Lancome Poeme

PoemePoeme

3.9

on 7/24/2017 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

People saying it's sweet and then describing Lancome la vie est belle light & elegant- really? It's not sweet like candy or bubblegum (like lancome la vie est... or Alien absolue essence) no it's actually very soft and this is more elegant than most of those high end lollipop fragrances. In fact it's mesmirising & gorgeous. prefer this one over any other candy based fragrances--- just to confirm though-- this is not candy sweet, it's more floral sweet with vanilla scent with a unique style. Don't get me wrong it doesn't smell like white musk vanilla scent or poison (purple floral). Think all age will enjoy this one because -- it does not smell SWEET like someone described here below

on 2/23/2017 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a big floral fragrance from Lancome. It came out in the mid 90's, and reminds me of scents of that era. It is bold and in your face, but not brash. It has an oriental side to it too, so it's not just a fruity floral or anything like that.

Top Notes: Blue Himalayan Poppy, Lychee Blossom
Heart Notes: Orange Blossom, Mimosa, Jasmine
Base Notes: Vanilla, Desert Datura Flower

on 11/14/2015 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I absolutely love this fragrance because it's perfect for fall going in to winter, which is my favorite time of year. Poeme is a spicy and sweet amber/vanilla scent, I'm not good at determining notes but these particular one's are the foundation of this classy scent. For some reason it puts me in the mind of certain desserts which is very comforting. I used to spray this around my bedroom and on to the sheets after I've showered and before bed. My hubby hates fragrance of any type but for some reason he's never complained about this one. As we moved in to a new house this scent was lightly wafting around the place from our mattresses. While I'm in love with Poeme, I loathe the bulky ugly bottle, which is why I took off a lippie. This is the one negative but it will certainly not keep me from repurchasing and using as my signature fall scent.

I bought Poeme on a whim unsniffed on Lancome.Com with a 25% off coupon I got in the mail. I was pleasantly surprised, It's cozy, lots of vanilla and flowers, amber and musk, great depth. There's a lot going on in this perfume but it is so beautifully blended. Sillage is great, that's always a plus in my book. Lovely bottle, I like it but it isn't my favorite. I will use up my bottle, but probably won't buy again.

on 12/18/2016 7:18:00 PM

I adore this perfume, it's smells like warm spiced honey cider,very feminine and beautiful, has great longevity and silage, I can smell it in my hair and clothes the next day... it's hard to find these days as it's not in too many department stores, so you have to order on line, which is fine as long as you order from a trusted seller... Lancôme really hit the ball with this one, it's truly a magnificent fragrance ❤️

on 11/5/2016 1:31:00 PM

Very sweet. Almost siropy. I remembered it different when it was first launched, almost bitter, cold, but so fabulously feminine and radiating elegancy. It seems to me that after the success of La Vie Est Belle, a sweet perfume by excellance, Lancome (and other brands) has decided to alter the composition of its fragrances to the detriment of fragrances that were highly appreciated for their unique personality. Now Poeme is just another sweet perfume among all others. At least to me. Longevity and sillage are good though.

on 3/5/2015 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

My all-time fave Lancome perfume, I was addicted to Poeme one cold January approx 10 yrs ago -- I found it very comforting, wore it day after day, and went through a couple of bottles. Don't wear it much any more, but still keep a half-empty bottle around, as I do most of my past favorites.

I'm not a floral fan except when they're soft &/or musky &/or contain vanilla -- as Poeme does. It's the vanilla blossom note that won me over to this perfume. It dries down golden warm, soft, feminine, a little powdery, sensuous -- and I've gotten compliments.

Launched in 1995, here are the notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes -- Bergamot, Blue poppy, Angel's trumpet, Green notes, Mandarin, Narcissus, Peach, Plum, Black currant

Heart Notes -- Freesia, Heliotrope, Jasmine, Leather, Mimosa, Orange blossom, Rose, Tuberose, Vanilla blossom, Ylang-ylang

Base Notes -- Amber, Musk, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Cedar

I'd put Poeme in the same general golden vanilla-based category as Baiser Vole Essence, YSL Cinema, D&G The One, Allure, Burberry Classic (pebble-shaped bottle) -- ie, warm vanillic florals that meld well with natural skin scent. I've loved all of these mentioned at various times, and I still have them all in my collection.

Tresor never worked for me, it had a sharpness about it (always reminded me of sour rotting orange peels), Tresor flankers meh, Oui meh, Magie Noire too strong & vaguely stomach-turning, Hypnose was just fair, La Vie Est Belle is gaggingly too sweet, the other LEs in the Lancome line have always been just meh, meh, meh ......

For me, Poeme is the all-time best perfume in the Lancome line -- and for reference, my all-time favorite in the Chanel line is Allure EDP -- another golden perfume that contains a prominent vanilla note.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I was looking for a perfume with similarities to Brit Gold and the salesperson recommended poem,I'm 28 years old and first I thought well its too mature but for the last 3 days around eight or ten people has told me you Smell beautiful,you smell so charming...
It's not something like manifesto or flower bomb which I used to wear,it has some kind of originality ,it's a real perfume,they have not tried just to make some good smelling stuff,...
The drydown?The most amazing part of it and lasts the whole day

on 2/6/2015 6:29:00 PM

This scent is strong and is either a love it or hate it one but I really adore it. You need to ensure that you don't over spray as one spray is usually sufficient and it has good longevity. I can smell this on myself all day and have had several comments on how nice it is. Others have said it is a retro scent as it definitely is not a sugary sweet fragrance so favoured at the moment. It reminds me of Amarige. I will buy this over and over again.

on 5/5/2015 2:59:00 PM

Love love love this! I just love it fullstop.

Popular Fragrances