Mary Kay Eyeshadows

Filtered by skin type : Dry

3.8

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Very dependant on the shade you choose and the formula du-jour (MK is notorious for frequent formula and packaging changes). The shadows I bought in 2008 differ from 2011 differ from 2014. Some shades I love (Taupe, Crystal - d/c'ed) some were cheap and chalky.
I used to love "Whipped Cocoa" but it is long gone.

You MUST try before you buy and then check ebay.

So much diversion and old MK product laying around on the secondary market.
Be careful! It's 2018 and there are new shades available - with a few "old favorites".

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Lovely colours but they flaked all over the place.... I had eyeshadow dust all over my cheekbones! Made a big mess and I had to re-do the foundation and blush.

I love mary kay mineral eyeshadows. They are like 6.50 each. I love that they have vitamins in them that make them good for your skin. I use the mary kay eye primer with them but I have used them alone and even without the primer they last a long time about 10-12 hours (I have normal to dry skin). The colors are very pigmented and go on smoothly. They blend very nicely. I use the mary kay brush set to apply them but when I travel I use those tiny applicators and they blend well with either I just get a more precise application with the brush set. They have great colors and have just added some new ones this quarter. The colors work for people of all ages. The only bad thing is that they are small but mary kay had to make them smaller than what they used to because people did not have to reorder the colors my mom has old ones that she bought 20 years ago and they still work great! Which I have used my same ones almost eveyday for 6 months and they are not half way used up but they have a long shelve life. The packaging could be improved I bought a compact to put them in the compact is expensive but it is not required the container is metal and I like the fact that it is a magnetized compact so the shadows can not come out or break. They also work great as eyeliners if you use a eyeliner brush and wet it. I would definitely buy these again I love them.

I love Mary Kay eye shadows!! The one I use almost always is "Hazelnut." This shade is a wonderful medium to light brown shade that I have not found in any other eyeshadow brand, except perhaps Max Factor. It is a lovely shade that I believe anyone could wear. I don't even have to think when I put it on - you can't mess this up. If you are looking for a wonderful, go-with-everything shadow, try this! By the way, this eye shadow is not the new mineral makeup, but the older style which I hope they never discontinue. I have ordered several of these just in case they do!

I have this eye shadow single in Misty Pink. I love this slightly shimmery eye shadow. I use it to high light my cheekbones, brow bones and sometimes I lightly sweep it onto my eye lids for a simple, ready to go look. I love the quality and price. It's worth it. I will buy this again.

I have a few different colors that I picked out to help bring out the blue in my eyes. I LOVE the texture and quality of these. I have moved recently so I have trouble getting the products from a rep sometimes but I love the way they look so it's worth the effort.

I havent gotten across many Mary Kay products because in scandinavia there arent as many reps for this brand. However every color makeup I have been lucky enough to get to try I have absolutely loved (except for lipgloss and thats only because I dont like lipgloss). The eye shadows are very good. They are silky smooth and much more flattering than Lancome, ArtDeco, Estee Lauder, Clinique and most Chanel. They arent better than Dior tho because Dior ones are more pigmented. They arent matte or overly shimmery or metallic more like sheeny which in my opinion is the most flattering type of eye shadow even for people with wrinkles. The texture is not too dry like some brands (artdeco that I just tested today). I would LOVE to get more of these and I will if I find a rep from here...hell maybe Id even become a rep myself because this is how much I like them.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Poor color range, and most have poor pigmentation. Awful packaging.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

These shadows stay on all day and look great. My biggest problem is finding colors that I like. I love a couple of the neutrals, and use them with other shadows. They can be put on lightly, for a softer look, or built up in layers for more drama. Either way, they last a long time without creasing.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Would have given it 4 lippies for quality but added the bonus 5th for the super cheap price! I bought about 5 on my own to try (I am addicted to eyeshadow) and I really liked them! I prefer them to MAC which I have at least 12 colours of! It ranks with Estee Lauder, Clinique and Bobbi Brown in my book but at least 1/3 less pricey! My mum has just given me another 15 colours of this and now I am set for life! :)