4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

I'm a beauty consultant and I get these half off $4 to sell wholesale $8. I think the price for less than a gram is outrageous. If you figure the price of a high end pans like Anastasia Beverly hills which mary kay eyeshadow is the like the same formula and less than a gram per pan; you still get a better deal with Anastasia because they offer palettes of 12 shades for $50. Mary Kay doesn't offer palettes. The color scheme is underwhelming but pretty. But I'm mad at the price not the formula. I love how soft, blendable and pigment is lasting. But you have to deal with flimsy cheap packaging so you buy the compact $17 and pocket size. might as well buy a z palette for $20. so let's say you purchase mary kay compact and 6 shadows to fill it; that's $65. I say do yourself a favor and go to Sephora and get a palette. if you prefer singles, color pop $5 for very good eyeshadow with all sorts of colors. Mary Kay colors are basics. They try to sell you on the fact that it's enriched with vitamins a, e and c. First if all, vitamin c is not sustainable so maybe if you took it out, it would be less expensive. As a matter of fact take all the vitamins out because more than likely we are going to use an eyelid primer and none of that goodness is going to be absorbed. And even if you don't use a primer, I'm skeptical that an eyeshadow can help reduce wrinkles. so to sum it up, quality 5 stars, packaging 1 star, price 0 to 1 star. all together it's a 3 star if you don't mind the price but I say skip the shadows and get any of there foundations, tranluscent powder or blushes.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

2.0

4 years ago

Mary Kay at play eye shadow trio looked very pretty in the catalog. The one I got was a purple, a pink and a highlighter color. They were simply to sparkly for me and too flaky. I didn't find them that easy to apply. If You want something sparkly this is probably good for you. I won't buy them again.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

4 years ago

These shadows are a hit and miss for me. Some are go on nicely and some crumble with the touch of the brushes. I find the colors without the glitter go on much smoother. The ones with the glitter require a lot of blending to finally have a smooth look.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

5 years ago

Pricey for just one eyeshadow in a pan (I think it's overpriced here on the Phil.) I love the matte ones except the gray one ( i forgot the name), it's not blendable unlike espresso, cinnabar, silk caramel. Not a fan of glittery ones, i think they're too loud. I hope MK would have the formula with just the right kind of sheen.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

6 years ago

Very dependant on the shade you choose and the formula du-jour (MK is notorious for frequent formula and packaging changes). The shadows I bought in 2008 differ from 2011 differ from 2014. Some shades I love (Taupe, Crystal - d/c'ed) some were cheap and chalky. I used to love "Whipped Cocoa" but it is long gone. You MUST try before you buy and then check ebay. Update: 2018 - new formulas and colors called "ChromaFusion" $8 retail ($4 for MK consultants) and much better! So much diversion and old MK product laying around on the secondary market. Be careful! It's 2018 and there are new shades available - with a few "old favorites". Try Rose Gold, Sweet Plum or Emerald Noir.

About reviewer (2453 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

from

6 years ago

After using a cream shadow for several years, I was really frustrated trying to replace it. Clinique's newer versions were way too frosty, and other brands were either too bright or too shiny, or--like Color Tattoo--felt stiff to apply. Tried a couple powders, but the ones I liked were awfully pricey especially since I needed to audition various shades. A woman I work with sells MK, and her makeup looks PERFECT the whole day. She's a sweetheart and I figured there was little to lose, since they're quite inexpensive. Using Jordana's eye primer and a shadow brush, these went on so smoothly that I finally understood how powders could be described as "creamy." They blend beautifully and stay put from 7am til 11pm. The shimmers were a bit "much" for me, but the matte shades are lovely. The packaging is less lovely, so they must assume you're going to put them in a compact, but since they wear so well, I don't need touch ups, so they can stay home. I'm happy not having to pay more for packaging that will only see the inside of a drawer! I like that the name of the shade is plainly visible. The only issue I have is that the pans come out of the little case too easily, but that's easily remedied with a bit of rubber cement or double-sided tape. Hard to go wrong with these!

About reviewer (142 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesHazel

from

8 years ago

MK Mineral Eye Color is my favorite brand of eyeshadow. I was using Alima eyeshadows, which I also like, but they aren't as easy to use as these are. MK offers many colors, and they apply easily and blend like a dream. (love to blend Lavender Fog with Hazelnut to create a unique purpley-brown) They also stay on all day without creasing. I always apply them dry with either an eyeshadow brush or a sponge-tip applicator, and both methods work equally as well. Love 'em!

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

8 years ago

I bought every eye shadow that Mary Kay has such as white lily and black pearl! I love these I shadows very smooth an pretty pigmented for the price!! I've used these shadows wet and dry and both ways look beautiful!!

About reviewer (88 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

8 years ago

I said I'd buy again because I've bought a bunch, but usually at a pretty deep discount (like 60% off). I'm annoyed that for over $6, you don't even get a durable case, you know? Is the shadow in there better than $6 drugstore shadows? Well...it's better than maybelline, covergirl, and some revlon. That's my opinion. They aren't really good to work with using brushes etc. However, the colors are classic and you can build them up and it's hard to go wrong. They just look "classy". That said, they aren't really bold or dramatic or loud. This isn't the line for that kind of thing. They definitely have a place in my stash, but my look is sedate, professional, suit-wearing mom of a toddler. You probably wouldn't be jazzed about them at all if you had to pay full price, or like bold looks. Being able to pick your colors for a palette definitely also has some value.

About reviewer (229 reviews)

Age

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

8 years ago

I have used Mary Kay Crystalline eyeshadow as a brow highlighter since high school. Thankfully my bestie has sold Mary Kay off and on the entire time so I've always gotten it for 1/2 off. The only Mary Kay cosmetic I like even a little.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure