Palladio Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by age: 18 & Under

3.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Makes your skin look worse than it did before! I really found nothing good in this foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have pretty much the worst skin ever. Very acne-prone and extremely sensitive, so most foundations either break me out or give me a rash, which is no fun. This foundation is a godsend for me. It isn't full coverage but it evens out my redness and camouflages my breakouts while still letting my skin breathe. I've been using for 3 months now and I've completely thrown away ever other foundation I've tried. I go through it very quickly and am on my second compact in 3 months, but for $6, that isn't a problem at all. My only problem with it is the sponge, which can get really gross and germy fast, and is ineffective. I use a powder foundation brush instead and just flat out throw away the sponge.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

It covers nicely, but there were a few cons: doesn't last very long, broke me out, and only comes in a few shades and is hard to match to skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I was hoping I would like this foundation but I just couldn't make it work for me.
Pros: not cakey, easy to apply, really nice packaging
Cons: It's pretty expensive, it doesnt control oil, it melts off my face easily (because of my oil), the coverage isnt too great, the lightest color looked orange on me, and it oxidized. Whew, I sure sound like a Debbie Downer!

I can see this working a heck of a lot better for ladies with more normal skin, but for me with my oil slick of a face it just didnt work. Ive only ever worn it dry so i might try applying it wet and update. But for now I'm sticking with my Maybelline Purestay!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

First off, this powder foundation can be worn alone or as a finishing powder. If used as a finishing powder, you'll get some extra coverage, too! So onto my experience: I've been using the shade Neroli Bronze for my medium/tannish skin. It gives a matte finish that looks natural. The coverage if light. If you have very slight discoloration, it will even it out nicely, however it will not work for people with acne or acne marks, because of the sheer coverage.
You'll have to use a concealer under it for coverage and you can set it with this powder and it'll look absolutely gorgeous! But if you like more fuller coverage foundations, this is not the one for you. It is for people with fairly good skin.
For me, I use concealer for my dark circles and spot marks and then I put this on top and my skin looks gorgeous and even.
You can use it wet if you want more coverage, but I don't like the idea of putting a damp sponge into the powder and then dipping it back in if I need more. Not too sanitary.
It doesn't last very long though, and my skin tends to feel a little bit greasy after a while, even though I do NOT have oily skin. I'd give it 6 hours till it starts looking bad. I took off a lippie for those two cons.
But, overall, it's a good powder foundation and I'd recommend it to anyone who needs a cheap powder that they don't need to wear all day long :) OH, AND DON'T FORGET TO PRIME! ^_^

Pros:
-makes skin look even
-wakes up the skin
-the coverage is good for a powder

Cons:
-doesn't last long
-skin gets greasy after a few hours of wear.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The color selection is horrible. I'm pretty pale and the lightest shade is orangey-pinkish. It looks like I'm wearing powder and doesn't cover that well. It looks very un natural. I wouldn't buy again.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really like this! I ended up getting this for free; I had a $5 off of $10 coupon at Ulta, and it was on sale for $4.99. I usually use Revlon Colorstay but its a little heavy for everyday, so I grabbed this remembering it got good reviews on here. Beautiful coverage and finish on my combo, extra sensitive skin, plus no irritation! I got it in cypress beige, and while it could be a bit more yellow, it still looks good in natural light. I think the neutrality of the foundation helps me pull off more colors too.

EDIT: This is my new HG. All of my little clogs that have plagued me forever are GONE. Liquid foundation was probably the culprit. No new big bumps either! I have gotten compliments on my skin for the first time in a while. This can go on a little powdery but in about half an hour it sets to the most natural, beautiful satiny finish while still covering!

Okay I don't love to come on here and slam cosmetics but this truly deserves it. The concept of being able to use wet or dry is interesting and it would be good if it actually worked but this just wasn't doing it for me. I tried using it wet but it made my combination skin look super oily and gross. I tried to give it another chance by using it dry but it didn't provide any good coverage. I did not want to waste it since it was over ten dollars (I usually don't spend over eight bucks on foundation) so I tried to keep using it wet with the sponge provided. The makeup itself did a pretty sucky job and after several uses the sponge completely fell apart. So much for me joining the Palladio Wet/Dry foundation bandwagon. I do love Palladio's lip stains though, so those are worth a try if you haven't given them a chance yet. I will repurchase those but as for this foundation NEVER AGAIN!!!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I really wanted to like this powder, the coverage is great whether its dry or wet, I find applying it dry covers more. It gives a medium to full coverage. The lasting power is amazing if its used alone with no foundation under it. I have a really oily t zone with my nose being the oiliest.I have acne scars on my forehead, and it covers. And I only have to blot after 8 hours. If used with foundation I have to blot after the first 4 hours once. I feel as the day goes on it just slowly wears off. It also broke me out. This is why I will not be purchasing it again. But I did buy the loose powder hopefully it will work out for me.

I was not impressed with this foundation. If you're acne prone and have acne scars like me, It's a good, light to medium coverage powder for summer, but definitely not for the colder months where you normally want heavier coverage. It doesn't do such a great job hiding acne scars either, and using it wet doesn't seem to make a difference. If you're looking for a lighter, less expensive foundation for the summer, this is definitely a good choice. The color selection is pretty lame though I'll have to admit. Since I tend to have pretty sensitive skin and am a beauty health nut, I was really excited to find a herbal, all natural powder that doesn't cost a fortune, but I was sorely disappointed. A good thing to know though is that it didn't break me out or irritate my skin. I will have to see how well it does in the summer. :) Most likely will not be repurchasing.