REVLON Illuminance Creme Shadow Quad - SeaShells

3.1

on 1/23/2011 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

PROS: love the color (Seashells palette) since it's so neutral and close to skin color for people with light shades; no offensive scent; some colors can be mixed to create customized concealers with foundation or used alone as concealers.

The best way to apply this is by first taking the color off on the back of your hand otherwise you will not be able to control the amount of color you want to put on your lid. Extremely buildable, and remains "stuck" on skin till you are ready to remove it. The best part is there are no fall outs and it's easy to blend and apply. It's best to apply in a patting motion as it evenly distributes color onto skin. It creates a soft velvety finish, not powdery looking.

CONS: no SPF; dries to a powdery finish which can become cakey if you build it up too much.

$9.99 CDN b4 taxes @ regular price, but it's often on sale at around $7.99 CDN b4 taxes.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

BEAUTIFUL. The most delightful product I've purchased in a while. They go on SO EASY and if you use them with UDPP and (just to really make them stay) put a similar shadow on top of them, they make for the brightest-eyed look! I couldn't recommend these more. The consistency is creamy and smooth and they'll last you a very long time. i don't advise using them with out a primer, but I do not think the additional e/s on top, is necessary. What a beautiful way to punch up a clean-eyed look!

on 1/13/2008 1:01:00 PM

I have a pallet of shimmery colors in 'ocean' they are lt pink, white, taupe, and li rose. I would do this to one eye first so you can see the effects of all the tips here.

1. Apply a little shimmer right under the brow - makes for an instant wakeup call (IMO)

2. Apply a small amount on the tear duct and side of the nose - be sure to blend it out with the concentration right at the inner tear duct

3. Apply your liner (and smoke out a little) only on 1/2 or 3/4 and out of eye for both top and bottom. Make sure to smudge it out to connect the color on the top and bottom at the outer point of the eye.

I didnt realize how well this worked until the other day I got something in one of my eyes. After I washed all the makeup on only that eye and then looked into the mirror to see what was bothering it... I was like WOW. I am half Asian and have smaller eyes with no lids myself LOL

good luck

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

yes it's true, these do crease. the colors are very light neutrals so the creasing doesn't show up as bad as it probably does for the darker illuminance shadows, but still... my solution to this problem was to just use the shadow on the lid and browbone, and none at all in the crease (or very little). i do like the colors.. usually wore them for a natural daytime look with lots of black mascara.

on 4/22/2007 11:20:00 PM

This is a very lovely palette for daytime. These colors are somewhat sheer and very subtle. There's enough color that you feel "finished" but not so much that it's distracting. In short these are perfect for the office. I sometimes use the pinkish shade under my eyes if my circles are especially dark. It provides just enough sheen to diffuse the look of the darker circle.

I don't have a problem with the shadow creasing, but many MUA reviews do have that issue with the Illuminance shadows so that's something to consider.

on 5/5/2006 7:05:00 PM

I use this set or the Not Just Nudes alot. I have very oily skin. Especially my eyelids. I use a tiny bit of my primer, then finish with a light dusting of Pure Luxe's Radiance powder to set and they don't crease on me at all. The colors are soft and I much prefer a cream to a powder so these work well for me. I don't have to use much at all for them to show up, but my eyelids are naturally white. These will probably last me forever, but would definitely buy new colors if they come out with any.

on 11/19/2005 5:13:00 PM

I bought this combo because of the way it looked on someone else. She was a bit more darker than me, maybe olive skinned and I loved the way it brought out her eyes. When I try it on me it is so blah. The two shimmery colors are nice but the pink and almost grey stone color do nothing and do not even show up. It seems the colors only last if applied to the brow bone. It's confusing as well trying to figure out how to apply these colors and I am not used to using my fingers to apply e/s.

These creased on me seconds after I applied them. All the colors looked the same on my NC30 skin. It was only about 8 dollars though, so for about 2 dollars an eyeshadow...what do you expect? I also hated the packaging because at first, I couldn't open the lid without lifting the shadows as well....**Sigh** I won't be buying an illuminance creme shadows. And if you think Primer Potion will help....think again.

These are very pale colors but they do brighten nicely and add just the right amount of polish for a natural look, they go on very smoothly and they did crease on me a little bit but nothing a quick finger swipe didnt' take care of, I will use this one and try other color collections as well. I have noticed alot of cream shadows crease and am thinking of using one of the decreasing bases with all of my cream shadows because I do like the feel and look and it seems a practical solution to a minor problem

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I loved the texture of these eye shadows, unfortunately the colours just weren't right for me. Some of them were too pink and made me look washed out and the other neutrals were just "blah" and did nothing to highlight my eyes. I would probably try this eye shadow quad in the future just in different colours.