Mary Kay Eyeshadows

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

3.8

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Very dependant on the shade you choose and the formula du-jour (MK is notorious for frequent formula and packaging changes). The shadows I bought in 2008 differ from 2011 differ from 2014. Some shades I love (Taupe, Crystal - d/c'ed) some were cheap and chalky.
I used to love "Whipped Cocoa" but it is long gone.

You MUST try before you buy and then check ebay.

Update: 2018 - new formulas and colors called "ChromaFusion" $8 retail ($4 for MK consultants) and much better!

So much diversion and old MK product laying around on the secondary market.
Be careful! It's 2018 and there are new shades available - with a few "old favorites".
Try Rose Gold, Sweet Plum or Emerald Noir.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

MK Mineral Eye Color is my favorite brand of eyeshadow. I was using Alima eyeshadows, which I also like, but they aren't as easy to use as these are. MK offers many colors, and they apply easily and blend like a dream. (love to blend Lavender Fog with Hazelnut to create a unique purpley-brown) They also stay on all day without creasing. I always apply them dry with either an eyeshadow brush or a sponge-tip applicator, and both methods work equally as well. Love 'em!

I bought every eye shadow that Mary Kay has such as white lily and black pearl! I love these I shadows very smooth an pretty pigmented for the price!! I've used these shadows wet and dry and both ways look beautiful!!

I have used Mary Kay Crystalline eyeshadow as a brow highlighter since high school. Thankfully my bestie has sold Mary Kay off and on the entire time so I've always gotten it for 1/2 off. The only Mary Kay cosmetic I like even a little.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Lovely colours but they flaked all over the place.... I had eyeshadow dust all over my cheekbones! Made a big mess and I had to re-do the foundation and blush.

Mary Kay eyeshadows are just like the Mary Kay blushes: they just don't stay on. I put it on and went out for one hour and came back & looked in the mirror - it was already faded (I don't think I was wearing a primer, but I rarely wear primers unless I know it's going to be a long day, and other shadows DO stay on)! Even with a primer they don't stay on as well as other shadows. They do, however, come in beautiful colors and the color sets look beautiful together.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love the older version.
Which I have:
Safari Sunset
Storm
Cranberry Ice
Great full color and stays put .

I love these, the color pay off is pretty good and they last all day. The eyeshadow itself seems to last a long time too, like most of the MK products.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Poor color range, and most have poor pigmentation. Awful packaging.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Some of the colors are really great.For example Hazel Nut.This is a beautiful matte crayon light brown.It could be worn alone or as a wash.This is a great neutral color for warm tones and cool tones.The color pigmentation is great 2 swipes on the brush and the entire lid is done beautifully.I gave it a 4 because I do not like the packaging.Yes they snap easily into the palettes but I would prefure that they would be shaped in a round pan instead of an ugly looking half oval shape.Seriously;It is ugly and bulky the grey around it isn't nice either.It wont stop me from using the shadow though.Overall the packaging holds alot of product.The shadows I have will last me a long time.It would be nice to see Mary Kay come out with some Chic round eyeshadow that snap into fancy black cases.That would look hot.