tooth and nail to find anything that matches acceptably. I can't comment on wet, I've only applied it dry with my ELF studio flat top powder brush. Applying this dry, don't expect heavy coverage - it's great for people who want a natural, lighter foundation look like I do. It even wears gracefully on my oily areas (however I've noticed if you put on too much it doesn't wear nearly as well). Oh, and it doesn't sit on top of your skin and make you look chalky. Just even toned, your skin but way better. It's really a great powder. I'm on my 4th repurchase.

I am so intensely thankful for MUA, because otherwise I would have never even considered picking this powder up.
At first I used W/D fdtn with the ELF flat top brush and buff it into my face. It lasted all day and provided light to medium coverage. The only thing was that it really emphasized my dry patches; and the color while matched my face nicely, was slightly more neutral compared to my neck. Then I tried the powder wet. I applied my moisturizer with a sponge, and then used the same sponge to apply the powder onto my skin. Perhaps the leftover moisturizer in the sponge made the powder creamier, but it blended so nicely into my skin. I get a super nice coverage, and this is when my skin reacted badly to a chemical I was working in lab at the time. It gave me this satiny matte finish, and you still can see my skin texture peeping through. Overall I was very pleased, even my boyfriend complimented on how nice my skin looked that day.
I am NC 25 -30 in MAC and I use Cypress Beige. Now the powder matches very nicely with both my face and my neck, probably because my skin can't keep a tan and I am getting paler. It also comes with a decent sponge for touch up and a nice mirror in a sturdy packaging, meaning that the powder won't shatter in my backpack. Yes and the powder doesn't break me out. I will buy the powder again when I am finish with this one :)

Edit 1/31/2013: Time for math!!! I am listing the price per ounces of several powder foundations that I have tried and why is this is a good choice if the moon and the stars align and the fdtn matches your skin color. All prices are calculated based on the brand websites or the websites of the store where I get them.

Palladio Wet/ Dry Foundation: $ 10.99/ 0.28 oz = $39.25/ oz
MAC Blot Powder: $ 25/ 0.40 oz = $59.52/ oz
MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation: $ 27/ 0.52 oz = $51.92/ oz
MAC Mineralised Skin Finish Natural: $ 30/ 0.35 oz = $85.71/ oz
MUFE Duo Mat Powder Foundation: $34/ 0.35 oz = $97.14/ oz
Lorac POREperfection Bake Powder $33/ 0.32 = $103.13/ oz
Milani The Multitasker: $6.99/ 0.37 oz = $ 18.89/ oz

No, Palladio Wet/ Dry foundation is not the cheapest among DS fdtn, actually it is probably the most expensive one but for the coverage, finish and ease of using I think it is absolutely worthy.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Great! ive been using it for a few months and i have very sensitive skin, it works wonders, no breakouts or redness, im a big fan of the rice powder too! its soothing, not to expensive and healthy for the skin full of natural ingredients. I havent tried it wet, but dry it has a good enough coverage. Have a lovely day and happy makeup exploring!.