Mary Kay Eyeshadows

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

4.1

Mary Kay at play eye shadow trio looked very pretty in the catalog. The one I got was a purple, a pink and a highlighter color. They were simply to sparkly for me and too flaky. I didn't find them that easy to apply. If You want something sparkly this is probably good for you. I won't buy them again.

These shadows are a hit and miss for me. Some are go on nicely and some crumble with the touch of the brushes. I find the colors without the glitter go on much smoother. The ones with the glitter require a lot of blending to finally have a smooth look.

I have used Mary Kay Crystalline eyeshadow as a brow highlighter since high school. Thankfully my bestie has sold Mary Kay off and on the entire time so I've always gotten it for 1/2 off. The only Mary Kay cosmetic I like even a little.

So over the weekend a friend of mine/consultant came over and I tried some eyeshadows. I did one look (brown smokey eye with some golds and a nude lip) it was for her portfolio we even did before and after pictures. I am blown away!! The colors are super pigmented they are super blendable and lasted all night. I am truley satisfied with this product and would buy again! you ladies should try it =)

Mary Kay eyeshadows are hit & miss. Some of their metallic shades are gorgeous whereas their matte and satin shades can be chalky and difficult to blend. Keep in mind these pans are tiny, they measure 1.5 x 2.4 x 0.4 cm deep (smaller than a postage stamp) and they come in minimal packaging because they're meant to be put into the Mary Kay empty palettes. However, each pan is still 1.4g of product which is close to a MAC single eyeshadow pot at 1.5g. Mary Kay sells for $7.50 CAD whereas a MAC refill is $13 CAD (comparing similar packaging). I own about a dozen Mary Kay eyeshadows and my favourites are: Chocolate Kiss, Granite and Vintage Gold (all metallic) - and Espresso (matte) makes a nice brow powder for me (not too red). I have Sweet Plum and Precious Pink on my list to try next as they're both metallic and look very pretty in photos. The staying power of these eyeshadows are decent when I wear a primer and a base - no creasing but I do experience some fading. Pigmentation-wise, they're just ok - I normally have to layer these eyeshadows over a base to make the colours more visible. I do like these eyeshadows although they're not terribly unique in formula or colour - they're especially good if you get the empty palette and take them for travel. Would recommend the metallic colours mainly.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Very good color pay off with or without primer but I do suggest to use these with the mk eye primer so that it will be used to the fullest potential. I rarely use primer unless it's gonna be a long day, and these last at least 6 to 7 hours on me without primer. and i have oily lids the size is the same as mac 0.05 oz. There are a lot of mac dupes, iris-mac fig 1. sweet plum-mac sketch. caol-mac carbon. copper glow- mac antiqued. Amber blaze - mac amber lights. honey spice - mac all that glitters almond - Mac saddle. Sienna -mac textue

I love mary kay mineral eyeshadows. They are like 6.50 each. I love that they have vitamins in them that make them good for your skin. I use the mary kay eye primer with them but I have used them alone and even without the primer they last a long time about 10-12 hours (I have normal to dry skin). The colors are very pigmented and go on smoothly. They blend very nicely. I use the mary kay brush set to apply them but when I travel I use those tiny applicators and they blend well with either I just get a more precise application with the brush set. They have great colors and have just added some new ones this quarter. The colors work for people of all ages. The only bad thing is that they are small but mary kay had to make them smaller than what they used to because people did not have to reorder the colors my mom has old ones that she bought 20 years ago and they still work great! Which I have used my same ones almost eveyday for 6 months and they are not half way used up but they have a long shelve life. The packaging could be improved I bought a compact to put them in the compact is expensive but it is not required the container is metal and I like the fact that it is a magnetized compact so the shadows can not come out or break. They also work great as eyeliners if you use a eyeliner brush and wet it. I would definitely buy these again I love them.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I honestly had no intention of buying anything from them however a cousin of mine has joined their direct sales team and literally begged me to buy some things for her which I did. In total I spend $80 and the only thing I liked was the lipstick
which I still believed was over priced considering what you get and what it can do. But on to the eyeshadow which was the point of doing the review. I found the eyeshadow to be chalky or powdery. Its easy to apply but it just isn't MAC you know. Can't really blend it to perfection, some chalky effect seems to take over and everything looks bland or whitish. Hard to describe. While I love my cousin to death I will not be buying any more of Mary Kay's over priced products now or in the future.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love the older version.
Which I have:
Safari Sunset
Storm
Cranberry Ice
Great full color and stays put .

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Mary Kay eyeshadows are the absolute best in the world IMHO! I have used them since 1993, and even though I keep on buying other department store brands over the years (for their pretty packaging and to try something different), I always go back to MK. The shadows are fine-milled so beautifully,are silky, and provide just the right amount of color deposit. I just wish they had a larger color selection.

I love to put on my eyeshadow with my fingers instead of a brush, and MK shadows never cake or develop hard spots in them...most powder shadows will if you constantly finger-apply them.