Mary Kay Eyeshadows

4.1

I bought two different colors--a purple and a grey. Neither stays very long and are fading and migrating after an hour. In order for them to stay put, I have to put primer and foundation on my eyes, but I've never had that problem with any other brand I've tried, even drug store brands. I also dislike the very small size and that they come in such cheap packaging. I didn't want to have to purchase an additional compact just because Mary Kay was too cheap to give me decent packaging for my eyeshadow!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I honestly had no intention of buying anything from them however a cousin of mine has joined their direct sales team and literally begged me to buy some things for her which I did. In total I spend $80 and the only thing I liked was the lipstick
which I still believed was over priced considering what you get and what it can do. But on to the eyeshadow which was the point of doing the review. I found the eyeshadow to be chalky or powdery. Its easy to apply but it just isn't MAC you know. Can't really blend it to perfection, some chalky effect seems to take over and everything looks bland or whitish. Hard to describe. While I love my cousin to death I will not be buying any more of Mary Kay's over priced products now or in the future.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Poor color range, and most have poor pigmentation. Awful packaging.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

For what you get these shadows are pretty expensive. Most colors don't have much pigment. The darker shades are hard to blend for a good smokey eye effect. Not much selection in the colors. Colors both fade and crease. They have huge and ugly compacts that you must buy seperately. If you accidenly drop one of these they shatter everywhere. I'm sorry, but these just suck!!! (Please don't tell my MK lady!)

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Horrible eyeshadows. I will never buy it again!

My sister recently started selling MK and sent me some samples, including eyeshadows. I should have known to stay far away -- I tried the eyeshadow once, and woke up the next morning with a painful flare up of eczema on my eyelid. I've had similar experiences with other MK products causing problems with my sensitive skin in the past. Too bad b/c it has a nice texture & good color selection. I'll stick with bare escentuals, which seems to be more gentle.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

!.------------------------ 2007 UPDATE: If I want to pay what MK wants for this I'd rather buy high end brands or even MAC and Urban Decay.---------------------------------------------UPDATE: I used to love mk products but found out a lot of interesting information on pinktruth.com regarding the products and company. Turns out they are a bunch of scam artists after all. So sad.HERES MY OLD PINK FOGGED REVIEW-------------------This is the best e/s formula I have ever tried. They NEVER crease and last all day long even thru gym sweat sessions. The colors are classy and subdued. I only wish they would come out with a big fat pallette made only for the eyeshadow pans. I Have a wide collection and nowhere to put them except some in the custom pallette (which will only hold 12 pans but then all these other compartments that I don't want are taking up space) or a few here and there in the smaller compacts. I would prefer to have them all together at once. UPDATE = I removed the metal pan containing the eye color from the plastic of each e/s and stuck a magnet on each and everyone of them. Then I placed them all neatly in my homemade palette. Looks gorgeous!

Mary Kay at play eye shadow trio looked very pretty in the catalog. The one I got was a purple, a pink and a highlighter color. They were simply to sparkly for me and too flaky. I didn't find them that easy to apply. If You want something sparkly this is probably good for you. I won't buy them again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Lovely colours but they flaked all over the place.... I had eyeshadow dust all over my cheekbones! Made a big mess and I had to re-do the foundation and blush.

I like Mary Kay skin care, but I'm not a big fan of their cosmetics. The mineral eyeshadows come off in chunks and are not very rich. Almost all of them have shimmer too. Something isn't right about the formulation. I like the older ones better (5 years ago).