REVLON Illuminance Creme Shadow Quad - SeaShells

REVLON Illuminance Creme Shadow Quad -  SeaShells
Seashells- Revlon

3.9

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was in search of a white cream eyeshadow to use as an additional base in addition to my UDPP and this particular palette was the one I liked the most. The white will intensify bright colors and the other neutral and pink shades will go great with my lighter earthier toned eyeshadows to give them more pop. I use a brush to apply then lightly blend out any creases with my fingers and instant magic!

The only thing I don't like is the upside-down packaging. You open what you think is the lid to find instead that the lid is actually the backside of the shadows.

on 1/23/2011 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

PROS: love the color (Seashells palette) since it's so neutral and close to skin color for people with light shades; no offensive scent; some colors can be mixed to create customized concealers with foundation or used alone as concealers.

The best way to apply this is by first taking the color off on the back of your hand otherwise you will not be able to control the amount of color you want to put on your lid. Extremely buildable, and remains "stuck" on skin till you are ready to remove it. The best part is there are no fall outs and it's easy to blend and apply. It's best to apply in a patting motion as it evenly distributes color onto skin. It creates a soft velvety finish, not powdery looking.

CONS: no SPF; dries to a powdery finish which can become cakey if you build it up too much.

$9.99 CDN b4 taxes @ regular price, but it's often on sale at around $7.99 CDN b4 taxes.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

BEAUTIFUL. The most delightful product I've purchased in a while. They go on SO EASY and if you use them with UDPP and (just to really make them stay) put a similar shadow on top of them, they make for the brightest-eyed look! I couldn't recommend these more. The consistency is creamy and smooth and they'll last you a very long time. i don't advise using them with out a primer, but I do not think the additional e/s on top, is necessary. What a beautiful way to punch up a clean-eyed look!

on 1/13/2008 1:01:00 PM

I have a pallet of shimmery colors in 'ocean' they are lt pink, white, taupe, and li rose. I would do this to one eye first so you can see the effects of all the tips here.

1. Apply a little shimmer right under the brow - makes for an instant wakeup call (IMO)

2. Apply a small amount on the tear duct and side of the nose - be sure to blend it out with the concentration right at the inner tear duct

3. Apply your liner (and smoke out a little) only on 1/2 or 3/4 and out of eye for both top and bottom. Make sure to smudge it out to connect the color on the top and bottom at the outer point of the eye.

I didnt realize how well this worked until the other day I got something in one of my eyes. After I washed all the makeup on only that eye and then looked into the mirror to see what was bothering it... I was like WOW. I am half Asian and have smaller eyes with no lids myself LOL

good luck

on 4/22/2007 11:20:00 PM

This is a very lovely palette for daytime. These colors are somewhat sheer and very subtle. There's enough color that you feel "finished" but not so much that it's distracting. In short these are perfect for the office. I sometimes use the pinkish shade under my eyes if my circles are especially dark. It provides just enough sheen to diffuse the look of the darker circle.

I don't have a problem with the shadow creasing, but many MUA reviews do have that issue with the Illuminance shadows so that's something to consider.

on 5/19/2006 3:30:00 PM

I really like the colors..I tried the almost blue color and the peachy one. I was careful not to put it in the crease, bc I have had issues with it creasing...but overall very nice and sheer for daytime....you could play with them and make them more intense for night. I do recommend using a shadow base or even a swoop of powder to really hold the colors.

These are very pale colors but they do brighten nicely and add just the right amount of polish for a natural look, they go on very smoothly and they did crease on me a little bit but nothing a quick finger swipe didnt' take care of, I will use this one and try other color collections as well. I have noticed alot of cream shadows crease and am thinking of using one of the decreasing bases with all of my cream shadows because I do like the feel and look and it seems a practical solution to a minor problem

Seashells cream shadow quad is my favorite of illuminance shadows!
I have just purchased my second case and I am still very pleased with those.The shades are soft perfect neutrals which are great for very fair ladies and great for green or blue eyes( It will work for any color though).I find that the other colors of the line are sometimes too dark for ppp complexion( such as the lavender color for example).This is nice for quick,natural makeup.I am so glad it is not a limited edition anymore.