Mary Kay Eyeshadows

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

3.7

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Very dependant on the shade you choose and the formula du-jour (MK is notorious for frequent formula and packaging changes). The shadows I bought in 2008 differ from 2011 differ from 2014. Some shades I love (Taupe, Crystal - d/c'ed) some were cheap and chalky.
I used to love "Whipped Cocoa" but it is long gone.

You MUST try before you buy and then check ebay.

So much diversion and old MK product laying around on the secondary market.
Be careful! It's 2018 and there are new shades available - with a few "old favorites".

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

MK Mineral Eye Color is my favorite brand of eyeshadow. I was using Alima eyeshadows, which I also like, but they aren't as easy to use as these are. MK offers many colors, and they apply easily and blend like a dream. (love to blend Lavender Fog with Hazelnut to create a unique purpley-brown) They also stay on all day without creasing. I always apply them dry with either an eyeshadow brush or a sponge-tip applicator, and both methods work equally as well. Love 'em!

I bought every eye shadow that Mary Kay has such as white lily and black pearl! I love these I shadows very smooth an pretty pigmented for the price!! I've used these shadows wet and dry and both ways look beautiful!!

I have used Mary Kay Crystalline eyeshadow as a brow highlighter since high school. Thankfully my bestie has sold Mary Kay off and on the entire time so I've always gotten it for 1/2 off. The only Mary Kay cosmetic I like even a little.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Lovely colours but they flaked all over the place.... I had eyeshadow dust all over my cheekbones! Made a big mess and I had to re-do the foundation and blush.

Mary Kay eyeshadows are just like the Mary Kay blushes: they just don't stay on. I put it on and went out for one hour and came back & looked in the mirror - it was already faded (I don't think I was wearing a primer, but I rarely wear primers unless I know it's going to be a long day, and other shadows DO stay on)! Even with a primer they don't stay on as well as other shadows. They do, however, come in beautiful colors and the color sets look beautiful together.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love the older version.
Which I have:
Safari Sunset
Storm
Cranberry Ice
Great full color and stays put .

I love these, the color pay off is pretty good and they last all day. The eyeshadow itself seems to last a long time too, like most of the MK products.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Poor color range, and most have poor pigmentation. Awful packaging.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Some of the colors are really great.For example Hazel Nut.This is a beautiful matte crayon light brown.It could be worn alone or as a wash.This is a great neutral color for warm tones and cool tones.The color pigmentation is great 2 swipes on the brush and the entire lid is done beautifully.I gave it a 4 because I do not like the packaging.Yes they snap easily into the palettes but I would prefure that they would be shaped in a round pan instead of an ugly looking half oval shape.Seriously;It is ugly and bulky the grey around it isn't nice either.It wont stop me from using the shadow though.Overall the packaging holds alot of product.The shadows I have will last me a long time.It would be nice to see Mary Kay come out with some Chic round eyeshadow that snap into fancy black cases.That would look hot.