Clinique City Block Sheer Tint

3.8

on 5/13/2016 5:49:00 AM

Lately I've been testing a number of moisturizers and sunscreens, because my former favourite - Clarins High Protection spf 40 - was discontinued. This morning I tried Clinique's City Block Sheer Tint, spf 25, and so far it's been very good. No stinging, burning or itching, which is always a danger for me as I have very sensitive skin with rosacea.

The sheer tint lives up to its name. It does add a very light, pale beige, overall tint, but it doesn't cover up my own colouring, and doesn't clearly end, like a foundation does. It does a good job of evening out my own rather patchy complexion and it looks completely natural. I don't really like using foundation and usually just dab a little over my patches of rosacea, but with this sheer tint I smoothed it on all over my face, and it was so light and non-greasy that I was happy with it.

The spf of 25 is not high enough for really sunny days, but for most of the time it should work pretty well. I like this product and would repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product made my skin shiny and greasy looking by mid-day....and with pro-longed use, actually made my skin look worse in general! This prompted me to review the ingredients not only in this but other Clinique products as well. There aren't any ingredients that actually provide benefits to the skin in many Clinique items including the cult classic - Dramatically Different Moisturizer. Don't waste your money on this!

To Read all 43 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This is my HG foundation in the summer and/or when I plan to spend the days outdoors, and it has been for almost 10 years now. I don't wear it everyday because I don't need or want SPF on a typical day. It is so lightweight and comfortable on the skin. The coverage is fuller than any other tinted moisturizer I've tried yet the finish is very natural and youthful. I like to apply it with my fingers the best. I just use this product and a light dusting of powder on my t-zone, no foundation necessary despite my mild to moderate acne. Call me crazy but I believe this product has improved my acne and overall complexion. I have never said that about a makeup product before. Highly recommended.

Love it, goes on smooth, lasts all day. Coverage is light, makes your skin dewy looking. Has great sunscreen protection. Blends nicely with your facial coloring....I don't like the masky look of makeup so this product is perfect for me.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This stuff not only broke me out, but gave me an awful rash. Do not buy!

on 4/9/2012 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

The product is great that it is mineral-based and is great for sensitive skin. The SPF is also marvelous. The only thing I don't like about this tinted moisturizer is that my collars stain after wearing it.

on 7/22/2011 10:04:00 AM

I bought this purely for the SPF protection and it's oil free promises rather than to use as a tinted moisturiser.

I use this with a dab of powder and its all my skin needs.
I don't use the powder because it makes my skin oily or greasy, I use it because I have a red nose problem which can't be covered by a tinted moisturiser alone.

It makes the face powder glide onto my face and looks dewy rather than powdery. It doesn't have a strong smell, its not oily and hasn't made my skin break out. I was worried about it being too dark for my pale skin but it's a lovely colour and blends like a dream. Overall I really like this product, its providing all important sun protection and makes an excellent base.

However unless you're lucky enough to have pretty good skin I don't think that you could wear this alone as a foundation and may have to use it as a makeup base like me instead.

on 3/9/2011 8:32:00 PM

I love that this product has only mineral sunscreen - zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. I'm sensitive to chemical sunscreen and am careful to avoid it. This works well over my Olay Age-Defying Day Cream and underneath my foundation.

on 3/9/2010 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was not bad as a tinted moisturizer. I have sensitive skin, and can only tolerate physical sunscreens, which are often heavy and oily feeling. This was a little bit heavy going on, but dried to a non-oily finish. It also had good light coverage (although I can imagine how the shade might make some look ashy). Unfortunately, it does emphasize the dryness of my skin, which really ages you. It might work with a more heavy duty moisturizer underneath (I just use my Olay Regenerist serum), but then it really shouldn't be called tinted moisturizer.

on 2/16/2010 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really wanted to like this, but it made me look oily and led to breakouts.
Coverage was good and felt lightweight.