Mary Kay Eyeshadows

Filtered by skin tone : Medium

4.3

These shadows are a hit and miss for me. Some are go on nicely and some crumble with the touch of the brushes. I find the colors without the glitter go on much smoother. The ones with the glitter require a lot of blending to finally have a smooth look.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

After using a cream shadow for several years, I was really frustrated trying to replace it. Clinique's newer versions were way too frosty, and other brands were either too bright or too shiny, or--like Color Tattoo--felt stiff to apply. Tried a couple powders, but the ones I liked were awfully pricey especially since I needed to audition various shades. A woman I work with sells MK, and her makeup looks PERFECT the whole day. She's a sweetheart and I figured there was little to lose, since they're quite inexpensive. Using Jordana's eye primer and a shadow brush, these went on so smoothly that I finally understood how powders could be described as "creamy." They blend beautifully and stay put from 7am til 11pm. The shimmers were a bit "much" for me, but the matte shades are lovely. The packaging is less lovely, so they must assume you're going to put them in a compact, but since they wear so well, I don't need touch ups, so they can stay home. I'm happy not having to pay more for packaging that will only see the inside of a drawer! I like that the name of the shade is plainly visible. The only issue I have is that the pans come out of the little case too easily, but that's easily remedied with a bit of rubber cement or double-sided tape. Hard to go wrong with these!

This eye shadow is OK. I mean it is cheap, and some of the colors blend great. Some of the colors stay on long, and have a great texture. Some of the colors are flaky, and fade easily though. I also am not a fan of the packaging. It just does not look nice to me. I might though purchase their eye shadow again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love the older version.
Which I have:
Safari Sunset
Storm
Cranberry Ice
Great full color and stays put .

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

i like these eyeshadows. smooth and sheer..... great for school and daytime. for my brown eyes, i use moonstone as a highlighter, silky caramel on my lids, and use either lemongrass or denim frost right along the lashline to brighten my eyes. these are great bu be careful.... i shattered my favorite moonstone shade, dropping it too many times. oops. well i'll be buying these again.

i love the colors it comes in. i like the color payoff and i like it that it lasts long. the only thing i didn't like is that the color stays on my brush fr a really long time unless i use brush cleanser for my brushes. but overall i like the eyeshadows

I really didn't think I would be impressived by this eye shadow but I must say that I am very pleasantly surprised. Most of the eye shadows that I have tried crease and fade after a few hours but this eye shadow was different. It lasted all day (slight creasing) and I didn't have to use a base to make it last.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I never wore eyeshadow before an MK rep showed me why it always looked bad when I tried it. I have a "hooded" eye, so I was applying it wrong. That being said, now I LOVE to play with eyeshadows. I bought some MK ones and I have bought drug store brands, plus those Estee Lauder, Lancome, and Clinique you get free when you buy something at department store. First, I rate the packaging quality highly because I DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR A COMPACT AND APPLICATOR I DON'T WANT. The idea that I can just get the shadow and only pay for that and not the overpriced packaging that I will eventually throw away is Splendid! I saw that some people complained that you have to buy a compact and applicator separately, but that is not true. You have a choice, and the fact that I have that choice with MK shadows and not other brands is why I will buy them. Secondly, I think that the depth of color in these shadows is excellent. I don't understand what another person said about having to apply it over and over. Compared to almost everything else I have tried, these shadows are hyperpigmented - a little goes a long way. I use the Onyx color when I do a smokey eye and it stays right where I put it, I don't have flaking problems. If you do have that issue, its likely that you need to apply moisturizer, foundation, or primer to your eye lid. I also like the way they have color duos, so you actually get 2 colors when you buy 1. For me, I can only use 2 colors at at time, whereas most people use 3. The duo is often perfect for the contour and the highlighter. I buy applicator sponges at Target that I can toss and then use quality smudge brushes and have no reason to buy the optional applicator.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

These shadows stay on all day and look great. My biggest problem is finding colors that I like. I love a couple of the neutrals, and use them with other shadows. They can be put on lightly, for a softer look, or built up in layers for more drama. Either way, they last a long time without creasing.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I will continue to purchase M/K eyeshadows- I have about three compacts of two each and two of the larger compacts. Their eyeshadows last all day, they are easy to apply and blend, and have a wonderful silky texture. As the previous reviewer said, they don't meld into a uni-color if you apply a different color at the crease. They also are not chalky and powdery and you won't find them on your cheeks if you apply with a brush or an applicator. Really, quite outstanding quality. I am in love with these and Aveda shadows. They both last all day.
Both have annoying refillable (separate purchase) compacts, but at least you can keep on using the compact over and over and the compact for the E/S also doubles as a blush compact. For $6.50 each these are a steal. My only complaint is that Mary Kay has a plethora of medium-toned E/S, or duos that are a medium tone and a deep tone, but the lighter color is too much for the brow/bone or highlight/wash color. They need to expand their range of wash/highlight colors. They have some good ones, but not nearly enough, and not as many as their medium to deep colors.