Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser

3.1

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (0.5%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycol Distearate, Glycolic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 11, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance 5/29/09

on 8/29/2014 11:05:00 PM

I would buy this again but it wouldn't be my first choice. Currently my favorite cleanser is Peter Thomas Roth's Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel, but it is expensive and I would love to find a cheaper alternative. I compared the ingredients between my PTR cleanser and this one from Neutrogena, and I found that they both contain the one-two punch of salicylic and glycolic acids so I was eager to give it a try.

I found it to be a perfectly fine cleanser, lathers up nicely and rinses off cleanly. Doesn't dry my skin out or cause irritation. But it doesn't leave my skin feeling as clean and refreshed as my PTR does and also, it doesn't keep my breakouts in check quite as well as my PTR either. (For reference my skin is combo-oily and it tends to be clog-prone with a few occasional breakouts.)

I'd buy this again in a pinch, in fact I'd actually recommend it. But it's not HG for me. Good value for the price though!

I second Bloata's very wise comments - and to dry-skinned I would add sensitive too. It is aimed at oily/combination/acne skins. And slightly older ones at that! I like it, although I am a cosmetics tart so have several cleansers on the go which I use in rotation depending on my needs. I use a toner afterwards so have absolutely no issues with residue.

on 2/18/2012 1:30:00 PM

It's ok I guess. I didn't notice any difference with my wrinkles. A bit too slimy and takes a lot of water to create a foamy lather. I do not recommend this cleanser and would not repurchase.

on 3/29/2011 11:11:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love how this product isn't HE so my expectation were low. I blew through my expectations. I was mailing back and forth betyween an MUAer and she was telling me spending more doesn't mean better, which I agree. I heard Neutrogena has some great cleanser. Although salicylic acic doesn't do the trick for me (i'm using 10% bezoyl peroxide) I like that this cleanser has AHA in it. It help calm down my skin. I've used all sorts of cleansers and masks and this one along with the Deep clean which contain beta hydroxy has made my skin look great. I am very happy with this pruduct. I use it with my clarisonic at least once a week. I can't believ Neutrogene has been given my skin such great result.!! My acne has been calming down and my skin has been looking better overall,

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this cleanser for years and I love it! I like it because I can use it to remove my eye makeup and it doesn't bother my eyes at all. There is no need to do an extra step and remove eye makeup prior to. It also rinses clean and leaves no residue. I have combination skin and it doesn't ever seem to dry my skin. The only negative for me is it is super slippery when you put it in your hand and sometimes slips right off. As long as you have that under controll, it's great. I literally have been using this cleanser for 6 years, I'm 30 with very little wrinkles but whos to say if it's the product or genetics.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This product is probably isn't the best.
It claims that it helps your blemishes but really, I don't see anything different at all.
Though, it kinda help my little wrinkles on my forehead and that's it.

Also, the formula is really slippery (More like a gel)
It's kind of aggravating when you squeeze it to your hand and it slips into your sink :P

I do not recommend this product to anyone.

It's sucks, don't waste your money!!!

on 8/19/2006 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is strong! I use a 40% AHA peel and a 15% BHA every couple of weeks, and use RetinAMicro daily so I thought that my skin would sail through this product without even the slightest irritation...boy I was wrong. For those of you who read the Baumann book I am an O37 S44.5 p42 w44. I am classified as being very sensitive and with this product it shows. I adore strong effective products and I am willing to allow my skin to acclimate to the ingredients. I am on day 3 and my face is slightly sensitive to the touch and my lips are flakey around the edges))eeewww(( Mild manual exfoliation takes care of that. Although my skin show improvement just from a face wash, I hadn't expected much when puchasing. My large goopy pores on my nose are smaller and less packed, and it removes ALL of my makeup including my waterproof mascara. So far so good, who knew such a cheapo $6 product would keep up with my expensive habit.
Edit**I removed one lippie due to my move toward treating my face a bit more delicately. This is still a decent product, but my face breaks out less and is MUCH less oily since switching gears.

on 6/6/2004 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Overall, I like this cleanser. I do feel it benefits the breakouts I tend to get every now and again. The only drawback, in my opinion, is that it is quite drying.

on 1/24/2004 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Does not rinse clean, stings my face and didn't really clean either. No improvment in my clogged pores or fine lines either. Not repurchasing.