Mary Kay Eyeshadows

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

3.8

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Very dependant on the shade you choose and the formula du-jour (MK is notorious for frequent formula and packaging changes). The shadows I bought in 2008 differ from 2011 differ from 2014. Some shades I love (Taupe, Crystal - d/c'ed) some were cheap and chalky.
I used to love "Whipped Cocoa" but it is long gone.

You MUST try before you buy and then check ebay.

So much diversion and old MK product laying around on the secondary market.
Be careful! It's 2018 and there are new shades available - with a few "old favorites".

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

MK Mineral Eye Color is my favorite brand of eyeshadow. I was using Alima eyeshadows, which I also like, but they aren't as easy to use as these are. MK offers many colors, and they apply easily and blend like a dream. (love to blend Lavender Fog with Hazelnut to create a unique purpley-brown) They also stay on all day without creasing. I always apply them dry with either an eyeshadow brush or a sponge-tip applicator, and both methods work equally as well. Love 'em!

I bought every eye shadow that Mary Kay has such as white lily and black pearl! I love these I shadows very smooth an pretty pigmented for the price!! I've used these shadows wet and dry and both ways look beautiful!!

I have used Mary Kay Crystalline eyeshadow as a brow highlighter since high school. Thankfully my bestie has sold Mary Kay off and on the entire time so I've always gotten it for 1/2 off. The only Mary Kay cosmetic I like even a little.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Lovely colours but they flaked all over the place.... I had eyeshadow dust all over my cheekbones! Made a big mess and I had to re-do the foundation and blush.

I bought two different colors--a purple and a grey. Neither stays very long and are fading and migrating after an hour. In order for them to stay put, I have to put primer and foundation on my eyes, but I've never had that problem with any other brand I've tried, even drug store brands. I also dislike the very small size and that they come in such cheap packaging. I didn't want to have to purchase an additional compact just because Mary Kay was too cheap to give me decent packaging for my eyeshadow!

Mary Kay eyeshadows are just like the Mary Kay blushes: they just don't stay on. I put it on and went out for one hour and came back & looked in the mirror - it was already faded (I don't think I was wearing a primer, but I rarely wear primers unless I know it's going to be a long day, and other shadows DO stay on)! Even with a primer they don't stay on as well as other shadows. They do, however, come in beautiful colors and the color sets look beautiful together.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i do love mary kay...but i don't love the mary kay consultants that go along with it ( no offense mk ladies...but i have had many, many, bad experiences with mk consultants ).

love these eyeshadows...i love MAC more...but these are nice. i don't love that you have to buy the applicators, compacts, etc to get the shadows. buying all that adds up.

to avoid the whole MK experience, if and when i buy...i buy off of ebay. i save money and avoid the consultants.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I sold this stuff for a few months but I wont get into that mess. The skincare products are amazing, but the makeup leaves A LOT to be desired. The colors are very shimmery, all of them either that or chalky matte. The problem is there aren't many colors to choose from. Not many at all. and a lot of them look the same. The pigmentation is barely there at all for some colors and others are just tooo dark and the color is just a little off. They have very pretty shimmer but thats just about all you see most of the time, is shimmer. A lot of the lighter colors are very dissapointing.

This is a review for 'Periwinkle' eye shadow.While it is probably the nicest powder blue/purple eye shadow i have ever worn.The clothes shop i work in has this colour in as a main colour this season, and its just beautiful.HOWEVER, when i applied the colour is was not as vibrant as in the pot and when i tried to blend this simply came off..i do like the sliding cover of this though i think it was supposed to fit into a pallette or something.Its expensive for the quality of it, but there is a fair bit in it..most beautiful colour ever, but sadly not the right formulation.If anyone can recommend a mac shadow in this colour i'd be so grateful:)