Palladio Beauty Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

3.9

I agree with jackieskies. I'm in the UK and bought laurel nude from Amazon and loved it. My second purchase a few weeks ago and it's turned horribly pink on my face and sponge. It was so bad that I thought that my previously excellent American retailer had slipped me a fake.

Thanks to Jackie I now know that's not the case, but I can't wear it any more as it looks like I'm trying add a fake tan!

Bitterly disappointed. This quickly became my HG foundation and I feel that it's been snatched away from me. :(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Makes your skin look worse than it did before! I really found nothing good in this foundation.

I have been religiously using the 400 Laurel Nude compact ever since I started wearing makeup in high school, have ALWAYS loved it. This week, however, I went to purchase the same exact product and surprise, it is WAY darker this time around. Did the shades change? Did the formula change? I look ridiculous, all of my other pale skinned friends have noticed the same thing as well. I'm being forced to switch to ANYTHING else, as long as I don't look makeup illiterate every time I slap this incorrect shade on my face. Extremely disappointing, need more pale skin friendly shades out there.

If you happen to be blessed with more melanin than myself, this is a great, inexpensive, (previously) consistently great product. Hopefully they rethink whatever they're doing with their coloring.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is my favorite powder foundation but I also like to use it as a setting powder/a powder to wear over foundations/BB creams with lighter coverage. I am on the oilier side, especially in my t-zone, and this keep the oil at bay when I wear it. I don't find the finish very matte. It's very natural and skin-like. The packaging is wonderful, with a mirror and a separate compartment for a sponge. It's nice to travel with and to keep it your purse for touch-ups.

I did not give it a fifth lippie for two reasons: I found it confusing to figure out my shade (the names are really deceiving as well) and I don't think there are enough lighter shades. Also, the pan isn't very deep, so I hit pan on this after only a few weeks of continual use.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was very excited about this powder foundation, because I love wearing powder makeup. After some good and some bad mineral foundations, I tried this. The first few minutes (dry application/powder brush) are weird with this, it is very chalky and obvious and awful. Give it five minutes and it soaks up natural oils and looks amazing. Nice evening of tone but light coverage. Loved this aspect.

However, this made me break out like CRAZY. I experimented on and off with this, and made sure I had super clean brushes, and still had just the most angry skin for the days following occasional usage. It's disappointing, because this is the finish and method I like, but this is causing way more problems than it can cover up.

Oh My God I love this product. I have acne prone combo skin, oily when it's hot and dry when it's cold. I use this with Cerave PM moisturizer (Put a small amount on a small area of powder and use a foundation brush, not the pad mainly just because it's dirty). I've tried tens of foundations in search of the one that won't make me break out and this is the one. I don't wear foundation everyday, usually just when breaking out badly or when I go out at night. THis doesn't make me break out at all (but maybe if i used it daily it might), it keeps me shine free AND moisturized (use with lotion.. not water if you're dry) and my skin looks beautiful! Matte, not really glowing. Coverage is medium, and alterable. It can go on heavy or light depending on your preference. At first it doesn't look great, but after it sets for ten or fifteen minutes it looks AMAZING for me. HG product!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is my current favorite foundation. I use it dry, because using it wet seems to make my skin feel weird, like it can't breath as well. But since I have changed up my skin care routine and have started birth control, my skin is not as oily and I may need to start wearing it wet to avoid the flaky look. When I use it wet, it seems to use up more of the product, though, which makes me sad ): I like to conserve it as much as possible. I got this when I was mega-breaking out. It doesn't seem to irritate my skin much or cause break outs. I was getting pimples on my forehead and nose, which never happens, with the old foundation I was trying out. Then when I switched to this, those went away. So that's progress. My skin didn't really start healing until I began using Clean and Clear Deep Action Exfoliating Scrub, Stridex Maximum Strength Alcohol Free pads, and Tri-Sprintec, though. But like I said, this doesn't seem to irritate me and that in itself is something awesome. I am fair and use "laurel nude" (or something like that) and it's a terrific match. I have used "buff" in Revlon Colorstay, if that helps. I went through one package of this so far and am on my second one, so maybe I will stay with this for a while. What I do is I use a small, very densely packed make up brush, swirl it around on the powder, and then swirl it around over each individual acne scar on my face as well as on my under-eye circles. I do this to avoid putting make up on skin that doesn't need it, as I feel make up is very irritating for one's skin. Think about it, when did your skin start NEEDING to be covered up? After you got into wearing foundation a lot, I predict. Was your face very bad before you began using foundation a lot? Probably not. I realize there are exceptions to what I am proposing, but I know a lot of people that were that way and I know that I was. People who don't wear make up have phenomenal skin most of the time. Anyway, that's my routine. Hope it helps!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Excellent product. No irritation. Applied dry flawlessly, not powdery, adequate coverage but the lightest color "Laurel Nude" looked muddy on my fair, pink-cheeked NW20 skin.

This is the kind of foundation I have been looking for! Lite on the skin, coverage looks smooth & natural & can be applied with the damp or dry sponge. A powder & foundation in one step! You can also use this over your favorite foundation for added oil control. Packaged like a pressed powder with a sponge in the bottom compartment. This makes your skin appear smooth, pore less & even toned. Bought it at Sally's Beauty Supply.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I don't even know where to start with this freaking sexy work of art! It has taken me years to find something as great as the Maybelline mineral power pressed powder which was sadly discontinued and left me heartbroken. This stuff has exceeded my expectations dramatically. It is better than the Maybelline I mentioned above and I never thought I would be able to say that! If you use this dry and alone you get medium coverage. On top of foundation dry you get full coverage. And finally if you use this wet you get full coverage. I'm on my fourth compact and just tried it wet a couple weeks ago. It worked so well dry that I didn't feel the need to until I was running late for work and forgot my foundation at home. I was amazed at how great it looks wet! It's not heavy or cakey and covers every blemish or imperfection I have. I use the lightest shade (laurel nude) and it matches well. I wouldn't say exact because I'm fair & cool and this has some warmth to it but it's dangerously near perfect! It's matte but if I'm needing some shimmer or looking too warm I will dust some Maybelline fit me powder in porcelain 110 on and I'm good to go. This will last me all day at work (8 hours typically) but staying power is different for everyone. I touch up depending on my oil and sweat production that day. It controls oil very well and will last through sweat. This is about $12 bucks at Sally's Beauty Supply but I get it a little cheaper because I have a pro card. So worth the money! Definitely try this and if you don't like it for some reason you can return it just keep the receipt! Packaging is awesome and the sponge is incredible unlike most that come with powders. It has air holes in the bottom of the container to prevent bacteria growth and let the sponge dry which is fab. Hope I helped!