Mary Kay Eyeshadows

Filtered by hair type : Other

4.2

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

After using a cream shadow for several years, I was really frustrated trying to replace it. Clinique's newer versions were way too frosty, and other brands were either too bright or too shiny, or--like Color Tattoo--felt stiff to apply. Tried a couple powders, but the ones I liked were awfully pricey especially since I needed to audition various shades. A woman I work with sells MK, and her makeup looks PERFECT the whole day. She's a sweetheart and I figured there was little to lose, since they're quite inexpensive. Using Jordana's eye primer and a shadow brush, these went on so smoothly that I finally understood how powders could be described as "creamy." They blend beautifully and stay put from 7am til 11pm. The shimmers were a bit "much" for me, but the matte shades are lovely. The packaging is less lovely, so they must assume you're going to put them in a compact, but since they wear so well, I don't need touch ups, so they can stay home. I'm happy not having to pay more for packaging that will only see the inside of a drawer! I like that the name of the shade is plainly visible. The only issue I have is that the pans come out of the little case too easily, but that's easily remedied with a bit of rubber cement or double-sided tape. Hard to go wrong with these!

I have tried every shadow under the sun and always come back to Mary Kay shadows..... cannot count the number of other shadows I have ended up throwing out (and cringed about money lost). The colors are great, vibrant and none stay on like these do. If you combine these with their Eye Primer you're set for the day and into the night. I also love the way you can swap out colors in the reusable compacts and not feel bad for throwing away a fairly new compact every time. You cannot go wrong with these. They're amazing!

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I sold this stuff for a few months but I wont get into that mess. The skincare products are amazing, but the makeup leaves A LOT to be desired. The colors are very shimmery, all of them either that or chalky matte. The problem is there aren't many colors to choose from. Not many at all. and a lot of them look the same. The pigmentation is barely there at all for some colors and others are just tooo dark and the color is just a little off. They have very pretty shimmer but thats just about all you see most of the time, is shimmer. A lot of the lighter colors are very dissapointing.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Mary Kay eyeshadows are the absolute best in the world IMHO! I have used them since 1993, and even though I keep on buying other department store brands over the years (for their pretty packaging and to try something different), I always go back to MK. The shadows are fine-milled so beautifully,are silky, and provide just the right amount of color deposit. I just wish they had a larger color selection.

I love to put on my eyeshadow with my fingers instead of a brush, and MK shadows never cake or develop hard spots in them...most powder shadows will if you constantly finger-apply them.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is for Mary key eye shadow singles in color smokey blue. I have this eye shadow in the refill package. I have had this one for a while and I think May Key discontinued this type already. Currently Mary Key sells eye shadow singles only in mineral formula. I have the non-mineral formula eye shadow singles in color smokey blue. It actually is a darker gray color with some light blue hue. It is very smooth and easy to apply. The color shows well on the skin. The result of this is very impressive. It brings out my Asian brown eyes and makes my whole face beautiful and elegant. I love this one. It is my HG eye makeup for parties, especially great at night time.

I have their regular eyeshadow in three colors: White Sand, Hazelnut, and Storm. I LOVE THESE SHADOWS! They are all MATTE and amazing. White Sand is a perfect, cream colored highlight, Hazelnut is a lovely golden taupe, and Storm is the most easy to blend black I have ever tried. I would use them everyday if I ever decided to use the same shadows everyday ;-) They make your face look so chic and sophistocated. Try them!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The pigment is long-lasting on me. Easy to blend and apply. I like the fact that I can just buy the eye-shadows, and don't bother purchasing the compact, it's easy to carry around as is. I just apply with clean finger-tips, and the result is excellent.

I love the texture and how these shadows set once they're on. Good staying power, but color selection is meh.

My sister recently started selling MK and sent me some samples, including eyeshadows. I should have known to stay far away -- I tried the eyeshadow once, and woke up the next morning with a painful flare up of eczema on my eyelid. I've had similar experiences with other MK products causing problems with my sensitive skin in the past. Too bad b/c it has a nice texture & good color selection. I'll stick with bare escentuals, which seems to be more gentle.

MK e/s are discriminated against! The colors and staying power are great, they can be worn wet or dry, and you pop them into the compacts! What could be more practical or economical? I do not understand why the beauty press does not review them! I especially love White Sand as a highlighter and the Fig duet for the crease and lid.