Mary Kay Eyeshadows

4.1

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Very good color pay off with or without primer but I do suggest to use these with the mk eye primer so that it will be used to the fullest potential. I rarely use primer unless it's gonna be a long day, and these last at least 6 to 7 hours on me without primer. and i have oily lids the size is the same as mac 0.05 oz. There are a lot of mac dupes, iris-mac fig 1. sweet plum-mac sketch. caol-mac carbon. copper glow- mac antiqued. Amber blaze - mac amber lights. honey spice - mac all that glitters almond - Mac saddle. Sienna -mac textue

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

MK Mineral Eye Color is my favorite brand of eyeshadow. I was using Alima eyeshadows, which I also like, but they aren't as easy to use as these are. MK offers many colors, and they apply easily and blend like a dream. (love to blend Lavender Fog with Hazelnut to create a unique purpley-brown) They also stay on all day without creasing. I always apply them dry with either an eyeshadow brush or a sponge-tip applicator, and both methods work equally as well. Love 'em!

Mary Kay eyeshadows are hit & miss. Some of their metallic shades are gorgeous whereas their matte and satin shades can be chalky and difficult to blend. Keep in mind these pans are tiny, they measure 1.5 x 2.4 x 0.4 cm deep (smaller than a postage stamp) and they come in minimal packaging because they're meant to be put into the Mary Kay empty palettes. However, each pan is still 1.4g of product which is close to a MAC single eyeshadow pot at 1.5g. Mary Kay sells for $7.50 CAD whereas a MAC refill is $13 CAD (comparing similar packaging). I own about a dozen Mary Kay eyeshadows and my favourites are: Chocolate Kiss, Granite and Vintage Gold (all metallic) - and Espresso (matte) makes a nice brow powder for me (not too red). I have Sweet Plum and Precious Pink on my list to try next as they're both metallic and look very pretty in photos. The staying power of these eyeshadows are decent when I wear a primer and a base - no creasing but I do experience some fading. Pigmentation-wise, they're just ok - I normally have to layer these eyeshadows over a base to make the colours more visible. I do like these eyeshadows although they're not terribly unique in formula or colour - they're especially good if you get the empty palette and take them for travel. Would recommend the metallic colours mainly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I honestly had no intention of buying anything from them however a cousin of mine has joined their direct sales team and literally begged me to buy some things for her which I did. In total I spend $80 and the only thing I liked was the lipstick
which I still believed was over priced considering what you get and what it can do. But on to the eyeshadow which was the point of doing the review. I found the eyeshadow to be chalky or powdery. Its easy to apply but it just isn't MAC you know. Can't really blend it to perfection, some chalky effect seems to take over and everything looks bland or whitish. Hard to describe. While I love my cousin to death I will not be buying any more of Mary Kay's over priced products now or in the future.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

After using a cream shadow for several years, I was really frustrated trying to replace it. Clinique's newer versions were way too frosty, and other brands were either too bright or too shiny, or--like Color Tattoo--felt stiff to apply. Tried a couple powders, but the ones I liked were awfully pricey especially since I needed to audition various shades. A woman I work with sells MK, and her makeup looks PERFECT the whole day. She's a sweetheart and I figured there was little to lose, since they're quite inexpensive. Using Jordana's eye primer and a shadow brush, these went on so smoothly that I finally understood how powders could be described as "creamy." They blend beautifully and stay put from 7am til 11pm. The shimmers were a bit "much" for me, but the matte shades are lovely. The packaging is less lovely, so they must assume you're going to put them in a compact, but since they wear so well, I don't need touch ups, so they can stay home. I'm happy not having to pay more for packaging that will only see the inside of a drawer! I like that the name of the shade is plainly visible. The only issue I have is that the pans come out of the little case too easily, but that's easily remedied with a bit of rubber cement or double-sided tape. Hard to go wrong with these!

I bought two different colors--a purple and a grey. Neither stays very long and are fading and migrating after an hour. In order for them to stay put, I have to put primer and foundation on my eyes, but I've never had that problem with any other brand I've tried, even drug store brands. I also dislike the very small size and that they come in such cheap packaging. I didn't want to have to purchase an additional compact just because Mary Kay was too cheap to give me decent packaging for my eyeshadow!

Mary Kay eyeshadows are just like the Mary Kay blushes: they just don't stay on. I put it on and went out for one hour and came back & looked in the mirror - it was already faded (I don't think I was wearing a primer, but I rarely wear primers unless I know it's going to be a long day, and other shadows DO stay on)! Even with a primer they don't stay on as well as other shadows. They do, however, come in beautiful colors and the color sets look beautiful together.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i do love mary kay...but i don't love the mary kay consultants that go along with it ( no offense mk ladies...but i have had many, many, bad experiences with mk consultants ).

love these eyeshadows...i love MAC more...but these are nice. i don't love that you have to buy the applicators, compacts, etc to get the shadows. buying all that adds up.

to avoid the whole MK experience, if and when i buy...i buy off of ebay. i save money and avoid the consultants.

MK reps always tell the quality of their shadows is the same the high end brands have, but for a fraction of the price. What can I tell? I own a significant number of MK shadows, and that`s just not true. High end brands do produce better quaality shadows and what`s important - you can tell the difference. I don`t like MK and won`t buy them again cause they are too transparent, you need to build the colour several times and even with dark shades you can`t make a decent eye-liner. Some a poor in quality - like onyx (the dark shade keeps flaking practically the moment you put the shadow on!!). After I bought Lancome and Dior - nothing would make me turn back to MK. Even the price is high! (You need to buy not only the shadow, but also the compact - so overall for Dior and Lancome you pay probably a tiny-tiny fraction more).

I have been a big fan of MAC eyeshadows for ages it seems. When my friend told me that MK e/s were milled in the same plant as MAC and had similar colors, I reluctantly agreed to try one (she's a rep) That was a year or so ago. Can I just say, I LOVE these shadows?!! I too, used the eye primer, and they just stay so fresh looking all day. I did end up buying the big pallet to store them in, but I really like it, especially for traveling. So I now have one small compact to keep in my purse, and then the big pallet for home use. I also really like the fact that you can easily remove the shadow containers and switch them back and forth between my purse size compact and the pallet. And these don't irritate my very sensitive eyes (I wear contacts) the way cheaper eyeshadows do (before I started using MAC) I'm just hoping they come out with some new colors soon, as I think I own almost every color they have right now, lol.