Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush #3

Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush #3
Sheer Blush #3

4.3

on 2/4/2010 4:01:00 PM

Armani Cosmetics calls Sheer Blush #3 "beige rose," but this is misleading for a blush whose color is bronzed apricot.

This is not a color I would normally try, because on my complexion these tones might appear ruddy, muddy, or orangey. However, I let an Armani SA cut loose on my face and this is the color he chose, calling it a "nude" blush.

Blush #3 is far from nude, and it also is much browner than Nars Orgasm (which is brighter and far more glittery). What there is of a shimmer is milled into the product, exactly as it is with Chanel blushes.

Although I think the SA was desperate to make a sale, he mentioned wanting to "warm up" my complexion when I complained that foundation strips me of all natural color. At the same time, extreme dryness had caused my face to redden a bit, making my favorite blush--Chanel Orchid Rose--look a shade too bright and unnatural.

I bought the Armani blush and then wondered what I'd been thinking. I was afraid it would clash with my plum lipsticks (Orgasm does). However, when I tried it at home with a skunk brush, I was able to get a gentle nude tone that didn't interfere with the lip color. I did have to be very careful, though. A regular blush brush would sweep this into unacceptable territory!

Color aside, the sheer blush is a lovely, luminous product. Its strongest asset is its buildability and transparency. Lasting power was average, meaning it lasted for eight hours without needing reapplication. The color stayed true and didn't mottle or pool. I do think this shade would be better on a darker complexion than mine, although it accentuated the blue/green tones in my eyes.

I have dry skin, and applying powder on top of the blush diminished the color payoff (good to know if you overdo it); it also caused some build-up on fine lines that might be of some concern to other users in my age category. I use the Armani transparent powder, which is as finely milled as you can get and is an excellent product.

This blush would work quite well as a contour product, and I noticed that the SA applied it as such, at the bottom edge of the cheekbone.

Very expensive, but it's my feeling that you pay for quality here, as you do with Chanel blushes. It seems that the most finely milled blushes come with high stickers.

Works exceptionally well with Luminous or Lasting Silk foundations. continued >>

on 8/18/2006 5:07:00 PM

here's a picture =) i'll update this after i've used it a few more times. continued >>

on 8/8/2003 2:17:00 AM

Great product..showed up better on than the #2. I agree with some of the reviews that it looks a lot like NARS Orgasm but I think it is a lot better because it is minus the disco ball effect.

on 5/31/2003 2:37:00 PM

This is an absolutely beautiful blush. The shade is a very wearable peach with a bit of gold shimmer, but not much. In fact, I was skeptical when I first saw the shade, because I was afraid that the small amount of shimmer would look like random pieces of microglitter on my cheeks. Quite the contrary, the shimmer is not easily perceptible, yet it results in a natural, soft blush not unlike the glow within usually achieved by a cream blush. The best thing, however, is the lasting ability. I can put this on the morning and 16 hours later, it still looks as vibrant as it did when first applied. I have worn this one every day since I purchased it, and now I am determined to try the other warm Armani blushes. Highly recommended.

Popular Blush Products