Clarins Loose Face Powder

4.3

Talc, Nylon-12, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Silk Powder (Serica), Zinc Sterate, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Hydroxylated Lanolin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Petrolatum, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Fragrance (Parfum), Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Calcium Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Coumarin, Limonene, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hydroxycitronellal, Farnesol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines, Ferric Ferrocyanide, bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Red 7 Lake, Red 30 Lake.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my go to loose powder. In fact, this is the only powder I use now, and got rid of the other pressed powders I had. I was looking for a powder that can set my foundation while looking airbrushed, and that photographs beautiful, and this powder does that. Also, it doesn't look cakey.

I don't feel like it controls my oil, but I wasn't expecting that from this product. I just use a blotting paper and my makeup is still intact. I never had a problem with the powder vanishing, it stays on my face until I take it off. To apply it I use the puff that comes with it. I'm sure it's going to last me a long time because you just need very little to set your makeup.

The packaging is beautiful, it look so luxurious on my vanity, my problem is with the sifter, I probably haven't figure it out how to use it but the sifter is loose and it's a little difficult/time consuming to get the powder in the puff or the lid.
Other than that, this is one of the best loose powders I've tried and would buy it again in the future.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a beautiful powder. I don't know how Clarins have done it, but they've managed to produce a powder that gives you a youthful dewy finish. I was using Lauders Lucidity powder prior to this, which is very good, but this powder negates the need to add highlighters etc. I use the 02 shade as the 01 is too pinky for me, and I have a fair complexion (NW15-20). It's a high end price, but will last a long time.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Not sure why so many good reviews here, probably this is not for me?

smell is gorgeous, package is glamours, but I can't see any real setting result by this loose powder, actually after use, my makeup looks less fresh and more greasy. Am I using this the wrong way?...

It is definitely the worst loose powder I've used, after one hour of use, the powder set into my pore which makes my makeup even worse. I admit the jar is pretty and huge so it will probably last for ages, which now becomes a big porblem for me: what should I do with the rest???

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have been using this loose powder for years. The powder is really soft and gilding easily over the skin. I used to try Chanel's loose powder but didn't work for me. Clarins loose powder really gives me a perfect look.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Gives a nice finish, evens out the skin for some hour. Does not make.the skin look "dead" if you put on too much by accident.. The skin only looks evened out.... So I do like the result.

BUT! There is always a but..... ;) I have acne prone skin that breaks only by someone looking at it! Yes, I have really extremely breakout-prone skin, that also has a lot of redness and scars. AND when I read this ingredient list a got a little scared. Mineral oil in a powder? Dimethicone? Talc and nylon.....? I don't know, but mineral oil does not sound acne safe.... And I usually break out by Dimethicone.... So I just didn't had the courage to continue using it....

And one more thing: it was not enough to keep the oil at bay for more than one hour at my face....

But I think that this could work for more normal skin types....

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really really love this loose powder! This is the best! I apply it after using Clarins UV Plus Day Screen HP SPF 40 and it blends perfectly with my skin. I cannot say it makes my face look matte all day (never believe such product claim) perhaps because of the sunscreen, but my face won't be so oily as before. Only one or two oil face paper in 10 hours, I can't say it isn't giving you enhanced matte look as it claims.

My favorite powder ever!!!
It gives the most beautiful soft and matte but radiant look to the skin, like there's a light on underneath your skin (But there's not the slightest bit of shimmer in it). Makes me feel so good every time I apply it:)
I can use quite a lot without it looking cakey. Not sure though what it would look like on darker skin tones, it's supposed to be translucent, but it really is a light color..

Does have a heavy smell, didn't like this at first, but I got used to it quickly. I caught myself missing the smell when I used a different powder, even though I still don't particularly like it.
Usually I apply it with the powderpuff that comes with it, it's a nice and thick one. If I want lighter coverage, I use a big powder brush.
The packaging looks great, but is not very travel friendly, tried it once, it was completely messed up when I opened it. But then, the few times a year I travel I can use a compact, so for me this is not a problem.

It's a quite pricey product, it retails for 38 euro here, but it contains 30 gram of product which is a LOT! So in the end it costs about as much as a loose powder from maybelline I own, which cost me about 10 euro (not sure, could be more), but contains only 8 gram.

Probably my favorite makeup product out of everything I own.
So yes, I would buy this again. Without thinking twice about it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I should really write a review on this - I've been using it pretty much non-stop for the last 5 years. Why? It gives a truly matte finish. Skin takes longer to regrease. Best used with puff (included) for oily skin. I actually love the smell of most Clarins stuff, and this is no exception. It energises me. It's 26. One pot lasts me about a year. But yes, travelling with it can be a faff - I just try to keep it upright, and keep it in hand luggage. Don't throw away that thin plastic lid; that's the bit you'll need for travelling.

First of all, I really don't like the smell of this product. Smells like talcum powder. It really gives you a matt finishing though. Secondly, loose powders are always such a mess. They get all over your dressing table. I've used mine less than 5 times and its still sitting on my desk. But the good thing is that it is usable for 36 months! Go for this if you're a fan of talcum powder!

There are certainly better loose powders out there.

Upside: rose-translucent hue that enhances fairer complexions; so generously sized will last for months.

Downside: can be a tad too mattifying; not as finely milled as some of its rivals.

For an excellent alternative: head to Chantecaille.