Mary Kay Eyeshadows

Filtered by age: 44-55

3.8

Mary Kay at play eye shadow trio looked very pretty in the catalog. The one I got was a purple, a pink and a highlighter color. They were simply to sparkly for me and too flaky. I didn't find them that easy to apply. If You want something sparkly this is probably good for you. I won't buy them again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Very dependant on the shade you choose and the formula du-jour (MK is notorious for frequent formula and packaging changes). The shadows I bought in 2008 differ from 2011 differ from 2014. Some shades I love (Taupe, Crystal - d/c'ed) some were cheap and chalky.
I used to love "Whipped Cocoa" but it is long gone.

You MUST try before you buy and then check ebay.

So much diversion and old MK product laying around on the secondary market.
Be careful!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Lovely colours but they flaked all over the place.... I had eyeshadow dust all over my cheekbones! Made a big mess and I had to re-do the foundation and blush.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Mary Kay eyeshadows are the absolute best in the world IMHO! I have used them since 1993, and even though I keep on buying other department store brands over the years (for their pretty packaging and to try something different), I always go back to MK. The shadows are fine-milled so beautifully,are silky, and provide just the right amount of color deposit. I just wish they had a larger color selection.

I love to put on my eyeshadow with my fingers instead of a brush, and MK shadows never cake or develop hard spots in them...most powder shadows will if you constantly finger-apply them.

I have this eye shadow single in Misty Pink. I love this slightly shimmery eye shadow. I use it to high light my cheekbones, brow bones and sometimes I lightly sweep it onto my eye lids for a simple, ready to go look. I love the quality and price. It's worth it. I will buy this again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is for Mary key eye shadow singles in color smokey blue. I have this eye shadow in the refill package. I have had this one for a while and I think May Key discontinued this type already. Currently Mary Key sells eye shadow singles only in mineral formula. I have the non-mineral formula eye shadow singles in color smokey blue. It actually is a darker gray color with some light blue hue. It is very smooth and easy to apply. The color shows well on the skin. The result of this is very impressive. It brings out my Asian brown eyes and makes my whole face beautiful and elegant. I love this one. It is my HG eye makeup for parties, especially great at night time.

GREAT color selection, great quality, they still are in the "Mary Kay" shaped containers, which means you have to use in the Mary Kay compacts. Colors I loved:Whipped Cocoa, Crystalline, Rose Mist,
Onyx, Virtual Violet, Storm, Cranberry, Cotton Candy duo (pink is GORGEOUS!) White Sand, Hazelnut. Until they change they're packing I won't be buying anymore. The small compacts are ok but the larger ones are cumbersome!

I am writing about Mary Kay powder eye shadows. Granted, most MK es color I purchased are not good for every day wear. So I only used them once or twice a year (given their generous size, these stand-out color will last a few life time for me). But for my goodo daily wear, I reach for the few stable MK color such as hazel nut, heather rose, etc. Their es is pigmented. For a smoky eye look, a few swipes of onyx duo does the job. These stable color are my long time favorite. I only took out one rating because these es do not last long on my oily skin. I have to wear eye primer in order for them to stay.

I was writing several reviews today, and was thinking about eyeshadows when Mary Kay came to mind. I have tried to like Mary Kay products, and some I really do like Eyesicles in Vanilla which is so awesome, Cream & Sugar Lipgloss - wonderful, the terrific eye makeup remover, and the wonderful Satin Hands! But, overall, I can't stand Mary Kay's colors - I mean it is serious work trying to find even one I like! All of them seem off on me, and that goes for lipstick, blush etc... The reason I'm giving the shadow 2 stars is because the seem to go on ok, and wear ok, too, but what would I know, as I can't stand wearing them because of the colors. Yes, I do own some, as I purchased a full color collection, you know how it is sometimes, being nice...- what a mistake!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

These shadows stay on all day and look great. My biggest problem is finding colors that I like. I love a couple of the neutrals, and use them with other shadows. They can be put on lightly, for a softer look, or built up in layers for more drama. Either way, they last a long time without creasing.