Mary Kay Eyeshadows

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone

3.7

I bought two different colors--a purple and a grey. Neither stays very long and are fading and migrating after an hour. In order for them to stay put, I have to put primer and foundation on my eyes, but I've never had that problem with any other brand I've tried, even drug store brands. I also dislike the very small size and that they come in such cheap packaging. I didn't want to have to purchase an additional compact just because Mary Kay was too cheap to give me decent packaging for my eyeshadow!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I honestly had no intention of buying anything from them however a cousin of mine has joined their direct sales team and literally begged me to buy some things for her which I did. In total I spend $80 and the only thing I liked was the lipstick
which I still believed was over priced considering what you get and what it can do. But on to the eyeshadow which was the point of doing the review. I found the eyeshadow to be chalky or powdery. Its easy to apply but it just isn't MAC you know. Can't really blend it to perfection, some chalky effect seems to take over and everything looks bland or whitish. Hard to describe. While I love my cousin to death I will not be buying any more of Mary Kay's over priced products now or in the future.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

For what you get these shadows are pretty expensive. Most colors don't have much pigment. The darker shades are hard to blend for a good smokey eye effect. Not much selection in the colors. Colors both fade and crease. They have huge and ugly compacts that you must buy seperately. If you accidenly drop one of these they shatter everywhere. I'm sorry, but these just suck!!! (Please don't tell my MK lady!)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Fairly good eyeshadow- new mineral eyeshadows are definitely more pigmented than the old MK shadows. Don't mind the small size since I specifically bought to fit in the new compact pro. These are not as pigemented as I am used to as I had been using the L'oreal HIP shadows, but those are much more pigmented than most so that is not a good comparison. It will take a little getting used to but overall I am very happy with the color choices and staying power. I have also found adding a little of the "coal" shadow, just a little, to whatever contour shade I am using helps give the effect I like.

This eyeshadow has nice pigment and lasts all day. It doesn't slide into the crease and stays put. I even use it as an eyeliner. The only complaint I have is the packaging - they come in little containers with little plastic caps that are a pain to handle. I guess they want you to buy the compact too.

The eyeshadows I have are fairly old but I recently rediscovered them. I have a pale shimmery champagne, a light shimmery taupe, and a plummy purple. They go on smooth and last fairly well, and are nicely pigmented. I would buy some more if I ever used these up!

Mary Kay eyeshadows are very nice shadows for a very reasonable price. The color pay off is great and they wear all day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love the older version.
Which I have:
Safari Sunset
Storm
Cranberry Ice
Great full color and stays put .

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I never wore eyeshadow before an MK rep showed me why it always looked bad when I tried it. I have a "hooded" eye, so I was applying it wrong. That being said, now I LOVE to play with eyeshadows. I bought some MK ones and I have bought drug store brands, plus those Estee Lauder, Lancome, and Clinique you get free when you buy something at department store. First, I rate the packaging quality highly because I DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR A COMPACT AND APPLICATOR I DON'T WANT. The idea that I can just get the shadow and only pay for that and not the overpriced packaging that I will eventually throw away is Splendid! I saw that some people complained that you have to buy a compact and applicator separately, but that is not true. You have a choice, and the fact that I have that choice with MK shadows and not other brands is why I will buy them. Secondly, I think that the depth of color in these shadows is excellent. I don't understand what another person said about having to apply it over and over. Compared to almost everything else I have tried, these shadows are hyperpigmented - a little goes a long way. I use the Onyx color when I do a smokey eye and it stays right where I put it, I don't have flaking problems. If you do have that issue, its likely that you need to apply moisturizer, foundation, or primer to your eye lid. I also like the way they have color duos, so you actually get 2 colors when you buy 1. For me, I can only use 2 colors at at time, whereas most people use 3. The duo is often perfect for the contour and the highlighter. I buy applicator sponges at Target that I can toss and then use quality smudge brushes and have no reason to buy the optional applicator.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Ok I admit that the packaging on these sucks and they don't come with an applicator. But other than that, they are absolutely perfect! I am 20 years old and I though that MK was only for "old ladies". But I have been proven wrong. I bought one of the mirrored compacts(which comes with a dual sided eye applicator and a mini blush brush) and I can put 3 or 5 shadows in it(depending on whether or not I have a blush in the compact also). I have 3 MK shadows as of right now. Sugarplum, Sheer Pink, and the Cotton Candy duo. I love them all. The colors are soft and pretty, not harsh and slutty, like many drugstore products aimed at my age group. These blend VERY easily, they last forever, even on my SUPER oily eyelids, and it's very easy to blend the shadows together either when shading, or trying to make a "new color". I cannot wait to get more shadows and to try even more MK prducts! I am very impressed.