Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil (All Shades)

Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil (All Shades)
rimmel professional eyebrow pencilProfessional Eyebrow Pencil (All Shades)

4.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I grabbed this in the shade Black Brown, as that describes my eyebrow color accurately. Unfortunately, this color is more like dark brown. It's also very, very warm. It was disappointing to see how warm it looks on me.

It does apply very smooth, and it doesn't smudge badly unless you really rub at it. I think it would be excellent for someone who was warm toned, but it's not for me.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This didn't work for me on so many levels...the texture was too smooth and the color was way too warm. There isn't a cool toned brown in the line up . I find this is the case with a lot of brow products.
The overall appearance was totally fake. It is just too waxy and thick. I found it impossible for small detailing (like drawing micro brow hairs. It just wasn't happening), and very greasy formulation with too smooth application.
Would not repurchase.

on 3/22/2017 7:00:00 PM

This eyebrow pencil is an item I keep coming back to, time and time again. The main reason is it's the only pencil I can find that matches my eyebrows properly (in the shade black brown) and its consistency is beyond brilliant. The texture isn't too waxy nor too creamy, so the perfect stroke can be achieved. Overall, I love this! And, for £3, it's a steal.

on 2/22/2017 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

HG! I have been using this for years. I have deep brown skin and I use it in Hazel in the daytime and Dark Brown at night (because using Hazel at night makes my brows almost disappear in flash photography LOL). It's soft but not too soft, lasts all day/night and does not smudge or get that annoying shiny look like other pencils, and looks SO incredibly natural, while also holding hairs in place so you don't need eyebrow gel. I apply powder to my eyebrows before I apply so it really lasts on my combo/oily skin. I also like to pair it with Rimmel's Brow This Way powder for more definition.

The only thing is it doesn't last long - I go through these so quick! They need to make a longer pencil!!

on 10/2/2016 11:26:00 AM

I've been using this for 8 years now before the whole natural eyebrow trend took off. Ever since I started using it to fill it in my sparse eyebrows, I have and still to this date get compliments on my brows.

It lasts a long time. Just run draw the line at the bottom and use the brush to blend it in naturally with your brows. The only problem is when you're really REALLY sweaty, it's easily rubbed off but that's like with all makeup.

on 6/10/2016 7:05:00 AM

This product is my guilty pleasure when I'm being lazy and can't be bothered to make my brows look 100% on point. I would say it makes then look 96% ;)

It goes on so smoothly and is easy to wipe off if you make a mistake. It is my go to for brows if I run out of product and need something desperately. I will have this in my make up bag as a 'just in case' for as long as this product is available to buy.

I love this product and have been using it for probably around 2 years now!! It goes on so easily and has such a nice consistency. It lasts all day and doesn't smudge or run when you sweat. Even when I went to the beach and went under the water my eyebrows still stayed on hahahah. To achieve my desired brows I apply concealer above and below the brows to make them seem more 'fleek' and apply the maybelline tinted brow gel when done. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for a quick, easy way to get eyebrows on fleek.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Honestly? It's too dry. It's a bit of a b*tch to apply, and makes you feel like you're tearing out your eyebrows a little. The packaging is nice though, I like the brow brush. But altogether disappointing.

on 5/7/2016 7:37:00 PM

COLOR:
002 Hazel

PROs:
* Long lasting... One pencil lasted me years
* Price
* Accessibility

CONs:
* Color... This has RED undertones, not suitable for brows unless you're a REDhead (referring to color 002 Hazel)
* Packaging... The color of the lid does not match the actual product. The cap looks like a cool, muted blonde... no, the product is RED-toned
* Smudges... Smears into a blur on your forehead
* Longevity... doesn't last throughout the day, wears away unevenly

RECOMMEND:
Instead, I recommend L'Oreals Brow Stylist Designer pencil in "blonde"... It's cool-toned, not red, and stays put.

on 3/26/2016 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Purchased this two days ago and already running into problems. The product itself works fine, the pigment isn't too hard that you have to stab yourself to get any application nor too soft that it crumbles if you apply pressure (not that I do anyway). My problem is with the 'packaging' as it were. We've all been to school, we've all sharpened regular pencils and we all know that some are more well made than others. My questions is- Rimmel, why don't you just use better quality wood? The fibres flake horribly when sharpened and it doesn't do so evenly, sometimes taking chunks of the wood out in the process. I've tried several different sharpeners with the same results. I sharpen my brow pencils every time I use them as I like an extremely fine point to draw in hair strokes rather than blocking in my eyebrows (they're really quite thick anyway but they're made up of blond and dark brown so i draw in some more brown to make them look natural rather than full on instagram brow). I've now used almost a quarter of the pencil in two days because the wood it literally disintegrating and causing the 'lead' to break almost every time! I use black brown, had used the lighter shade in the past but it had a warm tone to it whilst my own brows are quite ashen.

UPDATE

I've tried other pencil since this and find it quite hard to get as good a colour match (all too reddish). Tried using a dedicated eye pencil sharpener which i came across in a pound shop of all places and it's no longer splintering, happy days.

Popular Brows Products