Mary Kay Eyeshadows

Filtered by skin type : Other

4.6

I said I'd buy again because I've bought a bunch, but usually at a pretty deep discount (like 60% off). I'm annoyed that for over $6, you don't even get a durable case, you know? Is the shadow in there better than $6 drugstore shadows? Well...it's better than maybelline, covergirl, and some revlon. That's my opinion. They aren't really good to work with using brushes etc. However, the colors are classic and you can build them up and it's hard to go wrong. They just look "classy". That said, they aren't really bold or dramatic or loud. This isn't the line for that kind of thing. They definitely have a place in my stash, but my look is sedate, professional, suit-wearing mom of a toddler. You probably wouldn't be jazzed about them at all if you had to pay full price, or like bold looks. Being able to pick your colors for a palette definitely also has some value.

I have their regular eyeshadow in three colors: White Sand, Hazelnut, and Storm. I LOVE THESE SHADOWS! They are all MATTE and amazing. White Sand is a perfect, cream colored highlight, Hazelnut is a lovely golden taupe, and Storm is the most easy to blend black I have ever tried. I would use them everyday if I ever decided to use the same shadows everyday ;-) They make your face look so chic and sophistocated. Try them!

I have been a big fan of MAC eyeshadows for ages it seems. When my friend told me that MK e/s were milled in the same plant as MAC and had similar colors, I reluctantly agreed to try one (she's a rep) That was a year or so ago. Can I just say, I LOVE these shadows?!! I too, used the eye primer, and they just stay so fresh looking all day. I did end up buying the big pallet to store them in, but I really like it, especially for traveling. So I now have one small compact to keep in my purse, and then the big pallet for home use. I also really like the fact that you can easily remove the shadow containers and switch them back and forth between my purse size compact and the pallet. And these don't irritate my very sensitive eyes (I wear contacts) the way cheaper eyeshadows do (before I started using MAC) I'm just hoping they come out with some new colors soon, as I think I own almost every color they have right now, lol.

Fabulous shadow for the price. Great color selection and great blendability (is that a word?). It's only 6.50 for a shadow and I have almost every color at this point. I love MAC shadows as well but these are just as good. The only negative is that if you have a whole bunch, unless you depot them or have a ton of Mary Kay compacts, they're kinda hard to keep track of. I like my shadows all together spread out in front of me. Nonetheless, I'll remain a faithful user.

From the reviews, I can tell there is some confusion regarding the compacts. Let me clarify a bit.
Compacts are now platinum (no more peptol bismol pink)
Color compact: holds 2 shadows or one blush.
Custom compact: holds 3 shadows and one blush or 5 shadows.
Color palette: holds 6 blush or 12 eyeshadows (or any combo) plus has room for several lipsticks, mascara liners, and two foundation products.
Hope this helps a bit.

I got a bunch of these shadows at a discount and I have to admit that some of these shadows are really nice, i.e. cranberry. The quality is excellent and they are easy to blend. My only complaint is the super cheap packaging.

These eyeshadows feel like silk and goes on true to the colors you see in the package. I don't need to apply alot to get the intensity I want. Terrific colors and selections too.